Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: How to use Novalis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a certain Nitecat recommends that I use Novalis because of the fact I have a Dark Gargoyle Golem. Trouble is I can't seem to get enough dark runes to appear to fuel Novalis's attack. Any idea on how I can use him effectively?
Use it only for final strike ! (boss only)

You can use him also for emergency recovery.
(11-04-2013, 09:13 PM)Ultrapyre Wrote: [ -> ]So a certain Nitecat recommends that I use Novalis because of the fact I have a Dark Gargoyle Golem. Trouble is I can't seem to get enough dark runes to appear to fuel Novalis's attack. Any idea on how I can use him effectively?

Novalis is overpowered when combined with water DS. Novalis takes everyones attack as his own for a very large attack then water DS makes every attack the same amount. As having enough dark gems can be hard to sustain, only use him on boss' or with two Artemis leads. My lineup is water ds lead (for two turns of team nuke), fire ed (to convert green to heart), light ds (convert heart to light), dark golem (convert light to dark), dark ds (nuke).
Wow... I never thought of that. Shame I have to make do with what cards I have because F2P :C
Honestly, I never liked using Novalis. Only during the final boss will I activate her (not even for sub bosses), and only if paired with Ursula (water DS). I've personally managed to hit up to 700k dmg x 6 dragons.

Given the high CD (minimum is 10), activating her for anything other than the final boss will leave you in danger to other mobs and survival will depend on the CD of your converters.

It's not completely bad though. Assume your converter's cd are all maxed (CD 5), activating all your converters (to dark) will give you a board of dark runes for about 2 turns (if you manage your dissolving properly), leaving you with 3 turns based on luck. Clearing your board of everything except dark during turn 3 should give enough runes for turn 4. This means you will only be vulnerable for 2 turns out of 5, in exchange for a high attack and good healing in between.

But still activating Novalis is a no-no for me until I am sure I can nuke kill the last boss. I activated her during Diablo SM boss stage and got raped pretty hard (could not kill him during the nuke and spent the next turn flopping around)

If you do find yourself fighting a losing battle against a sub boss, consider either activating your converters or Ursula or do both. Novalis only when the sub boss is extremely unfriendly and there is an easy stage (soul stone) following the sub boss.
Ummm.... So can I Novalis to mono dark? Novalis' attack is added to all other mono dark cards? Have I got this right?
No. Novalis adds dragon attack to his own, not dark attack. Remember that dragons are very very racist. None of the DS besides the converters (light and fire) belong on any mono coloured deck.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk