Tower of Saviors Forum
[Teaser] Patch 14.3 - Printable Version

+- Tower of Saviors Forum (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Tower of Saviors (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-Tower-of-Saviors)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [Teaser] Patch 14.3 (/Thread-Teaser-Patch-14-3)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - Glune - 11-30-2017

So overall this seal worth picking?

Lol

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - Revdarian - 11-30-2017

Thank you Agnesi!

I updated my posts to point towards yours Big Grin ok the info about teamskills is properly weird and interesting, i shall have fun doing my 10 draws of this series lol

edit:
Azathot, Novalis, Muramasa, Draco, the 1.5x GE dragon, Azathot should be viable if the stage is on the easy side, if you have to drop someone i would venture that the GE dragon has the least value out of the team initially.

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - CarlotheTOSNoob - 11-30-2017

Bump, updated main thread!

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - Fauxy - 11-30-2017

Thanks for the translations Agnesi. It's weird cuz I was seeing effects that weren't mentioned on the FB in the demo vid, turns out they're teamskills. EDIT: Added stuff cuz Agnesi's translation changed or maybe I was just blind and stupid, like normally.

So these are the three rares? No beast. Why the tease? Maybe Atlach Nacha is something super special for Lynx, but considered common because unusable elsewhere.

Azathoth: A built in snipe? I'm guessing defense affects it. Baby Babylon effect is useful. He's basically Nidhogg for Novalis otherwise. Kinda boring, but if you love Novalis and dragons in general, I guess this is a good solution to his issues. Still weak to neutralize reset, dunno how it'll fare with high defense enemies. Active is very long CD to basically give you a slightly worse (?) version of Colin.

He seems to actually be meant to be rainbow, with Novalis making dark a universal rune. However more colors means less converters means less chance to trigger the 1.6x. Is he better than Copper? Dunno. Seems similar to Rose, you need a decent spinning hand to make the most of him (because initial combos are important). What happens if you make the combos but not the space in his column?

EDIT: Multiplier is just to dark dragon but extend is given for more colors. Why? What? EDIT2: Disregard that.

Daoloth: The bestial races are rising up against these god and human bourgeoisie. This is a pretty solid card I think and fills in the remaining niche of races for Light. So now we have All Races (TSZ), God and Demon (Maya), Humans (Arthur), and Dragons, Beasts and Elves (Daoloth). Light has the healthiest meta of all the elements at the moment, and this card rather than shaking things up kind of brings it full circle.

I do think the member setup will be a bit strange for a while, because light is not an element that's been very giving with any of these races, Colin and Pluma as used in the video seem the most significant of the bunch. Copper's not great as a member because of his high CD. Strelitzia is probably in by default just to piggyback off of Colin, and since your other options are Nyx, Hamel, or Woodbury.

Based on the demo vid, his active stacks, so you can get up to +12 combos by activating both Daoloths.

Ghroth: Very strange, closed meta (as in limited to the series) leader. Surely as a demon, a FIRE demon, he'll have the highest attack in a team of Demons, Dragons and Beasts? I guess a fusion is mandatory to make the best of it? I don't think his leader skills make much sense, when and why are you going to produce a load of hearts with the worst recovery races in the game? Even multiplied by 1.5x still bad. Of course, they might reveal that one of the commons is a demon with toggle autogenerate hearts like Midnight Infant, who knows. His active is super fascinating though, basically with luck you can rack 100 combos with a regular old Jackie team. And going off the information we have, I think that's the best place for him. In a better demon team.

He's CD 10 not CD 8 I think? I mean, that's the part I can read.

EDIT: I realized Mo Wang Zi is probably the intended card for him to be syncing to, but that card is literally being discontinued next month and as a limited seal, MH original, I'm judging and expecting this card based on an idea of some long run usability.

Ithaqua: It's very slightly better Woodbury/Krater. For Izanagi, who doesn't need that at all. The best thing about this card is that it's not one of the seal cards, I totally thought it was the evolved form of that half a body earth card.

My takeaway so far is, if you don't have Colin, but you love dragons, too bad because MH is trying to build the entire dragon meta around him.

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - put1572 - 11-30-2017

Wow, such convoluted descriptions. Next thing you know we'll be spending more time trying to make sense of what is written rather than actually playing lol.

Anyway, I'm psyched for a Lovecraft-inspired series! 2 of the 3 rares are dragons, with Azathoth being the jackpot i presume. Finally, a reason for me to start training my dragons. They look pretty interesting on paper what with all those team skills, we'll see how strong they really are once the patch rolls in and once players have had enough time to play around with the members. I mean, see how many Khaos teams emerged from experimentation...

RE: [Patch 14.3 Teaser] Work In Progress - agnesi - 11-30-2017

Azathoth's healing mechanic (as I understand it anyway):

Deal 500k - 1500k extra dark damage before attacks. Heal HP based on how much damage is done by the extra attack (it seems to scale with attribute multiplier, so I suspect it's probably also affected by shields). This is 5,000HP to 15,000 HP (max 22500HP against light.)
No healing from this passive if the extra attack defeats the enemy (I think that's what that clause means?).

Heal 50% of total HP after defeating an enemy. (~22k based on the team in the video)

Like Ursula, the leech mechanic seems very dependent on how much damage you actually deal to the enemy, and is effectively capped at 50% HP. 

Unlike Ursula, you get the bonus 50% heal for defeating an enemy, so you can actually almost full heal if you clear the board and burst, which using Azathoth's active will do
Also, the leech is not dependent on having attack runes but on clearing the board. Not that rune drought seems to be an issue with Azathoth.

(11-30-2017, 10:13 PM)put1572 Wrote: Wow, such convoluted descriptions. Next thing you know we'll be spending more time trying to make sense of what is written rather than actually playing lol.

Anyway, I'm psyched for a Lovecraft-inspired series! 2 of the 3 rares are dragons, with Azathoth being the jackpot i presume. Finally, a reason for me to start training my dragons. They look pretty interesting on paper what with all those team skills, we'll see how strong they really are once the patch rolls in and once players have had enough time to play around with the members. I mean, see how many Khaos teams emerged from experimentation...

These aren't official translations.

Tongue

Unless you're talking about me trying to make sense of it all. Then I agree with you, I'm very convoluted.

(11-30-2017, 09:56 PM)Fauxy Wrote: EDIT: Multiplier is just to dark dragon but extend is given for more colors. Why? What?

That's because I screwed up  Confused . The multiplier is for all dragons...><

(11-30-2017, 10:23 PM)agnesi Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 09:56 PM)Fauxy Wrote: EDIT: Multiplier is just to dark dragon but extend is given for more colors. Why? What?

That's because I screwed up  Confused . The multiplier is for all dragons...><

LOL I thought it was originally all dragons then you changed it to dark. It's okay. Thank you again for your hard work translating.

Ghroth's original teaser had him at CD 8, lol. Guess that was MH's typo and they ninja edited it.

Azathoth's 1.6x for 10 dark runes isn't initial dissolve so really you just need >5 initial combos for the leader/ally column drop.
It doesn't seem like you need normal converters at all.