Tower of Saviors Forum
Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Printable Version

+- Tower of Saviors Forum (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Tower of Saviors (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-Tower-of-Saviors)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? (/Thread-Elvish-Perrenials-first-impressions)

Pages: 1 2 3

Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Byakugan - 10-26-2017

How are these guys working out sofar for people? 

I did the intro missions to test them out and they all seemed pretty strong...Sakura did a lot more combos, while cornflower team was hitting ridiculously hard.  The rose team seemed the least interesting to me...possibly because its multi-colored and not as interesting as the mono teams.

I've drawn everything but Cornflower, and am wondering if I should invest the diamonds on rare up day for him or not?

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - spacelion - 10-26-2017

But both Rose and Sakura are multi coloured teams, only Cornflower was mono.

Sakura + Gemini allows you to hit max multiplier within the first 2-3 rounds.

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Fauxy - 10-27-2017

This might want to wait til the rare up day, not everyone does 20 draws as soon as the seal drops. All I have to go on is the intro missions and vids I've seen.

Cornflower seems really strong. He definitely seems like the big jackpot, I want him for sure. I am concerned about him not offering any spin help, because that was one of people's main complaints about Su Huan Jen. The multiplier is so high though. He does get some interesting defensive playstyle though, with the -57.5% damage if you don't dissolve water. Fast converters seem necessary for him, so I'm regretting not getting a dupe of Shuta. Hoping we get another water elf convert from biweekly or something. Of course everyone else is going to run him with Swegde and Cass, but I don't have either of those so lucky me, I get to play the team as intended.

I think Rose is pretty good. The spinning is complicated, but you don't need a perfect five rows every time to clock some massive damage. If you take advantage of the rows not needing to be all the same color (3+3 is fine, as is two columns attached to a line of four), it's not that bad. Of all the hearts based teams (Diablo, Diaochian, Chang'e and Changxi) she seems like the best I've seen. I also think that of all three teams, she's going to benefit the most from Shyplant, who is basically like a free Medea with -50% damage received instead of -50% recovery. She gives Daji a team to belong to again, so that should make some oldschool players... happy? Maybe?

At first I thought Sakura was a weird downmarket Dipankara then I saw the skydrops and I thought, oh, upmarket Dipankara, but then I found myself not killing the mobs in the test stage in one spin and actually running out of burst (which I did not with the other two), so I went back to my first assessment. People are going through a lot to make her work though. Pollux, Khaos, Circe, all these weird member setups. I'm not too into it. Just seems like an unsustainable prospect, but I might be wrong, who knows.

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - vespher - 10-27-2017

Sakura, I easily did huge combos but the damage wasn't there as with other teams in intro stage. It all works as it should, but dmg compare to other 2 rares is off a bit.

I'll do friday draws and post more if I make a functioning team.

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Revdarian - 10-27-2017

Sakura's massive healing would also benefit from shyplant, so it would be Paperwhite, Smoking Mirror, Shyplant and Andromeda if you want some damage with Sakura apparently. That would be around 40x multiplier +andromeda+ heart/fire rune skydrops... honestly i can see this being low dmg for the ammount of cards but on the other hand this is the most survivable team of them all with low spinning requirement to trigger the skydrops Tongue...

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Zero - 10-27-2017

I thought the same as fauxy, even if I personally want rose... i am thinking to run sakura in some team after the red rev heroes to absorb swastika (if i found her). Ive planned to draw on friday up too

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Sayokyoku - 10-28-2017

(10-27-2017, 12:09 AM)Fauxy Wrote: This might want to wait til the rare up day, not everyone does 20 draws as soon as the seal drops. All I have to go on is the intro missions and vids I've seen.

Cornflower seems really strong. He definitely seems like the big jackpot, I want him for sure. I am concerned about him not offering any spin help, because that was one of people's main complaints about Su Huan Jen. The multiplier is so high though. He does get some interesting defensive playstyle though, with the -57.5% damage if you don't dissolve water. Fast converters seem necessary for him, so I'm regretting not getting a dupe of Shuta. Hoping we get another water elf convert from biweekly or something. Of course everyone else is going to run him with Swegde and Cass, but I don't have either of those so lucky me, I get to play the team as intended.

I think Rose is pretty good. The spinning is complicated, but you don't need a perfect five rows every time to clock some massive damage. If you take advantage of the rows not needing to be all the same color (3+3 is fine, as is two columns attached to a line of four), it's not that bad. Of all the hearts based teams (Diablo, Diaochian, Chang'e and Changxi) she seems like the best I've seen. I also think that of all three teams, she's going to benefit the most from Shyplant, who is basically like a free Medea with -50% damage received instead of -50% recovery. She gives Daji a team to belong to again, so that should make some oldschool players... happy? Maybe?

At first I thought Sakura was a weird downmarket Dipankara then I saw the skydrops and I thought, oh, upmarket Dipankara, but then I found myself not killing the mobs in the test stage in one spin and actually running out of burst (which I did not with the other two), so I went back to my first assessment. People are going through a lot to make her work though. Pollux, Khaos, Circe, all these weird member setups. I'm not too into it. Just seems like an unsustainable prospect, but I might be wrong, who knows.

If the re-release of Diao Chan means anything, Shuta might get rotated back in as an Arena reward.

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Fauxy - 10-28-2017

(10-28-2017, 12:33 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 12:09 AM)Fauxy Wrote: This might want to wait til the rare up day, not everyone does 20 draws as soon as the seal drops. All I have to go on is the intro missions and vids I've seen.

If the re-release of Diao Chan means anything, Shuta might get rotated back in as an Arena reward.
Yeah, but it's gonna take a while lol. At least four more patches, presuming we get an old Arena card every new patch.

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Sayokyoku - 10-28-2017

(10-28-2017, 01:08 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:33 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote:

Yeah, but it's gonna take a while lol. At least four more patches, presuming we get an old Arena card every new patch.

Definitely, and it's possible that Shuta might become obsolete by the time he rolls back in.

But hey, at least he's there. XD

RE: Elvish Perrenials first impressions? - Fauxy - 10-28-2017

(10-28-2017, 01:32 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote: Definitely, and it's possible that Shuta might become obsolete by the time he rolls back in.

But hey, at least he's there. XD

I hope not. I love his card artwork lol. That they used him to demo Hercules and Cornflower gives me hope that he has some staying power at least in terms of future card synergy even if they never give him Ame/PR.