Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Oriceles Meta Analysis «17.1»: Tears of Beauty + Tier List 24-4-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1-3.jpg]

Introduction

Welcome to a late iteration of the Meta Analysis series of threads, this one took a bit more of time to be posted for personal reasons. For this version, we land on a scenario where Gods are recovering their strength thanks to SR Norse Gods potential. In this version, I think we are continuing what started back on Yu Yu Hakusho patch which consists of more Demons and Elves that can advance over the 10th seal easily, also Madhead decided to expand some other recently released teams like Tang Sanzang and bring back the attention of some old members.

Notes for 3/4/2019 update I will not be adding sample teams and such yet.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Should I draw here if I don't have Ying Zheng?
A: Personally I think this seal is totally something else, sure some of the cards are awesome to use with him, but not something that depends from him at all, also the main focus around the seal and event cards seems more around building Even identity despite Ying Zheng predominance. Overall all the common members are worth to get this time, and yes you should still draw for them.
Q: Is there any card from the previous series I should have for this one?
A: Metagaming is still present here, the series is pretty much covered within its own but as usual, it never hurts to slot Ghroth, Shyplant or Ubume if you are able to.
Q: I don't have many demon and elves to begin with... Should I still go for it?
A: Absolutely you should take the chance to expand your member pool, also some old cards of those races are returning on this patch so you should take the opportunity to expand if you don't have them already.
Q: It's not better to save for collaboration events instead?
A: this is complicated to answer because it is likely that you already skipped the Gifted Scientists series waiting for collaboration, which means you already should have about enough members and could take the chance to draw on this seal, at least for the common cards. The rest is answered in the next question.
Q: Are the rare cards and jackpot any good?, should I whale for Eve?
A: personally I feel that there is nothing really over the top here and that this patch expands upon the currently existing content rather than bringing something that you must obtain. Unlike the Gifted Scientists series where most players were actually in need of Machina Leaders, a lot of players already possess demon leaders from Yu Yu Hakusho, Ying Zheng, and Illuminated Savant, so Cleo and Wu Zetian might feel like something good for Arena and Coliseum score right now but not to be lived later on. Eve, on the other hand, is far more notorious and prominent, I think she should have been released before Ying Zheng, she is amazing on every aspect, really powerful and versatile, the only thing I really dislike from her is that she is locked to be leader and there is no way around it other than going meme with multiple Eve members, this is mostly to balance how broken the CD3 active skills would be if paired as member for Ying Zheng. So, if you don't have Ying Zheng and want a leader comparable strong but sadly locked she could be your next option. If you decide to whale and chase for Eve Waifu, be sure to not miss Ouroboros and Bao Si as members.
Q: Is this seal meta defining?
A: It is not, this just expands upon current content, and meta is still the same since version 16.3 (probably even before), and from that point onwards we have been waiting for more challenging content to be released.

Tier List

As you may know already the tier list is no longer part of this series of threads but rather it is available as a different resource in Google Sheets, it will be updated every now and then with more comments about how to use every leader and listing the changes in the placements. If you want to support this job and many other threads I create feel free to donate to me via my Ko-Fi page, Paypal or Bitcoin wallet.

http://bit.ly/TOSTierList

Useful Links
# Patch notes: “Tower of Saviors” 17.1 Version Updates on “Tears of Beauty”
# Discord Server Invitation: https://discord.gg/DsvXa8e
# Newbies and Returning Players guide «16.2 update»

[Image: 2-3.jpg]

『Sinister Remains』 - 『Unearthly Charms』

In contrast to the previous series, the leaders are far easier to build because elves and demons can mainly be obtained via events rather than the Diamond seal. Most pros are making fun on how bad Cleopatra design is, bringing mixed tools of leaders which are pretty unpopular (Caocao + Shiva anyone?) and yet she is the budget option to be able to play Eve and that's about it. I wouldn't skip the common cards at all, and mainly if you want to survive the Arena you could play Yu Yu Hakusho leaders/Ying Zheng with the common cards and still land a decent score (reach legend/king for most EN players). 

Another important thing that I have to point out regarding this series is that they have a pretty extensive kit and you need to get familiar with all those tools, Eve and Wu Zetian sound easy on paper but you can mess up easily if you don't plan ahead, Cleopatra in the other hand is a bit more meme and can be dominated more easily despite the board hazards and tornado paranoia

The common cards team skill this time is quite interesting and adds a lot of value to them, constant additional damage on runestones thanks to the race conversion and easy way to keep conditions that ask for race runestones to be dissolved. The weird part is that the common cards are split among elves and demons, with elves being predominant despite that the 3 leaders being demons.

[Image: 60] Deceiving Motherhood - Li Ji: I find this one a bit questionable but the cooldown is fine for the tools she offers for a 2 round effect. Right now I think the leader that would benefit the most is Aqua, followed by Cleopatra who might need the unlimited movement on complex boards where her conditions are hard to achieve. In other notes, water attribute already has a lot of alternatives for unlimited movement of runestones but Li Ji brings damage boost to the mix with faster cooldown than Matthew and better effect than Kenshin.

[Image: 60] Origin of All Sins - Eve a.k.a. everyone's waifu/hot momma: I don't really feel like explaining the entire mechanics behind Eve or how to play her, please open a request for a dedicated thread for her if you want. I think we have never seen a meme team so efficient as full Eve team with that huge base attack addition, yet for real gameplay, you will want to maximize her by bringing more fire elves and fire demons to the team. She can nuke by her own and it is really fast and cost savvy on arena thanks to the fact that her skills are just 300 BP. 

Right now I could say she is the top tier damage leader after Ying Zheng, but overall she is race locked quite hard and still lack many tools that other cards on the A+ tier possess. the fact that they had to lock her to leader position puts her on an awkward place right now but this is nothing that would be reflected on actual gameplay but rather on a player point of view among the leader options we have right now. She is fun, powerful and durable, a strong card that is not broken and can survive pretty well on the current state of the game.

[Image: 60] Purely Sensual - Longyang Jun: To be honest this looks like tailored for Mesopotamia but she already got access to Lu Shun which is way better. On the current seal, it looks like something for Eve to survive when she is unable to. We are talking of a 1 turn shield with a complicated condition so you either build with this strategy already in mind or totally discard him of your options.

[Image: 60] Militant Heroine - Wu Zetian: She is being compared a lot with Daoloth, but she is quite more versatile because her team skill is designed to deal with puzzle shields more easily, yet if you don't keep that team skill in mind you can mess up really hard on other scenarios like quintet shield or combo trojan. Damage reduction makes her fair on survivability but not immortal and still vulnerable to the likes of ambush. The thing that attracts me the most of this card is that she got a 3 effect active skills (explode, time extension, and extra light attacks). I really don't see her surviving much after this patch but since she is so alike to Daoloth she might end up replacing him on leaderboard clear speeds, what I'm sure about is that she will stay relevant as a strong member choice for a long a while.

[Image: 60] Diva of Obsession - Cleo: at first sight, she looks underwhelming but she is designed on a different way to Eve with power that is not reflected at first sight but upon taking it to actual gameplay. I would really recommend you to read this thread posted by Joaqs days ago which really explain her strengths as dual-leader. Yet I still think that her best is to play her along with Eve.

[Image: 60] Mass Extermination - Bao Si: This card is super strong and really underestimated, it is obviously designed to favor Eve the most but Ying Zheng can do wonders with her as well because it is easy to convert the whole board to enchanted demon runestones with her along with launching extra attacks that ignore armor. Team skill also calls my attention for rainbow demon setups and allow the free usage of Patra outside of Illuminated Savant which also increases the total number of demon runestones converter per round to 6!.

[Image: 60] Suicidal Romance - Yang Yuhuan: Sadly demons didn't get their own stat removal but conditionally can use this elf or any other human remover if they are able to (think of Sensui, Florice, and Yukimura). The rest of the portions of her active skill can only be triggered in 3 different scenarios: 
  1. Frutties are being used as team members on a full elf team. 
  2. The enemy has a skill that turns the team recovery to zero. (Cassandra wouldn't work because she would clear the effect before the rest of the active skill takes place as far as I know).
  3. You are playing Tang Sanzang, which really needed something this good, but kinda clashes with the fact that he would be using the elf slot for Wang Zhaoju instead.
[Image: 60] Forbidden Masculinity - Mo Xi: PR SATAN TEASER ANYONE?!, really there is no natural way that other leader could benefit from this card unless you are also adding Xi to the mix. I like to see more continuous boosters, but this card is pretty simple on what she does and is only fair on cost thanks to the race conversion, other than that I don't feel is worth to use it unless... Satan Power Release happens. In that case, I will take my time to expand upon the usage of this card versus other existing dark cards that have been used there before.

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

Revolutionary Heroes - Power Release 』

[Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50] [Image: 50]
Oh boy, I was waiting for this update since July of 2018, they are the last series from the original Diamond Seal pool to receive their respective upgrade and with this, we end up the cycle and get ready to prepare the upgrades for limited time seal cards. The updated Revolutionary Heroes are shining not just because of how powerful their member kit got, they also received a budget leader skill set that is a bit better than Santa (good thing for newbies). The EP refill condition was hard and we were craving for it to get lowered since the collaboration cards started to show up with 3 runestones requirement for 1 point refill. Overall there is not a single one of them that I wouldn't recommend to the max, even Crescent who used to be the worst of the set got upgraded to finally be useful.

Based on their skills I want to recommend you to go for them in this order¹:

[Image: 60] [Image: 60] #1 Florice: I really like that she got a refund on her 2nd EP skill, I think that she got the best utility on the set and in most cases, you are likely to pick her over Pupuro. She might clash with traditional Atlantis setups but not so much with Aqua and Aria, SR Freyr might suffer as well because she will overwrite God runestones on switch, same goes for all cards of this series and SR Norse Gods.

[Image: 60] [Image: 60] #2 Morse: I think that time extension and time tunnel choices for the light attribute are a bit limited, but they are not required often, still good to have and you can use it with either Darkness, Tang Sangzan, and SR Thor.

[Image: 60] [Image: 60] #3 Crescent: I know that right now she might be a bit redundant because Earth leaders are well rounded on damage and historically she has been the worse out of this set, but now that self-damage boost and straight healing got added to her kit I think it will be good to consider her as flexible choice.

[Image: 60] [Image: 60] #4 Rococo: right now fire mono is still being dominated by Pompeii and Natsu, and I think that both of them doesn't really need her, also Yunyun is more popular as fast converter so that is why Rococo has been out of the members pool for a while, but now that her EP skills are way faster and that PR Chessia is still something possible on this patch I wouldn't miss Rococo utility.

[Image: 60] [Image: 60] #5 Yocto: there are plenty other things you will want to add on your Ying Zheng or SR Loki so PR Yocto doesn't seem to be an important choice right now, yet I would take him for scenarios where the enemy can either mask my whole board or convert away my dark runestones to his own type. Same as Rococo, if PR Satan gets to be a thing it will be likely that we will need fast converters again.

1: this order might change based on your resources and team priorities.

[Image: 1-2.jpg]

[Image: 60] Chalice of Eternity - Aria: Black Card out of freaking nowhere?!, yeah, just before collab hits so you guys go ahead and break your savings before Seiya hits and you have to spend more money!. But who cares? her big boobs are aesthetically pleasant. 

Now on real talk about her, there are heavy comments saying she is disappointing in many ways, personally I find her as S tier right now and she is meant to coexist with Ying Zheng, not to overwrite him, many of the tests I've seen are just damage test and flexibility builds which is her actual strength. Her kit allows her to build with either water mono (any race) or humans (of any attribute) so she can abuse ALL the crazy utilities like Aloha, Gon, Yusuke, Atlantis, Megumin, Kurapika, and many more. Sure Lucy can do half of that too, but she is a collaboration card that will not return and is have big problems the pros and cons of her column conversions. If you guys just think about using 4 enchantress members you are obviously going to feel disappointed because we are on a scenario in the game where the damage doesn't matter that much, but rather how you manage to fit quick utility that can help to solve the stage problems and still being able to keep high damage.

I can't whale for her because third world economy doesn't allow me to, but I would really love to play her because her kit is solid as well, you guys complain about low human stats and dying on first strike, but she also got tumbler if your HP is full, that is somehow better than Ying Zheng damage reduction on full health.

Seriously stop craving for broken products and learn to accept balanced content.

Verdict: Aria is awesome, but you are safe to skip because she doesn't change the current meta.

Arena Cards

[Image: 60] Faded Memento - Yu Miaoyi: So, does anyone remember Leona and Sun Ce? this card is pretty much just Leona 2.0 on both duration of the debuff and that the runestones are converted to race runestones. If you missed Leona or you were not playing the game by that time you should take the time to get this card because attribute changing is quite useful sometimes and can save you a lot of pain on the void of the realm.

Biweekly Bosses

[Image: 60] Tender Soul - Li Lianying: I am really surprised that this card was not a skill level 15 diamond seal card instead, and is sad that at least right now is not really needed because with the recent wave of collaborations fire mono got quite a lot of fast converters that offer a far more than just enchanted fire runestones. The real use would be to get rid quickly of LD cards, so for convenience, I would say that this card is optional to farm because right now you might have better fire cards than this, but if you are new to the game or you are returning Li Lianying is way better fire converter than some of the other early game options like Cerberus or the Golems.

[Image: 60] Superficial Admirer - Wei Zhongxian: What is Madhead even trying?... so we got a biweekly version of Hideyoshi minus the leader attributes, he just got the chance to generate one more runestone and that's it. No real need for this card, newbies might find useful but that's it.

[Image: 60] Fake Affection - Zhao Gao: Another trap and human version of Sunnie. Personally, I would stick to Sunnie for the big stats and ameliorations. I just keep wondering about the recent amount of light and dark human converters with no leaders to benefit from them.

Ultimate Bosses
 [Image: 60] Voluntary Victim - Wang Zhaojun: right now I think that the only 2 teams that would benefit from her would be Tang Sangzan and Sakura. Tang Sanzang being more prominent because he is in serious need of more cards that can keep generating more race runestones every round, so this one paired with Erza and Kejouro can provide 3+ race runestones every wave or 2+ every round.

[Image: 60] Artistic Scalping - Xi Shi: This card is freaking good as a direct solution to enchanted quintet shield and extra combo generation, good help for Ying Zheng and Fairy Tail leaders which tends to struggle against that shield if you don't own Rugal craft or similar.

[Image: 60] Refined Grace - The Queen of Hearts: I got so happy about the revival of this card for fun sake, her damage is not outstanding at all but still great to meme and deal with some pesky stages that require constant healing and nothing else. As for the active skill, it is quite strong, personally, I would put her on par with Biscuit for those that missed the collaboration.

[Image: 60] Delusional Lover - Lü Zhi: right now the skill description doesn't talk about neighboring members, so if she is placed in the 5th slot she can actually affect up to 5 cards, sounds like a decent member for Kurama and Mesopotamia, but overall can be used in any other earth focused team including Freyja or Athena.

Event Bosses

[Image: 2070i.png] Crime Inducer - Ouroboros: He is another member designed for Eve that Ying Zheng and the Illuminated Savant can take for wonders. He got 3 effects active as well which makes him pretty noticeable for the control and the fact that can help to overcome enemies that don't receive full damage unless it is a particular element.

[Image: 60] Best Pet - Poopeyed Egg: I like how troll is this skill, basically is as good as an evade because you can even survive multiple enemy hits or deadly initial shields, if the absurd amount of Xuanwu and Darwin Health Points is not enough to survive the hit, then you can rely on this skill. First time in a while where a guild event card doesn't suck.

[Image: 60] Crazy Rich Queen - Cixi: personally I find this card quite questionable because yes, it got 2 effects but one of them is conditioned. The mix of 2 specific Runestone explodes and shield feel like it's tailored to face a specific enemy rather than being a utility that you will take around, so I'm not fond of the idea of taking time farming this card.

[Image: qAerqA7.png]
Wall of Donors:
@Tenmaru#8678, @Santa#1778, @Clueless#5064, @Lilacse#0020, @thanyou#8485, @furu#3839, @Dukevoid#9847, @ian#0749, @k_sum#2718, @HellBilly#8774, @Xsaren#9280, @NodiusC#2966, @KTR#8460, @Zenix#7374, @attanond (Ivan)#4797, @Evelyn#3563, and Loredas#6382
Thank you guys so much for helping me and encouraging me to continue posting more content for this game and the community!.