Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Another Deck Building Help for a rejoined player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I just came back after 2 years of not playing. At that time Babylon Gods were still the meta but now I have no idea what the meta is.
I used to play mostly Light Norse, but I only have PR Odin and not VR Odin, so it's probably not so useful now.

I also have All max Luna and Lucifer (non PR), but I do not have any of the strong light leaders. 
I'm looking to build the best possible deck out of the cards that I have currently so I can go through SM or Nightmare to get the good cards.

Thank you in advance!
https://imgur.com/a/oJb0K
You can look at Oriceles' meta thread on the General forum to see what leaders are important now, but it's pretty divisive, try to read through everyone's discussions if you can. There's also a teambuild for the current series. I'll tell you that the meta is now dominated by designated "Rare" cards of which there are three from every new series starting with the Imperial Warlords series, where new series began to be separated from the main diamond seal to be reincorporated at a later date. The rarest and (debatably) most powerful of these are Black Platinum cards, which are accessible as very low chances in the main seal during a few brief and sudden event periods, and slightly higher chances from the Ancient Coin seal, which you need to spend coins received from drawing in other seals to access, also during the limited event periods. The current running seal is based on the Cthulhu Mythos and features Dragon and Demon rares.

There are a few older series that are still viable as leaders. Most of the important members for teams are made of older series cards. Will have to check what you got, but you seem to have misposted something, I'm only seeing one image through your link.
(12-06-2017, 04:21 AM)Fauxy Wrote: [ -> ]You can look at Oriceles' meta thread on the General forum to see what leaders are important now, but it's pretty divisive, try to read through everyone's discussions if you can. There's also a teambuild for the current series. I'll tell you that the meta is now dominated by designated "Rare" cards of which there are three from every new series starting with the Imperial Warlords series, where new series began to be separated from the main diamond seal to be reincorporated at a later date. The rarest and (debatably) most powerful of these are Black Platinum cards, which are accessible as very low chances in the main seal during a few brief and sudden event periods, and slightly higher chances from the Ancient Coin seal, which you need to spend coins received from drawing in other seals to access, also during the limited event periods. The current running seal is based on the Cthulhu Mythos and features Dragon and Demon rares.

There are a few older series that are still viable as leaders. Most of the important members for teams are made of older series cards. Will have to check what you got, but you seem to have misposted something, I'm only seeing one image through your link.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I accidentally send the link for just one photo, I just edit and sent the link for the whole album.
And I'll check out the threads! Seems I'm really far behind and all I can really hope for is to be able to draw these new cards
(12-06-2017, 04:36 AM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the reply! I accidentally send the link for just one photo, I just edit and sent the link for the whole album.
And I'll check out the threads! Seems I'm really far behind and all I can really hope for is to be able to draw these new cards

First thing's first: click the settings in the upper right then click "Storing Materials," this will allow you to transfer all your evolution materials and soulstones to a separate inventory.

Things that strike me: You don't seem to have any leveled Odins, so I doubt you'll have the materials to make VR Odin. That's unfortunate because Norse is the oldest series still in the meta, though you need a lot of particular members to make it work, most important of which is VR Odin.  It's also not great that you haven't PR'd ML, because an Inanna team with PR ML and Luna would be... not the best, but good enough at least to start on Void of the Realm. I can see you've invested the most in Greek which unfortunately is a dead series awaiting a VR.

You do have Belle and Jackie though. VR Crimson Grace in Water-Fire-Earth are acceptable leaders in the current meta with a much less rigid structure than Norse, but some teamskill cards for them just passed you by. Demons for their teams will probably be coming out in this patch too, a few have already dropped. Dipankara/Randeng and Yang Jian are also still in meta, though pretty low now, I think. On the verge of dropping off, though an update for their series is on the horizon.

Great members I'm seeing:
1) All the Enchantresses, still very good important cards. PR ASAP.
2) Novalis and Ursula. This means that you can actually play Azathoth, the new dragon team rare leader. You might wanna try to get some dimes together for when the new series has a rare up day, probably the week after the current collab ends. There hasn't been an announcement yet, but I think it's usually like the second friday of the patch? Third? My memory's not great for numbers.
3) Some great elves. The last patch was an elf patch and some of these would have been great members for the new leaders. You'll have to wait until they come back in like three patches, or when the Ancient Seal opens and all rares are dumped into the same pool.
4) Protagonists. They're pretty bread and butter cards, same as the enchantresses. They just got a buff this patch with equipment craft.
5) Gemini and Scorpio. These are very important member cards now, especially Gemini, because of an extra amelioration type of stage called Awakening Recall that became available to their whole series. Gemini's gives him a 6x to attack and Alma's a 4x with defense break, once certain conditions are fulfilled. It's unlikely you'll be able to unlock it with your current teams, but keep these in mind as you move forward.

You can also try to draw the Pili limited seal, after this draw ends it will be gone forever. The big jackpot is a water leader who's pretty good and doesn't have any particular team restrictions. The other two rares are very finicky though.
(12-06-2017, 05:17 AM)Fauxy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 04:36 AM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the reply! I accidentally send the link for just one photo, I just edit and sent the link for the whole album.

First thing's first: click the settings in the upper right then click "Storing Materials," this will allow you to transfer all your evolution materials and soulstones to a separate inventory.

Things that strike me: You don't seem to have any leveled Odins, so I doubt you'll have the materials to make VR Odin. That's unfortunate because Norse is the oldest series still in the meta, though you need a lot of particular members to make it work, most important of which is VR Odin.  It's also not great that you haven't PR'd ML, because an Inanna team with PR ML and Luna would be... not the best, but good enough at least to start on Void of the Realm. I can see you've invested the most in Greek which unfortunately is a dead series awaiting a VR.

You do have Belle and Jackie though. VR Crimson Grace in Water-Fire-Earth are acceptable leaders in the current meta with a much less rigid structure than Norse, but some teamskill cards for them just passed you by. Demons for their teams will probably be coming out in this patch too, a few have already dropped. Dipankara/Randeng and Yang Jian are also still in meta, though pretty low now, I think. On the verge of dropping off, though an update for their series is on the horizon.

Great members I'm seeing:
1) All the Enchantresses, still very good important cards. PR ASAP.
2) Novalis and Ursula. This means that you can actually play Azathoth, the new dragon team rare leader. You might wanna try to get some dimes together for when the new series has a rare up day, probably the week after the current collab ends. There hasn't been an announcement yet, but I think it's usually like the second friday of the patch? Third? My memory's not great for numbers.
3) Some great elves. The last patch was an elf patch and some of these would have been great members for the new leaders. You'll have to wait until they come back in like three patches, or when the Ancient Seal opens and all rares are dumped into the same pool.
4) Protagonists. They're pretty bread and butter cards, same as the enchantresses. They just got a buff this patch with equipment craft.
5) Gemini and Scorpio. These are very important member cards now, especially Gemini, because of an extra amelioration type of stage called Awakening Recall that became available to their whole series. Gemini's gives him a 6x to attack and Alma's a 4x with defense break, once certain conditions are fulfilled. It's unlikely you'll be able to unlock it with your current teams, but keep these in mind as you move forward.

You can also try to draw the Pili limited seal, after this draw ends it will be gone forever. The big jackpot is a water leader who's pretty good and doesn't have any particular team restrictions. The other two rares are very finicky though.

Wow, I didn't know there's such function to store materials now. I could have done that to make me screenshot much easier to read  Sad
Actually I do have an all max PR Thor and double max PR Odin, but I think my screenshots were quite messy so its easy to miss.

1. I'll definitely pr the enchantress ASAP, I just trade for memory traveller.
2. I'll Azathoth out! seems like a very cool card
3. may I ask, which elf are you talking about?
4. I got an all max Nathaniel and double max Molly, but I'll check out the new equipmentcraft.
5. That means I should invest in a dark leader?

I actually tried to draw it and couldnt get the 3 better cards that's being shown Sad 
Anyways, thanks a lot! will definitely rep you!
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I didn't know there's such function to store materials now. I could have done that to make me screenshot much easier to read  Sad
Actually I do have an all max PR Thor and double max PR Odin, but I think my screenshots were quite messy so its easy to miss.

4. I got an all max Nathaniel and double max Molly, but I'll check out the new equipmentcraft.

I actually tried to draw it and couldnt get the 3 better cards that's being shown Sad 

I saw the Thor, but Thor is the least valuable of the Norse series I think, maybe above Freyr, tied with Freyja. Somehow missed Odin, who is right next to him. The elements have been unbalanced for a while and some simply have better member pools than others. Loki is the best of Norse at the moment, followed by Tyr. Do you have the materials to VR Odin? VR Thor - VR Odin - ML - Luna - Genie + VR Thor might work? Won't be the best team.

Margarite, Tini, and Yggdrasil are all good elf members for elf mono teams (some people still use Margarite as a leader) like Rose or Sakura. Matryoshka is a pretty staple member of teams like Izanagi, Diablo, and some setups of Ophiuchus.

Be very careful not to use your all max cards as crafting material, it will destroy them.

There are a few dark leaders in meta at the moment, dark is a strong element because the members are good. Satan, Lu Bu (there's a new version, distinct from The Unjust Soldier), Khaos, and Loki are the most relevant leaders. Mastema just got PR and Erebus probably will soon too and they might have some staying power, I dunno yet. You'll need a strong dark team (one that can include Pollux and/or Alma) to begin with to unlock AR, will probably take you a while.
(12-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Fauxy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I didn't know there's such function to store materials now. I could have done that to make me screenshot much easier to read  Sad

I saw the Thor, but Thor is the least valuable of the Norse series I think, maybe above Freyr, tied with Freyja. Somehow missed Odin, who is right next to him. The elements have been unbalanced for a while and some simply have better member pools than others. Loki is the best of Norse at the moment, followed by Tyr. Do you have the materials to VR Odin? VR Thor - VR Odin - ML - Luna - Genie + VR Thor might work? Won't be the best team.

Margarite, Tini, and Yggdrasil are all good elf members for elf mono teams (some people still use Margarite as a leader) like Rose or Sakura. Matryoshka is a pretty staple member of teams like Izanagi, Diablo, and some setups of Ophiuchus.

Be very careful not to use your all max cards as crafting material, it will destroy them.

There are a few dark leaders in meta at the moment, dark is a strong element because the members are good. Satan, Lu Bu (there's a new version, distinct from The Unjust Soldier), Khaos, and Loki are the most relevant leaders. Mastema just got PR and Erebus probably will soon too and they might have some staying power, I dunno yet. You'll need a strong dark team (one that can include Pollux and/or Alma) to begin with to unlock AR, will probably take you a while.

Unfortunately I don't have the materials to VR Odin, perhaps I have to wait for it to come back next year Sad . Though, I don't think I'll struggle getting the materials once it comes back as it takes me less than 2 diamonds to clear Odin NM stage.

VR Thor - VR Odin, ML, Luna, Genie + VR Thor sounds like a very powerful team... two years ago Tongue . But I don't have the Team cost for it at the moment Sad .

And Dark element, and Loki in general has been the strongest element also back in the days too. So I guess the best bet for me now is to PR all my fate sisters, powerlevel (any good ways to level fast?) to increase my teamcost, and collect diamonds, and pray that I draw some good leaders. All Maxing Pollux will definitely take me a long time skill wise. Is using Harpies worth it to Max Pollux skills, or the traditional farm slimes and feed them to pollux is still better?
(12-06-2017, 04:53 PM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately I don't have the materials to VR Odin, perhaps I have to wait for it to come back next year Sad . Though, I don't think I'll struggle getting the materials once it comes back as it takes me less than 2 diamonds to clear Odin NM stage.

VR Thor - VR Odin, ML, Luna, Genie + VR Thor sounds like a very powerful team... two years ago Tongue . But I don't have the Team cost for it at the moment Sad .

And Dark element, and Loki in general has been the strongest element also back in the days too. So I guess the best bet for me now is to PR all my fate sisters, powerlevel (any good ways to level fast?) to increase my teamcost, and collect diamonds, and pray that I draw some good leaders. All Maxing Pollux will definitely take me a long time skill wise. Is using Harpies worth it to Max Pollux skills, or the traditional farm slimes and feed them to pollux is still better?
Definitely farm slimes, it's faster now than back in the days since slimes can be fed with nymphs and mini dragons and vice versa. Whatever you can farm for you should farm, save the harpies for cards that don't have feeders and that you know you'll use a lot
Why Fate Sisters? They're really niche nowadays and their stats are bad. Are you mistaking them for Enchantresses? Enchantresses are the three Witches: Circe, Medea, and Cassandra.

Don't waste your harpies on Pollux when you don't even have a dark leader yet lol.

I actually think the best way to farm slimes is the Descendants of the North Traveler's Memories stages (Asgard the Sanctified City). Because you don't lose out on EXP that way, and the drops are decent. Ruins of Hunterville is also an option for the dragons that have the same skill as the slimes, but I feel like their drop rate is much lower for some reason.

edit: lol, Put, I misread your comment and thought you were recommending the old feed little witches to slimes method.
(12-06-2017, 05:05 PM)put1572 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2017, 04:53 PM)attanond Wrote: [ -> ]

Definitely farm slimes, it's faster now than back in the days since slimes can be fed with nymphs and mini dragons and vice versa. Whatever you can farm for you should farm, save the harpies for cards that don't have feeders and that you know you'll use a lot

Thanks for the reply! It may come off as a stupid question but where to find Nymphs and Mini dragons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4