Tower of Saviors Forum
What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Printable Version

+- Tower of Saviors Forum (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Tower of Saviors (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-Tower-of-Saviors)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? (/Thread-What-other-TOS-content-would-you-like-to-see-on-the-forums)

Pages: 1 2

What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - aahlsy - 02-09-2018

The oldies here will remember that discussion used to be a lot more active, and as a moderator team we would certainly like to help to bring back that feeling. 

We currently have TOS content on a variety of areas such as metagame discussion (with our shiny new subforum!), team building, DSI's, videos and general guides. So my question is - what other content would you like to see being provided on the forums? If you have any tips on what we can do better as a userbase, please share!

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Oriceles - 02-09-2018

- An index thread of Youtubers, preferably English, small ones are okey.
- An index with links to all other communities like Facebook groups, discords, whatsapp/line, guild pages, fan pages (I can work on this).
- Share your experience threads (this is more of community manager mindset) things like: share your highest damage, most frustrating experience, lucky skydrop, best unexpected draw, things you want to see returning etc.

Second time I mention this as tip for the mods: if you see a discussion drifting ask the members to open a new thread about the subject or move the posts from that topic to a new one, that way you increase the amount of threads and active discussions at the time.

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - aahlsy - 02-10-2018

The Youtubers idea makes sense; I'm happy to start compiling a list. I think it makes sense to cross both English and Chinese though - there's a lot of value in seeing varying team comps and spinning skill, even if you can't necessarily understand what is being said.

Share your experience sounds more like something which would just fit in "general discussion" as opposed to specific content being created to help inform the community.

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - VVB - 02-10-2018

More info for event that usually happened in FB and their official website.
even a small event that give out baby harpy. Big Grin

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Mojojojo - 02-10-2018

(02-09-2018, 10:19 PM)aahlsy Wrote: The oldies here will remember that discussion used to be a lot more active, and as a moderator team we would certainly like to help to bring back that feeling!

As oldies here, I want to see topic in DSI for current events.

We have only SM stages now while I cant find the stage details of guild wars and bi weekly.

Another thing, we can fill more "informal" topic on general discussion.
Current general discussion has less new topic but become a complete on topic per patch. This discourage many ppl to set new topic since the content is far more less than other topic on the first page.  

If agree I can start some new kindda stupid question topic Big Grin

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Durumana - 02-11-2018

Reviving the DSI threads of that week's SM or other new stages will help. Right now there's more information on the wiki than the forum (the comments on the wiki).

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Dominus - 02-12-2018

Really love the idea of the Youtubers and echo the DSI thing - it would be amazing if more people posted some of the obscure teams they see Youtubers use to beat the current SM/NM content. All too often it's just current meta teams or the ones for the achievements...the latter is excellent don't get me wrong, but as someone who isn't actually great at the game, seeing some of the non-meta solutions is often really helpful. If we could consolidate a few more links to videos, without it being a total dupe fest (i.e. 3 videos of slightly different azaloth teams beating a SM) it could be really good.

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - aahlsy - 02-12-2018

Fair point about non-achievement teams. I'll try to add those more regularly - at least for the new stages.

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Sayokyoku - 02-12-2018

I understand where you guys are coming from regarding posting non-meta teams in DSI, since I used to do them as I was expanding my inventory. However, I feel like it's important to point out a few things.

For one, I personally look for the safest and most reliable way to clear SMs. Back when Paladins were my best team, that was what I posted about. When PR Wukong was OP, I was farming every SM with him because he was safe and reliable, even though he was three million times slower than everything else. Nowadays, if someone clears something with dual OVR Greeks and I happen to have that Greek team, I will use that, although I won't post about it. If I make changes to the team members, I will post about it, even though having the right leader is more than half the battle. Occasionally, if I manage a clear with PR Yidhra-Atlantis or something less premium, I'll post about it, but no promises that'll happen often.

For another, there's a reason why it's called an SM and costs 50 Stamina. The stages are designed to see how good a player is at spinning and also how deep their inventory is. Yeah, off-meta teams probably exist, but the first two Achievements usually give you a pretty good idea of the team(s) that will have an easier time. Sometimes, there's nothing that can be done for you and you just have to say no to the SM. I had to do it for Shyplant, despite knowing how good she is.

I will, however, make an effort to bring back DSIs about biweeklies, since some of the biweekly stages are getting ridiculous in terms of enemy abilities (I'm looking at you, three-ability Yale with four-ability mini-boss...).

I also don't mind a Share Your Experiences section, since it sounds like a nice place to chillax and the Seal Card Draws forum will fit nicely in there.

EDIT: Here are some big-name YouTubers from the Chinese server that I follow. They might sometimes post about clears with off-meta/lower-tier/sub-optimal teams for a challenge, so check them out if you want.

RE: What other TOS content would you like to see on the forums? - Akanto - 02-13-2018

Resurrect Ixi and Arigato and Blitz.

On a serious note, now that we have 3 FB groups, a discord and this forum, I think its hard to get the old activity in here, because the sources to draw from are much more diverse. It used to be that players came here to ask for advice, now they spam fb with 10+ posts a day if x y or z (ofc only the recent rares) are good.
So the given points aside, I think there is not much you could do. Its a nice forum.

EDIT: before this blows up in my face, I do like all mods equally, ok? I just miss some of the old ones.