Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Favorite Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So... the forum was down for like a week. I dunno what that was about. But here's a fun question to get some discussion rolling again. What are everyone's favorite teams per element + rainbow? Not like, strongest, necessarily, though that can be a factor. Rather, what are the teams/gameplay styles you enjoy playing, even when you have other options? Or maybe, your team that is your favorite by default because you have no other options. Limited to teams you actually have.

My own answer is probably not that interesting because most of it falls into the "by default" category. I'm definitely not an oldschool player. My account is still pretty... adolescent. So me personally, I don't have much in the way of teams like Norse and Greek and Crimson Grace or even Babylon. I was very lucky to draw Maya with literally my first ancient coin draw for her event. She's my "main" team now after a long stint with Erebus, who I'm really quite unsatisfied with, but he's still my only real dark leader. I like Amaterasu for fire, despite missing core components. Barbhogg is surprisingly entertaining, if only for Barbara's unique attack animation. For water I was surprised how stable and actually useful Shuta/Sera was, but barely anyone played it, so I could not get regular allies, and now that Cornflower's come out I think it's time to call that team quits. Though it's not like I have a better water team to replace it with. Rainbow... I'm really attracted to Aether teams, but at this point it seems like building them is harder than building a TSZ team and for much less reward. Hope that she gets that good PR soon.
(11-14-2017, 11:14 PM)Fauxy Wrote: [ -> ]So... the forum was down for like a week. I dunno what that was about. But here's a fun question to get some discussion rolling again. What are everyone's favorite teams per element + rainbow? Not like, strongest, necessarily, though that can be a factor. Rather, what are the teams/gameplay styles you enjoy playing, even when you have other options? Or maybe, your team that is your favorite by default because you have no other options. Limited to teams you actually have.

My own answer is probably not that interesting because most of it falls into the "by default" category. I'm definitely not an oldschool player. My account is still pretty... adolescent. So me personally, I don't have much in the way of teams like Norse and Greek and Crimson Grace or even Babylon. I was very lucky to draw Maya with literally my first ancient coin draw for her event. She's my "main" team now after a long stint with Erebus, who I'm really quite unsatisfied with, but he's still my only real dark leader. I like Amaterasu for fire, despite missing core components. Barbhogg is surprisingly entertaining, if only for Barbara's unique attack animation. For water I was surprised how stable and actually useful Shuta/Sera was, but barely anyone played it, so I could not get regular allies, and now that Cornflower's come out I think it's time to call that team quits. Though it's not like I have a better water team to replace it with. Rainbow... I'm really attracted to Aether teams, but at this point it seems like building them is harder than building a TSZ team and for much less reward. Hope that she gets that good PR soon.
Ah, how i've missed the forum. Right, now onto the main topic, i'll just chip in for the "rainbow" setup since I have work to do. The one team i keep coming back to is Ophiuchus. I'm a little biased because he is the only jackpot card i have aside from Uncle Tuu and Lucy, both of which are not available anymore so they'll probably be phased out sooner or later. The high multiplier plus the damage from the auto enchant is nothing to laugh about, not to mention this little "gimmick" helps clear marked runes, masked trail, masked board etc. without having to waste, say, a compulsion or convert. Extra spin time based on the number of elves tops out at a max of nine seconds, second only to Yog's absurd spin time if you are running four elves. Of course there are weaknesses, a burn/sticky trail is a hassle to deal with using this team, but the time-tunnel active solves that pretty well. I currently run Ophiuchus - AR Pollux - AR Luna - AR Alma - Shyplant - Ophiuchus as my main semi-rainbow team and it does great on most stages.  
Dark: Tsukoyomi darkgods Anubis - fast and hits hard, so many good dark gods in tos  (runners up are rose, Loki, lubu, Satan teams)
Light: Arthur - I don't have Maya or tsz otherwise this would be Maya and tsz
Fire: Nobunaga by far (chessia is runner up used when stage has restriction, don't have amaeratsu or sakura)
Earth: Izanagi prob the most flexible team in tos (runners up r hideyoshi, tuu)
Water: none of the teams are as good as the above.  Its a crapshoot that I blame on the water bride.  I use cornflower, Abraham, freyr, shj, shuta, Andromeda.
Rainbow: Khaos, druid beast, ophi (runner up kof n diochan, wish I had copperbullet)
Light&dark: ysc and yys

Teams that I used to like that got creeped by mh = barbhogg, partial dragons, yj-rd, wukong, faugn, yog, origin of demons, cao cao

Teams that I hate but mh wants me to use = diablo team, crimson grace

Teams that I am glad to move on from: Greek, babylon
Hmmm well i will say, if i don't enjoy the gameplay then i wouldn't use the team :p Smile

LONG POST INCOMING:

For rainbow currently i am enjoying Lionel:Khaos since i dont have Khaos but have a crapload of fillers, i am late to the party of the Diaochan/AR Pollux/ Amaterasu teams but they do have their own spot as sorta grind happy at the beginning but soon evolve into BOOM, HEADSHOT! teams.

As for dark, i love my Erebus team for a lot of things with AR Pollux, in contrast i use my Lubu very very sparingly since it is so hard to stall with it, and Loki has it's place too seeing that thanks to it's increased stats i was able to get AR Pollux in the first place Smile Ohh almost forgot, i have Rose which i am loving although haven't had the time to test some variations i want with her, i have Lynx and like her gameplay but nobody else likes her and thus she is shelved with a tear :'(

Light teams i like my Arthur and Thor teams the most, and i do not use PR ML with my Thor, instead i prefer to go with the Sirius fusion, it is a matter of taste, my PR inana with PR MLx2, Luna etc is stable indeed but i tend to keep it away since too many stages make spinning columns a real pain in the arse. Arthur, if i can spend 2 rounds safe i will bring Lisa fusion, otherwise i will use almost anything as filler to the coliseum 2x light human and a PR starter, burst isnt absurd but doesn't have to be absurd.

Water i used to enjoy my Margarite and Sera teams but too few people liked them and thus i shelved them similarly to you Tongue, non elf vr Elizabeth packs a hell of a punch, be it mono demon or mixed, you can usually stack her to x6 in 2 turns and afterwards the damage is just so consistent... if what i need is water with survivability i will use Abraham or still in special occasions my Poseidon team... yeap i still use PR Greeks, and am ready to VR them all the second madhead releases that :p

Earth i have again 3 types of teams to mix and match gameplay, the most jack of all trades is Izanagi, the 2 free combos + heart=earth and sheer ammount of possible followers that earth has makes it an option for almost anything, put some decent recovery members and matrioshka and i can stall forever lol... if instead i want a "wham, bamm, thank you ma'am!" team then hideyoshi is mindless but works, with circe and the 2x initial combo of KoF dmg won't be lacking since the 2nd turn onwards... and lastly when things need to be taken very slow, safe, with huge incoming damage or a ban of heart runes then i whip out the good o'le Barbhogg... i am missing yun yang but Barbhogg is still able to overcome certain situations that make other teams keel over and thus i have it on my slots, just waiting.

Lastly my fire teams... Chessia is my leisure team if hearts are banned/frowned in the stage, vr Tyr is about playing it safe mono god, Nobunaga is about doing just enough damage the first 6 turns and afterwards it is such a constant stream of bursts that i have used it against water even... i have a 4th fire team in the form of VR Jackie that i finally got, haven't really tested it but it is similar to VR Elizabeth. I need to get used to Mowangzie or however it is called being an all out defense breaker in that team at cd6... think about it, you have at that point 6x6x1.5*(the damage of all demons added up) being cd6 you can pair him with Jackies own cd for another x1.5 and now i wish i had gotten a 2nd Mo Wang lol
I kinda thought everyone would pick one per color lol, but I guess people love their teams.

(11-15-2017, 01:05 AM)Revdarian Wrote: [ -> ]Water i used to enjoy my Margarite and Sera teams but too few people liked them and thus i shelved them similarly to you Tongue, non elf vr Elizabeth packs a hell of a punch, be it mono demon or mixed, you can usually stack her to x6 in 2 turns and afterwards the damage is just so consistent... if what i need is water with survivability i will use Abraham or still in special occasions my Poseidon team... yeap i still use PR Greeks, and am ready to VR them all the second madhead releases that :p

Just curious, what does your monodemon Elizabeth team look like? Water doesn't seem to have a lot of choices for demons.

I also am loving Rose. I guess she's my actual rainbow favorite, since I'm shelving Aether til she gets a buff.
Elizabeth/ Flutist/ Louis/ Beowulf+Partner/ Elizabeth is one way, i also have Host of the Hsihe Sword= semi permanent 2x enchantress like effect, all in all i am only missing Azazel from all the 5+ water demons Tongue yes there aren't lots of them but they are still fun to use. If i really require high damage water with some utility then i will use something else as filler, but mono water demon is fun for the variety Smile
(11-15-2017, 03:37 AM)Revdarian Wrote: [ -> ]Elizabeth/ Flutist/ Louis/ Beowulf+Partner/ Elizabeth is one way, i also have Host of the Hsihe Sword= semi permanent 2x enchantress like effect, all in all i am only missing Azazel from all the 5+ water demons Tongue yes there aren't lots of them but they are still fun to use. If i really require high damage water with some utility then i will use something else as filler, but mono water demon is fun for the variety Smile

Is the Host a collab card/not coming back?
the team i will forever treasure the most is aether. she was my starter and got me through til midgame. there was no enemy skill other than maybe overheal that could straight up counter the setup i ran. now that her damage has fallen off, i have moved on to newer teams, though her team slot will never be reset.

my go to teams are dark and green norse for their consistency and stability(dont have most of the new rares nor any black cards). the only problem is that there are 3-4 staple cards in norse teams so it gets hard to sacrifice a card for certain stages when the situation comes.

ophiuchus and rose has been treating me well recently so i cant forget about them. neither can i forget haza for the times i get lazy to put together a viable team for certain stages.

kof teams are actually really good in many stages due to them being able to counter many shields by switching member colors. one important thing to note is that the actives of the kof series (including the arena card and biweeklies) cover almost everything. hp, damage, recovery, burst, low cd, stalling, you have all that as well.
Yeah the host of the hsihe sword was either Chinese paladins or xuan yuan collaboration, the condition of its 2x effect was that if you dissolve 3 random marked runes every round you get 2x, miss it and you lose 10% hp :p I honestly prefer to slot a pr starter when using him just to be safe.

edit:
hahahaha like jtsmith says it is a pain to upkeep, but honestly it is worth it for me in the situations i use him, most likely when i am about to do a series of constant bursts with DC near the end, thanks to the DC i can be sure that i will have enough rune types but yeah, still a royal pain if looked at everyday use.
HH was a chinese paladin sm. He kinda goes with councillor. He will prob. not come back.

HH is prob the worst of all the toggles besides the water elf with random combo count. HH always seems to mark a rune type that u have 1 or 2 of (calling MH out because u shouldnt program that). U can bring a starter but even that doesnt guarantee success. Throw in something like weathered runes or laser shot and u can have a real mess.
Pages: 1 2