Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Oriceles Meta Analysis [15.4] + Tier List 19-8-2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Introduction

Welcome to analysis for Version 15.4, for this patch we have a third collaboration and then again no regular content, but recently we got teasers for Power Release of Revolutionary Heroes and leaked portrait images of Power Released Companions of Mystical Beasts. As usual be sure to join the Tower of Saviors EN Discord server https://discord.gg/nykAxF3 if you want to ask more about that and contact me for any doubt you have.

Tier List

I have decided to move the tier list to Google Sheets, this way I can keep editing the same file with less BBcode headache. And here is the link: http://bit.ly/TOSTierList
Tier list updates will now be mentioned in this part of the thread.

Code:
30/7/2018
- Added Sensui to B tier. This placement will be updated on August 13.
The following cards got their placement changed mostly due to lack of presence in the current patch not exactly because of power creep:
- Nobunaga, Ophiuchus and Sun Ce from A- to B+
- Faraday, Ye Shiao Chai/Yi Ye Shu from A- ty B
- Hideyoshi, Zhurong, and Xiahou Dun from B+ to B
- Lu Bu, Izanagi, and Arthur from B to B-

For cards that were added on July 22 update:
- Suzuko remains at B: she has damage potential and all her tools are fine but she needs more fire beasts to compensate. Because of this reason she also got placed on the M tier
- Haza placement landed in A-:
- Copper landed in A: He is strong enough but didn't prove to be a real contender for Azathoth, but rather an alternative technique leader or replacement. Since dragons gameplay is solid enough I think he deserves the A right now. I'm trying to keep a close eye on his performance.

22/7/2018
- Companions of Mystical Beast - Power Release added to B tier. Their placements will be updated on july 31.
- Added red borders for Priestess Xi and Tan Sanzang, be sure to read their comments.
- Added Azathoth to Meme tier because :REEEEE:

11/7/2018
- Problem with the comments not showing up in the file has been fixed, now everyone should be able to see them and add their own comments, thanks Vespher at Discord for reporting the problem.

9/7/2018
- Everything went down one tier because the damage output and the possibilities of Kurama and Yusuke are absurd. You can read more of that in this thread or discuss about it on the Discord server.

Important Links:
15.3 Meta thread
Newbies and Returning Players guide
Patch Notes: “Tower of Saviors” 15.4 Version Updates on “TOS☆Hakusho”
Discord Server Invitation

『Block of Duels』 - 『Yu☆Yu☆Hakusho

I can't lift my jaw from the floor, I mean, the power creep is real guys, the entire game content went 1 tier down after the release of this series because Yusuke and Kurama are overpowered and yet we don't know their limits. I was totally decided to move Yusuke directly to S in the first day, but everyone on Discord told me not to do it so we better wait for tailored content to see what is the real deal *shrug*. The three leaders focus a lot around conversion and self boosting damage with shared rune effects, so your members are free to be utility or continuous boosters.

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Yusuke Urameshi: In my opinion this card can be strong as Atlantis if you add Shyplant as member, and because of that he earned the nickname of Shyplantis/Atplantis on Discord. If you can whale, go for this guy without a doubt, he has access to 3 races of all attributes, his active and leader skill actually encourage in to building around Light and Water, but you can't ignore all the good Human, Demons and Elf that we have got so far, think of cards like Zhuge Liang, Florice, Sie Kensou, Ubume, Ghroth and Meruem, they are all possible to coexist with Yusuke as leader.

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Genkai: Right now I think she belongs to other teams outside of this series, Nobunaga and Zhurong to be specific. The self attack is a nice thing, but her best skill is actually her switching which sounds wonderful if played along with Rococo second active skill. Feel free to give more feedback and uses for her.

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Kurama: The team for Kurama is totally brain dead thanks to his effect of all runes sharing effect of all runestones, he is more limited than Yusuke since you can't add humans to the team, but still Demons and Elf of any attribute, the base multiplier seems low but thanks to the rune sharing effect his damage should be even better than playing dual Khaos. This being said, you can totally forget about conversion and bring all the utility and damage cards you want.

[Image: 64] Kazuma Kuwabara: Poor Kuwabara received a really unfair treatment in my opinion, right now he is meant to be used as member for either Yusuke or Hiei, if you use him anywhere else you won't meet the conditions for the boosting part of his active, the only place that comes to my mind where could do something good is at Faraday team.

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Hiei: He is meant to be the opposite of Yusuke build when it comes to attributes to play around but he does have access to cards of all attributes. His second active skill brings 3 effects, converted path, self attack x15, and turning damage received as HP (so he works just like Honda and can tank phantom enemies). People is worried about stats being low since he is a demon and bringing more demons for his enchanted demon runes makes more sense but 1.6x * 1.6x as a stat boost seems high enough.

[Image: 64] Toshin Raizen: This guy is a total slayer 1.5x (team skill) * 5x (active) along with his conversion seems good enough. The combine skill with Yusuke turns the team in to a machine gun.

[Image: 64] Koenma: He is a really fast shield and converter, so he is designed to save you from the moments where you can expect the worst. Talking about the possible low stats in Hiei, I think Koenma fits really well in there.

[Image: 64] Older Toguro: This guy is busted, and brings a lot of power to dark mono with a portable CD9 tumbler and offensive conversion that can unmark the board thanks to the enchant, so that is 3 utilities in one single skill, then again he suits Hiei entirely.

Companions of Mystical Beasts — Power Release

I'm really happy with how much this cards improved, and they are exactly what I was expecting, I'm still guessing that after this collaboration is over next limited time seal will focus around beasts to add more gameplay for Suzuko, Haza and Copper. The revival of this tanky leaders with dodge skills makes us notice that the enemies with 18k+ damage won't stop coming.

[Image: 64] Reflection of Astro Glow - Pupuro: Her stats improved way too much thanks to the power release and amelioration, leader skill seems decent, yet the condition only increases her own damage output and not that of members, yet I don't think that anyone likes to play elf leaders without tumbler other than Kurama (who already has access to Elder Toguro just in case). The amelioration 4 brings 10% more damage in her column by dissolving 3 runestones. Active didn't change, but it was not necessary, with the improve of base stats is enough, I managed to OHKO Younger Toguro 2nd Health bar with her 6* form.

[Image: 64] Devil Purification - Suzuko: I totally love what they did to Suzuko, right now her team skill is a mix of Origin of Demons and Amaterasu so she is way more viable now and very fun to play. In the top of my mind there are 2 different ways to play her right now so I'll leave that in the spoiler below. The main problem with her new team skill is that the current pool of Fire Beasts is minimal and we only can anticipate that there are new cards coming to join her team, otherwise we will be stuck playing with good old CD:5 converters dupes of Suzuko and Shingen The Domineering Orc which I've been craving for his return.
Blazing Blood in Souls EX
A problem to note is that her recovery will be really low and unlike Haza/Dodo/Aloha she doesn't have a way to heal other than burst healing via conversion or dragonary craft, but since she has all the members running in less than 3 rounds, it is supposed that you won't need to stall and actually just pass the stage by steam rolling. You can also feel free to swap any of the converters for Iquitos if you want.

[Image: 50][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 50]

Inherited Fire, Earth, Light
This is mostly what I've been playing with 6* Suzuko for Leader and Adjutant achievements, but I think that now should be better since Haza leader skill makes it so we don't need Furi to collide anymore. It can grind, have craft on the first round via combine, counter first round foul play, and the damage output seems fair enough thanks to the fact that this team has 3 boosting skills. In the inari composition, he can be used to remove marked runestones or simply improve upon Fenrir conversion.

[Image: 50][Image: 45][Image: 90][Image: 45][Image: 50] or [Image: 50][Image: 45][Image: 90][Image: 45][Image: 50]

[Image: 64] Wits of Unicorn - Haza : He improved a lot, the addition of earth runes sharing effect is made so Furi doesn't collide with the activation of his second active anymore, so if you go dual Haza you are having 100% effect of other runestones, it is also nice that MadHead didn't add this to a team skill, so I guess Suzuko+Haza was planned. As usual we can bring back the good old combo of Yunyang+Mufasa+Medusa+Inari/Zhu Bajie. In other notes I'm really excited because I want to watch Kilometers PerMinute playing runs of dual Haza with no members again [Image: 403545163814666250.png].

[Image: 50][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 50] or [Image: 50][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 45][Image: 50]

[Image: 64] Synergy of Qilin - Copper Bullet: In a meta where we have the Dragon King named Azathoth there is a new challenger who was left behind in the subpar tier until now. Copper actually brings a higher damage multiplier than Azathoth but without all the cool utilities like pre-launch snipe, vampirism, and time extension. As for members you should be using  Colin along with Servant of Dragons, Nidhogg or cards from Prologue of the Universe.

[Image: 64] Ultimate Foodaholic - Sunnie: Folks at Discord were craving for a different result, like providing dragon runes or something [Image: 439426034367070218.png], but since the very start I was sure that she would receive the same treatment as Swegde and the reason is because Sunnie exists to feed dark runestones to Novalis since day 1 (I love the food stall in her new artwork). Since now Copper team skill makes it so Light Runestones have the effect of all attributes I think that having Sunnie on top might be too much, but I might be wrong on this guessing.

Arena

[Image: 64] Yukina: if for some reason you missed Kula during King of Fighters collaboration, here is Yukina who does something similar but way less powerful. Yukina is more like a mini Urd. Control skills are always welcome, you can use her as filler for Yusuke or as member for Kurama. There is a pretty combo of switching Kurama and using Yukina so 10 seconds with unlimited movement of runestones, then you can use Kurama first active and burst the water enemy.

Biweekly

[Image: 64] Jin: This guy skill works similar to Killua second active, but arranges them as columns instead of rows, he is meant to be used in Kurama, but I don't really know how useful he can actually be.

[Image: 64] Shishiwakamaru: I'm fine with more water appearing, but the problem is that he works like a runestone enhancer, so Cornflower and 7* Pupuro are still dependant on Maylily and Shuta to do their job. Stats are really nice, I guess you actually ignore the water attribute and bring him to Kurama team as a CD 1.5x booster.

[Image: 64] Delta the Vow ProtectorUPDATE [Image: alarm.gif] This is the first time I'm actually attracted to a Machina biweekly. Delta is designed to be a better alternative to Schnauzer. At first glance her burst alone looks kinda RNG (talking about machina attacks) and risky because just like Schnauzer she brings your HP to 1, but if you look for combos you will see that she is meant to be paired with Epsilon, so using Delta > Epsilon will turn the entire board in to columns of fire and heart, no movement needed since the board will be on the same style as Azathoth active this way you will recover and get free 6 combo. The calculation decreases the entire deducted HP in to a flat base attack.

Coliseum

[Image: 64] Yomi: Another helper for Kurama, his active is similar to the one from Amaterasu, but targets only Earth runes instead of the entire board. The combine skill sounds too conditional, but I guess it's fine to avoid a KO or deal with high armor enemies.

Ultimate/Nightmare

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Younger Toguro: He seems really strong but right now there are no leaders that can keep his active running, so it was adviced to farm 2 or 3 copies of him to keep the amount of dark runes in the first batch. Right now he is kinda ideal for Hiei but I don't know how viable it is with just one copy, Lancelot should also be able to help this guy a lot. Other than that the only leader that can fulfill that condition is Tsukuyomi with Anubis.

[Image: 64][Image: 64] Sensui: To be honest I have never expected to see such a strong card being given as an Ultimate lord, his base multiplier is quite decent and the conditions are not quite hard to achieve, but they will give you a real rune drought since you are asked to dissolve all light and heart present every round, so bringing members like Morse, Qiao Sisters, and Kushinada would be advised. After switching leader and adjutant you will have a leader with permanent 75% damage reduction and 80% when you have his second skill running during the wave. The first skill packs a lot of burst as well so you don't have to worry in that department too much and can focus in adding converters and other utility cards. I highly recommend to not miss this guy, even if your current light human pool is not the best exactly. I might create a specific thread for light human archetype later.

[Image: LSxQ1J6.png]

[Image: 64] Judgement of the Guillotine - Shire[Image: icon_new.gif] Not bad, I mean the effect is really good but I think it is hard to decide which team to use for him, like right now I can only think of Yusuke, Azazel and Elizabeth because other water teams already have many options that doesn't make him that relevant. I think he was worth to farm if we ever need a full water demon achievement or simply want to increase our water demon pool which is rather small.

Horror

[Image: 64] Mukuro: I'm yet to see how this active skill dissolve works do we type in cross shape or get to select the column before the row?. The first batch of runes working like Ame no Murakumo sounds really nice, specially if paired with Ghroth. The combine skill turns in to something of the like of Azathoth, which is nice for board clear and increasing the combo count. If you are really planning to stick playing Hiei, Mukuro seems to be a staple card for the team.

Joint Operation

[Image: 64] Raging Fangs - Mushussu: Mainly designed to bring more DPS for Suzuko, the serpent auto fulfills its condition every round but you need to be sure that you have 4+ fire runes upon the round of activation. The runestone sgeneration also increases the likelihood of having fire runestones as the most present which increases Suzuko multiplier. Off course you try him as a mini Rakshasa for Hephaestus or Dancer Yan but I think that those teams are better running Yog Sothot or Kyo as they do right now.

[Image: TEEZsrH.png]

Wall of donors:
Tenmaru @ Discord
Clueless @ Discord
Santa @ Discord
Lilacse @ Discord
Here I'll help with my experience with Hiei and Kurama:
Burst of them both get easily over a billion (my Hiei test saw yog alone doing 3.7bn).
Hiei I got up to 27k hp & 30% dmg reduction, Kurama to 22k & 50%.
Neither seems to have healing issues. Kurama is obviously made for easy over healing.

They both are very user friendly IMHO, not requiring special spinning skills (although doing 7-8 initial combos take Kurama into the next level).

I highly recommend them both. If I don't get Yusuke I won't shed tears since they have actually a great pool of utility to choose from.

Edit :
Recommendations 
For Hiei it's easy, PR Yog, Ghroth, Ubume (yes honestly, you don't care that it won't attack), if you have a converter that you particularly like throw it in, I put in Papaver and had no issues with her damage taken.
For Kurama I don't have Rakshasa but I would recommend her with Ghroth & Shyplant, if you don't have her then PR Yog is preferred over Lancelot. Papaver is an even more obvious choice here. 
Yukina is an Elf, so she can't work in Sun Ce.
(07-10-2018, 08:21 AM)Revdarian Wrote: [ -> ]Here I'll help with my experience with Hiei and Kurama:
Burst of them both get easily over a billion (my Hiei test saw yog alone doing 3.7bn).
Hiei I got up to 27k hp & 30% dmg reduction, Kurama to 22k & 50%.
Neither seems to have healing issues. Kurama is obviously made for easy over healing.

They both are very user friendly IMHO, not requiring special spinning skills (although doing 7-8 initial combos take Kurama into the next level).

I highly recommend them both. If I don't get Yusuke I won't shed tears since they have actually a great pool of utility to choose from.

Edit :
Recommendations 
For Hiei it's easy, PR Yog, Ghroth, Ubume (yes honestly, you don't care that it won't attack), if you have a converter that you particularly like throw it in, I put in Papaver and had no issues with her damage taken.
For Kurama I don't have Rakshasa but I would recommend her with Ghroth & Shyplant, if you don't have her then PR Yog is preferred over Lancelot. Papaver is an even more obvious choice here. 

Hsu have a video on YouTube of Hiei team where one card dish out 40 Billion damage from full burst

I think Hiei might be the "weakest" of the 3 rares but he is still very powerful with the 3 races that he has access to and especially if you have access to Groth. I tested him out a bit and he is very fun to play. If you manage to pull 2 Hiei, you can keep the member Hiei unswitched because his CD5 active is also extremely good.
Thx for the initial info. Really helps me plan for rare up day. I didnt buy the initial thought that this series may br underwhelming.

Switching cards are really needed if only to counter cd reset. For this reason i will aim to draw a max of 35 times if needed.

Defense cards seemed under used before the past 2 patches. Now it would seem that we have options to contain the 4 maybe even 5 debuffs the enemies put on us.
I think genkai is decent leader.
Her team skill only need her to be leader not as leader ally.
With only 3 yuyu cards to trigger its team skill(team atkx2).
Switched form means x8 atk rainbow leader.
Genkai, yukina, koenma, circe/shyplant, raizen/kuwabara, ally yusuke or khaos. This team very much playable without pulling rares.
Attanond yeah if you switch with every rune =100% fire / dark, Ghroth, Circe, fylgja and I guess Papaver the dam may become ridiculous, but the fun fact is that the billions damage I achieved was with a team I was testing for every day use lol.

Hiei PR Yog Ubume Ghroth Papaver Hiei

I can't say enough how great can Ubume be as a stat stick + buff bot if you plan it right.

Btw I'll skip the first rate up & collect diamonds eyeing the second one for Yusuke Smile 
(07-11-2018, 01:56 AM)Revdarian Wrote: [ -> ]Attanond yeah if you switch with every rune =100% fire / dark, Ghroth, Circe, fylgja and I guess Papaver the dam may become ridiculous, but the fun fact is that the billions damage I achieved was with a team I was testing for every day use lol.

Wouldn't Papaver putting you at 1 HP deactivate PR Yog's active skill since it says "Skill stays in play until Team HP <50%"? Confirmation about this would be appreciated since I plan on using Yog + Papaver myself on Kurrama.  I'm also enjoying Kurama gameplay. Fun to toy around Andromeda/Paperwhite/Shyplant in the team.
(07-11-2018, 05:26 AM)Emodicer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2018, 01:56 AM)Revdarian Wrote: [ -> ]Attanond yeah if you switch with every rune =100% fire / dark, Ghroth, Circe, fylgja and I guess Papaver the dam may become ridiculous, but the fun fact is that the billions damage I achieved was with a team I was testing for every day use lol.

Wouldn't Papaver putting you at 1 HP deactivate PR Yog's active skill since it says "Skill stays in play until Team HP <50%"? Confirmation about this would be appreciated since I plan on using Yog + Papaver myself on Kurrama.  I'm also enjoying Kurama gameplay. Fun to toy around Andromeda/Paperwhite/Shyplant in the team.

I think this is checked at the end of each Round. For example, if you head into a Wave that ambushes you, Yog keeps the buff for that Round when dealing damage and deactivates after if you couldn't heal to >50%.
(07-11-2018, 05:42 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2018, 05:26 AM)Emodicer Wrote: [ -> ]

I think this is checked at the end of each Round. For example, if you head into a Wave that ambushes you, Yog keeps the buff for that Round when dealing damage and deactivates after if you couldn't heal to >50%.

That clears things up. Thank you. Now whether Yomi is worth putting over Yog/Papaver/Shyplant/Ghroth/other Elf enchantresses remains to be seen. 
Pages: 1 2 3