Tower of Saviors Forum
May Lily Discussion - Printable Version

+- Tower of Saviors Forum (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Tower of Saviors (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-Tower-of-Saviors)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: May Lily Discussion (/Thread-May-Lily-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2

May Lily Discussion - thanyou - 11-06-2017

Anybody done any messing around with 2x May Lily teams in the 2nd and 5th member position? I've been using it to grind the SM today and its great but I've only been doing the base spin of:

Board Setup after 2 May Lilies:

XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

Easy spin for 9 combos (combo wastage by default if using in Sakura but still very effective)

XXX000
000XXX
XXX000
000XXX
XXXXXX

What else, if anything have you all been doing?

RE: May Lily Discussion - jtsmith - 11-06-2017

Prob is that is not 9 combos its only 8.

I only use one may lily at a time unless i would need more combos.  If u have cornflower then u can get combos from cornflower active without activating two lily.

If u consider cornflower or rose.  1 May lily active satisfies the leader skills of both as long as u can spin whats leftover on the other side.  This equates 3 or 4 combos which should be easy barring some debuff.

Finally may lily should always be in the 2nd or 5th team position for obvious easier spinning.  Any other space and u are giving urself a hard time.

RE: May Lily Discussion - jtsmith - 11-06-2017

U can stack with may lily active in a cornflower team and get the dmg reduction.  Spin the active to stack the water runes.

WWWFEL
HHHLEF
WWWDHE
HHHDLE
WWWHHE

spin to:

WWFWLE
HHWFLE
WWHDLE
HHWDHE
WWHHHE

I think i did that right and dont get on my case about the junk runes.  You wont get the x5 bonus but u will get the hearts, dmg reduction and some kind of attk from it.  I wish these elves had time extension.

RE: May Lily Discussion - thanyou - 11-06-2017

That's all fair analysis, but the reason to use 2 Water Lilies specifically is for the "board clear"-esq specifically for rounds 2 and 5 for Sengo's SM stage. I sadly don't have Cornflower which would be where May Lily could be the most useful, but I see the effectiveness for sure.

The biggest question in this thread was just how people have been spinning May Lily's active in general. I will definitely be playing around with it to see what it works best with though.

RE: May Lily Discussion - Fauxy - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 11:13 AM)jtsmith Wrote: Prob is that is not 9 combos its only 8.

It's 9+ combos because you're guaranteed at least one more from skydrop in Rose and more than that in Sakura. Edit: NVM Rose. I just realized the bottom row will always touch one of the rows above. Double Edit: I haven't haven't had coffee I'm so sorry. Rose is 9 combos isn't it? Because it's already 8. Ahhh. FML.

But I agree. There's no need to have two May Lilies. Just do one and then spin the other half of the board as best you can. Two cards for a full board convert is a lot of inefficiency, I'd rather just have one and a booster if damage was the issue. If combos, then Cornflower is better. But not everyone is lucky to have him. But then there's a lot of other cards that can clear marked runes for elves: Yao Hou, Morgana Le Fay, PR Yidhra, Nyx (I think? Her active confuses me), Diablo. May Lily shouldn't be a go-to for dealing with this problem.

RE: May Lily Discussion - jtsmith - 11-07-2017

(11-06-2017, 04:00 PM)Fauxy Wrote:

It's 9+ combos because you're guaranteed at least one more from skydrop in Rose and more than that in Sakura. ...

The original post said nothing about rose and if u can predict the number of sakura drops then ill buy u a beer.

For cornflower which is the same color as may lily and needs at least one other perrenial for tumbler, i stand by my 8 combos.

RE: May Lily Discussion - Fauxy - 11-07-2017

(11-07-2017, 10:43 AM)jtsmith Wrote:

It's 9+ combos because you're guaranteed at least one more from skydrop in Rose and more than that in Sakura. ...

The original post said nothing about rose and if u can predict the number of sakura drops then ill buy u a beer.

For cornflower which is the same color as may lily and needs at least one other perrenial for tumbler, i stand by my 8 combos.

It doesn't mention Cornflower either and OP says they don't have him, so he's not any more or less relevant than Rose. 8 Combos for two May Lilies, which you said you don't use and I wouldn't use either.

I mean, you use CF's active and then two May Lilies, you can get 16 combos? That's okay. Doesn't clear 20 combo shield, and there are probably more efficient ways to burst, but it's one way of doing things. I'm not that good at spinning, so maybe there's a set path that maximizes combos like with Izanagi or the Revolutionary Heroes swastika boards. I think OP must be wondering the same thing.

RE: May Lily Discussion - johnnyTOS - 11-07-2017

When using 2x May Lily to fully convert the board, the ratio of runes is the same as Rococo's/Yocto's full board convert, so here is a 9 combo spin based of the final board position of one of Rococo's/Yocto's common spin paths.

http://serizawa.web5.jp/puzzdra_theory_maker/index.html?layout=222222555555222222555555222222&route=08,146444664631336314111&ctwMode=false

Note that sky drops can interfere with the combos leaving you with less than 9 combos occasionally.

RE: May Lily Discussion - jtsmith - 11-08-2017

(11-07-2017, 02:26 PM)Fauxy Wrote:

It doesn't mention Cornflower either and OP says they don't have him, so he's not any more or less relevant than Rose. 8 Combos for two May Lilies, which you said you don't use and I wouldn't use either.

I mean, you use CF's active and then two May Lilies, you can get 16 combos? That's okay. Doesn't clear 20 combo shield, and there are probably more efficient ways to burst, but it's one way of doing things. I'm not that good at spinning, so maybe there's a set path that maximizes combos like with Izanagi or the Revolutionary Heroes swastika boards. I think OP must be wondering the same thing.

cornflower is no different than any other generic elf such as diablo, andromedea, or shuta.  Not everyone has rose but probably everyone has at least one of these.

Even using the 3 stage drop that johnnytos shows can still net you less than 9 combos if two of them connect reducing it to 7 combos.  I think that the min is 7, I did not run it.  Its quite uncommon to see but can happen.  Note when doing the swastika you will not get 10 combos with rose because it does not dissolve a full row on the initial dissolve.

However you see it is fine, but based on what the op said, it is max 8 initial combos not 9.

RE: May Lily Discussion - Fauxy - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 03:09 AM)jtsmith Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 02:26 PM)Fauxy Wrote:

cornflower is no different than any other generic elf such as diablo, andromedea, or shuta.  Not everyone has rose but probably everyone has at least one of these.

Even using the 3 stage drop that johnnytos shows can still net you less than 9 combos if two of them connect reducing it to 7 combos.  I think that the min is 7, I did not run it.  Its quite uncommon to see but can happen.  Note when doing the swastika you will not get 10 combos with rose because it does not dissolve a full row on the initial dissolve.

However you see it is fine, but based on what the op said, it is max 8 initial combos not 9.

Where did using swastikas with Rose come from lol? I never suggested that. She's not Sakura, there's no reason to run anything but elves with her, I think. I was speaking thinking the only three teams you'd run May Lily for are CF, Rose, or Sakura. You're right though, those other teams can have him too.

I already said 8 for two May Lilies, so IDK what you're trying to say by bringing Rose's drops with a swastika board into it. I was just mentioning that as an example of stuff OP might be looking for. I thought we were talking about the potential of the two May Lily board.