Tower of Saviors Forum
Diamonds - Printable Version

+- Tower of Saviors Forum (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Tower of Saviors (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-Tower-of-Saviors)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Diamonds (/Thread-Diamonds--25553)

Pages: 1 2

Diamonds - ProfessionalNoob - 11-18-2017

Whenever a new special seal comes out, how many diamonds should I spend before stopping? Everytime a new seal comes out, I have the bad habit of spending it all, so I don't have any left...

RE: Diamonds - put1572 - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 10:42 PM)ProfessionalNoob Wrote: Whenever a new special seal comes out, how many diamonds should I spend before stopping? Everytime a new seal comes out, I have the bad habit of spending it all, so I don't have any left...

Tough question, and really something you should find the answer to for yourself, but i'd say a general rule of thumb whenever a new seal comes out is to first analyze the cards in the series, hold off the drawing or draw only very few until the rate up comes so you have enough data to see whether it's worth splurging on a particular seal or not (especially for f2p players and very light spenders). 

It also helps to check for upcoming events from various sources to see if they require diamonds, the upcoming black card seal next week, or an sm featuring a good card that you'd want to farm, for example. At the end it still boils down to habit and self-control though. 

RE: Diamonds - jtsmith - 11-19-2017

When a new seal comes out, u should post in the correct subforum. Then when another seal comes out, make sure u post in the correct subforum regardless if you are profressional or not.

You get nothing for stocking diamonds. No interest, do not pass go, do not take a cookie. So basically stocking diamonds are a missed opportunity at a good card. Now wasting hundreds of diamonds on some crap card at no bonus time is a bad gamble but u should weigh that urself.

Also if u run out of diamonds for revive, farming or the next bonus draw time, that is on u also.

RE: Diamonds - spacelion - 11-19-2017

Depends.

F2P normally wait until something good comes out, then you draw. But in the case of Elfish Perennials, some people are peeved that they spent diamonds to draw for Cornflower and then Atlantis comes out. So the best thing to do is hold diamonds and save until you have like 200+ , then burn it all on a good Black card draw.

RE: Diamonds - Symrustar - 11-19-2017

Hi! Long post incoming,

Like others said, it depends on how much you spend, which determines your diamond income. However, you should also factor in your own preferences regarding team colours, art, and so on.

After a year playing this game, I've got MY diamond spending figured out, at least for the month-and-a-half updates with new series:

- diamond income: light/moderate spender. I only spend cash on the Monthly Gift Pack. Thus, for each patch, the amount of diamonds I get equals:
         40 gift pack + 6 x 5 weekly reward + 6 x 5 arena reward* = 100 diamonds
    I don't factor in diamond rewards for completing stages and achievements. Those are just bonus diamonds for each patch.
    Regarding arena, the * denotes that I reach Legend every week (except the first week), but I don't care at all about the particular rank, so 5 is the minimum per week.

- personal factors: I'm a collector at heart, so I don't mind throwing some diamonds at a stage if that gets me a new card that my terrible spinning skills won't get me.
    Also, I prefer water, dragon and beast teams, so I usually spend more diamonds trying to get those cards. Sometimes just for collection's sake.

Thus, factoring in revives, energy refills, inventory expansion and such, I can throw about 70 - 80 diamonds to each new series. Then, in each particular series, I only draw on the rate up day with a set of goals in mind: (1) getting the water/beast/dragon rare if any; (2) getting all commons; (3) keep spending within budget for the other rares if they're good according to the community. For instance, I only did 11 draws (55 diamonds) on the rate up for Elvish Perennials, since I got Rose, Cornflower and all the commons.

I hope this helps you figure out your own spending.

All that being said, however, I don't know what to do with Atlantis. It's a water black card, so I want it bad, but that would screw my budget for the following patch and... what if it is a full dragon series? Decisions, decisions...

Best,

Sym

RE: Diamonds - jtsmith - 11-20-2017

(11-19-2017, 07:49 PM)spacelion Wrote: Depends.

F2P normally wait until something good comes out, then you draw. But in the case of Elfish Perennials, some people are peeved that they spent diamonds to draw for Cornflower and then Atlantis comes out. So the best thing to do is hold diamonds and save until you have like 200+ , then burn it all on a good Black card draw.

What do u do when u spend 200+ diamonds and u dont get the black card?  Btw, this happened to me.

It's no guarentee u get a cornflower like card with 200 diamonds either, but during rate up ur chances are much higher.

Going for the new black card while not drawing during rate up is putting all ur eggs in one basket.

There will be plenty of stages where u cant use atlantis,  ie earth stages, so i would not save everything for a single card.

RE: Diamonds - Max_LKC - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 02:20 AM)jtsmith Wrote:

What do u do when u spend 200+ diamonds and u dont get the black card?  Btw, this happened to me.

It's no guarentee u get a cornflower like card with 200 diamonds either, but during rate up ur chances are much higher.

Going for the new black card while not drawing during rate up is putting all ur eggs in one basket.

There will be plenty of stages where u cant use atlantis,  ie earth stages, so i would not save everything for a single card.

Which black card did you spend 200 dimes on and did not get? Because everyone seems to say you are guaranteed a black card in 200 dimes (usual luck is 150 dimes) but you need to draw consecutively.

RE: Diamonds - jtsmith - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 02:28 AM)Max_LKC Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 02:20 AM)jtsmith Wrote:

Which black card did you spend 200 dimes on and did not get? Because everyone seems to say you are guaranteed a black card in 200 dimes (usual luck is 150 dimes) but you need to draw consecutively.

Water and fire Yan xi.

RE: Diamonds - Revdarian - 11-20-2017

At that time there was no "pity counter" meaning that what happened to you could happen a hell of a lot of times, since then black card events do seem to have said pity counter that guarantees you 1 black card after x expenditure, problem is that it can be the same that you already had ;p

Edit:
Even with a semi guaranteed black card I do agree wholeheartedly with your logic, if you have holes in your teams /utilities then going for a black card ignoring seals along the way is a recipe for pain. 

RE: Diamonds - emailtim - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 03:03 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Even with a semi guaranteed black card I do agree wholeheartedly with your logic, if you have holes in your teams /utilities then going for a black card ignoring seals along the way is a recipe for pain. 

While they are not all necessarily in the Meta most of the good cards are in the diamond seal. I don't think that saving and then spending all your diamonds on trying to get a black card is ever a bad thing because the "missed" draws are still going to be diamond seal cards which are good for many teams/utilities.

The latest seal will make it easier to pass the newest challenges but as long as you are not set on beating each Soulmaster on its first incarnation then I don't think drawing from the newest seal is all that necessary.

That being said if you don't have a team that can at least pass the bi-weeklies then I wouldn't be saving up my diamonds. I would draw from the new seals.