Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Additive Abilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, is there a final word on how identical abilities work when they are doubled? Is the effect cumulative?

For example, my Team Leader is Wen Zhong. My ally is Jiang Ziya. They both have the same ability to multiply the attack by 250% if I dissolve three sets of Runestones. Also, a 50% chance that Heart Runes will release light and water damage.

Do I get 250% + 250% = 500% attack or 250% x 250% = 625% attack (not yet counting the +75% for three Rune combos)?

And how does the 50% Heart Runes work? Do I get 50% + 50% = 100% chance of water and light attack, or 50% x 50% = 25% chance. That would suck to get a lower percent by using a combo.

I tried breaking only Heart Runes with this combo and it did not do any damage at all. So, I'm pretty sure that the double ability is not 100%.
It's 625%. And for the 150% damage bonus when you dissolve heart runes, yes it's 100% activated when you have WZ and JZY as leader and ally, and vice versa
If you only break heart runes then it's logical that your light and water cards won't "attack" right?
Well, yes. If I break only hearts, I do expect to do some damage. Do the heart runes not work on their own?

And, when I did break some attack runes and heart runes, I did not notice extra damage. For example, if I broke red, blue, and heart runes, I notice no white damage accumulating on the white cards.

Sadly, every time I try this combo, I count on the damage from the hearts, I don't seem to get any, and then I get slaughtered.
(05-05-2014, 10:32 AM)Bing de Mouse Wrote: [ -> ]Well, yes. If I break only hearts, I do expect to do some damage. Do the heart runes not work on their own?

And, when I did break some attack runes and heart runes, I did not notice extra damage. For example, if I broke red, blue, and heart runes, I notice no white damage accumulating on the white cards.

Sadly, every time I try this combo, I count on the damage from the hearts, I don't seem to get any, and then I get slaughtered.

Breaking hearts only trigger recovery.
You must break light runes for light cards to attack.
That's why when you break blue runes, your blue cards attack but your white cards don't.
The game checks if you broke heart runes during a turn, and if you did, multiplies your light and water attack by 150%.

1.5 x 0 = 0 so if you don't break any light or blue runes, your damage will still be zero.

For skills that make runes have the effect of other runes (e.g. dissolving heart gives you light attack), it'll usually say something like "Heart runes have 100% of the effect of Light runes" and not "Dissolving Heart runes gives a chance of Light Attack x 150%". The second results in an extra multiplier, not damage on its own.
Oh and by the way, due to lack of text space, it's not written clearly on wenzhong that the 625% applies ONLY to light and water cards so don't try to make a rainbow deck with him as a leader.
Thanks agnesi. I wish they'd be more clear with these abilities. Has any English speaker properly translated all of the abilities in the game? I found this,

http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Skills-List-Part-3-Leader-Skills-and-Passive-Skills

but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a while.

And thanks, Haut. My Wen Zhong deck is Light Paladin, Nathaniel, Lightigon, and Carrie.
No offense but I don't think you have enough proper converters to make that deck work. Captain ice and minamoto would be good choices.