Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis [14.3] + Leader Tier list 15-01-2018
The biweekly card is really niche, but it would really counter a stage with weakened runes, as it provides a damage boost and provides enchanted earth runes. While NVR Belle is better, it has twice the CD.

lul calm down, my only point defending the card is that 5* achievements are a thing in this game, other than that, yeah I can agree with all your comments about categorizing as subpar and not recommended at all. I should update with comments about it.

I'm not trying to be the guy who knows everything, I'm just trying to be a source of reference for a side of the game that doesn't have much guides and youtubers, if you think that chinese youtubers and forums like bahamut/gnn are more efficient and trust worthy, then you can go there, but the rest of the players on the English version that can't understand a single word of chinese like me have to stay struggling with a community that can't even provide analysis of cards on every new patch on a game that have tons of contents on permanent expansion.

(12-12-2017, 01:18 PM)Oriceles Wrote: lul calm down, my only point defending the card is that 5* achievements are a thing in this game, other than that, yeah I can agree with all your comments about categorizing as subpar and not recommended at all. I should update with comments about it.

I'm not trying to be the guy who knows everything, I'm just trying to be a source of reference for a side of the game that doesn't have much guides and youtubers, if you think that chinese youtubers and forums like bahamut/gnn are more efficient and trust worthy, then you can go there, but the rest of the players on the English version that can't understand a single word of chinese like me have to stay struggling with a community that can't even provide analysis of cards on every new patch on a game that have tons of contents on permanent expansion.

At what point do I not sound calm lol? Being able to explain my point doesn't mean I'm not calm.

I don't understand any Chinese either. But I don't need to to offer criticism on your analysis. We're all trying to provide resources for people who are playing the game, but you're the one who's made this thread with like 50 reactions on the FB group and probably more views. You've positioned yourself as an authority, whether you intended to or not, so I think it's fair to question your analyses, that's part of the process of having more reliable bodies of knowledge, peer review.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
[Image: 30wo8di.jpg]
Memes are for FB. On forums we only have Siri's anal ISIS.
The thing about criticism is how it's done. Particularly in this thread, it has shifted from "I disagree because..." to "you're wrong because..." and finally to "you're not doing it right".

As Oriceles pointed out, there's no card analyses for players who don't speak Chinese. I'd rather have several threads expressing different reviews on the cards of each patch, than having heavily opinionated people discouraging the one person taking the time in doing the analyses from keep doing them. Particularly when said people won't take the time to make their own threads. So please, keep the criticism constructive.

As a final note, peer review is awesome in theory. In practise is totally flawed, since most reviewers and many editors are biased by A LOT of subjective factors (do I like how this research is done? does it interfere with the research of anyone I know so I can push it back to benefit my friends? is it from a friend of mine? do I have a grudge with the author? does it cite me enough? and so on).
(12-12-2017, 07:02 PM)Symrustar Wrote: The thing about criticism is how it's done. Particularly in this thread, it has shifted from "I disagree because..." to "you're wrong because..." and finally to "you're not doing it right".

As Oriceles pointed out, there's no card analyses for players who don't speak Chinese. I'd rather have several threads expressing different reviews on the cards of each patch, than having heavily opinionated people discouraging the one person taking the time in doing the analyses from keep doing them. Particularly when said people won't take the time to make their own threads. So please, keep the criticism constructive.

As a final note, peer review is awesome in theory. In practise is totally flawed, since most reviewers and many editors are biased by A LOT of subjective factors (do I like how this research is done? does it interfere with the research of anyone I know so I can push it back to benefit my friends? is it from a friend of mine? do I have a grudge with the author? does it cite me enough? and so on).

I dunno that I agree with lots of threads. People already get confused looking at this forum and reading old outdated guides, when I started around a year ago I used Joaqs' old reroll guide as a start and thought I could get away with Artemis as a leader for a while before realizing how bad she is. If we saw more modwork and didn't have years old stickies, I might agree but eh.

I wanted to start a thread actually, but I thought since this and the teambuild came out in quick succession, it's just kinda petty to make another thread with competing views. I mean, imagine feeling so aggrieved by this tier list that you made your own. There's no point right? It's not gonna be any more accurate, and I'm not any better a player than Oriceles or a more reliable source. So I'd rather support this one, and I think offering alternative takes within is supporting it.

I agree maybe I'm overstepping by reading into his wording, or asking him to consider his responsibility as someone who is (intentionally or unintentionally) a major source, but I don't think I've been rude or unconstructive at all. He's considered the comments from FB, which are much more disparaging from what I saw, so I think he's a big boy who can take it if I question his standards in regards to being positive about a card probably no one will use.

Peer review is flawed, but no review is even worse. To presume those subjective factors are the sole reasons for negative review negates the possibility of valid criticism being heard, and the possibility of improvement.
Heya Oriceles, thanks for the work, on fire mono you forgot Agnesi Fusion, the amel 4 direct damage active boosts her to x4, and since it is a fusion it is like x8 of a common card, so Kyo-Fthaggua-Agnesi = x4x(x9+x1+x8) Big Grin ... impractical for most stages but talk about fun!
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
just bring arigato back pls
(12-12-2017, 09:30 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Heya Oriceles, thanks for the work, on fire mono you forgot Agnesi Fusion, the amel 4 direct damage active boosts her to x4, and since it is a fusion it is like x8 of a common card, so Kyo-Fthaggua-Agnesi = x4x(x9+x1+x8) Big Grin ... impractical for most stages but talk about fun!

Cyborgs 4x is quite nice actually, the problem with most fusion cards is that their second skill are unreliable or situational. But yeah, it might be good to use it as a meme, also Agnesi leader can take Fthaggua as a filler lol.