Tower of Saviors Forum

Full Version: Harpies and PRs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I know this has been asked a million and one times, but...

I have Loki and all of the Fate Sisters and recently cleared the Gaelle event. I have a somewhat useable Mono Dark team, being:

Loki + GSOD/4* Baph/PKOD/5* Osiris

However, I was advised that my Mono Dark team lacks utility and I'm better off levelling my Mono Fire or Mono Water deck, which currently has better utility and potential. I've also noticed that PR Urd, Verd and Idun have become highly useful in recent Lost Relic stages. Finally, I only have one Gaelle, so while I can PR the Fate Sisters, I would have to wait a while to PR Loki.

So, should I PR Fate Sisters now to better handle Lost Relic stages or should I wait for a second Gaelle to PR Loki? If Fate Sisters, which one should I PR first? I have 5* Urd, Skuld and Idun at varying levels, while Verd and Valk are 4*.

Also, regarding Harpies, I saw some people saying that it's not really worth using it on cards like Loki due to only really needing his active to burst the final boss of a stage. However, I feel that using Harpies on stuff which I need to frequently activate, such as converters, is a waste, since I can level those up using Slimes and Gnomes.

What's your opinion on this? Where do actives such as PKOE and Medea fit in on this priority list? Or do you guys need to see what I have in my inventory to give an answer?
Your dark mono doesn't lack utility, as I believe Isabelle is the only utility dark card, aside from Cheshire. She is good, but there are more better cards that can be used to take that spot, as mono teams tend to emphasize on 1 hit kills.

You lack more of cards that syngerise with your bursts, namely
Endor(PR)
Felix
Odin

I'm not sure how your dark mono compares to your other 2 since I don't know what cards you have, so I'll skip that for now.

2.Generally MH has introduced alot of 1 time battles in which cards like Idun, Verdandi shine,a lot. But the problem is that these battles are still quite rare, and most battles still rely on burst to kill, kill or be killed, Defence-team-breaker situations where they don't apply quite as well.

Whereas PR Loki is highly used in a staple dark mono for general battles, it has also excelled very well in the Gaelle/Traveller battles as well. The only drawback is that you will need 2 Gaelle to PR, which as you said, you lack.

So if you rather not wait around for the next Gaelle event, which will probably come in a couple of weeks, considering MH's routine, PRing the Moirai is also acceptable. Personally I would PR Idun first, then Urd and then Verdandi.

3.The problem I think of using harpies on Loki, or any of the norse gods, is that the gods work best with Odin as a team skill, so its best to have both of them at the same CD. If you farmed Odin during his SM and maxed his skill, then using harpies on the Gods wouldn't be a problem as 10CD is pretty short for a super burst.

Otherwise, it is much better to use harpies on cards that are non farmable, and have actives that you need to use regularly, like
Domon, CateuaRavniss,Alma, Minamoto,the SS ducks, perhaps the PR starters,Dark gargoyle golem, Ursula, etc etc.

PKOE's active is again, very situational, only limited to High Def, low hp enemies so its not important to max his CD as battles like these are rare compared to the weekly battles that are churned out.

Cards like Medea,Cassandra,Circe are also generally low on the list as they are 1 time use, and last until you die or finish the stage, so they do not require constant usage, unless you have to deactivate them for some stages. Special cards like Novalis may have to require constant deactivation so it can be considered to put harpies in him as well.
(03-22-2014, 06:18 PM)hyperemix Wrote: [ -> ]Your dark mono doesn't lack utility, as I believe Isabelle is the only utility dark card, aside from Cheshire. She is good, but there are more better cards that can be used to take that spot, as mono teams tend to emphasize on 1 hit kills.

You lack more of cards that syngerise with your bursts, namely
Endor(PR)
Felix
Odin

I'm not sure how your dark mono compares to your other 2 since I don't know what cards you have, so I'll skip that for now.

2.Generally MH has introduced alot of 1 time battles in which cards like Idun, Verdandi shine,a lot. But the problem is that these battles are still quite rare, and most battles still rely on burst to kill, kill or be killed, Defence-team-breaker situations where they don't apply quite as well.

Whereas PR Loki is highly used in a staple dark mono for general battles, it has also excelled very well in the Gaelle/Traveller battles as well. The only drawback is that you will need 2 Gaelle to PR, which as you said, you lack.

So if you rather not wait around for the next Gaelle event, which will probably come in a couple of weeks, considering MH's routine, PRing the Moirai is also acceptable. Personally I would PR Idun first, then Urd and then Verdandi.

3.The problem I think of using harpies on Loki, or any of the norse gods, is that the gods work best with Odin as a team skill, so its best to have both of them at the same CD. If you farmed Odin during his SM and maxed his skill, then using harpies on the Gods wouldn't be a problem as 10CD is pretty short for a super burst.

Otherwise, it is much better to use harpies on cards that are non farmable, and have actives that you need to use regularly, like
Domon, CateuaRavniss,Alma, Minamoto,the SS ducks, perhaps the PR starters,Dark gargoyle golem, Ursula, etc etc.

PKOE's active is again, very situational, only limited to High Def, low hp enemies so its not important to max his CD as battles like these are rare compared to the weekly battles that are churned out.

Cards like Medea,Cassandra,Circe are also generally low on the list as they are 1 time use, and last until you die or finish the stage, so they do not require constant usage, unless you have to deactivate them for some stages. Special cards like Novalis may have to require constant deactivation so it can be considered to put harpies in him as well.

Thanks for your very detailed response. ^^

What you say about my Mono Dark team is true: I neither have the utility nor the burst support. For my Mono Fire and Water, I have the following:

5* Urd
PQOW
G Slime
5* Molly
GSOA
Water ED
GSOF
5* Skuld
4* PKOF
5* Medea
5* Fire DS

What I'm worried about is not the availability of another Gaelle, but whether or not I'm able to clear it. Pretty sure I failed miserably in the previous Gaelle stage, and this recent one was a Tumbler grind. While I don't mind grinding, IDK how easy the next one would be relatively.

Regarding Harpies, it seems like most of the examples you listed are non-conventional converters. I unfortunately lack pretty much all non-conventional converters, which is probably why I'm so confused on what to use my Harpies on, lol. I do have a Dark DS, but my Dragon team is kind of eh.

5* Dark DS + Water ED/GSOA/4* Earth ED/5* Fire DS

I might end up just saving it then, until I pull a non-conventional converter.
Yea, just save your harpy, not like you have to use it immediately.

Also although you have some nice support cards for your Fire and Water mono, I feel that your Dark mono carries the most potential, followed by fire, then water.

1.You have Loki, whereas for your other 2 monos,you lack a staple leader(Hep/Tyr/Freyr/Poseidon/Elizabeth/Jackie etc etc)

2.The cards you lack for your Dark mono are have much higher availability than the cards for your other 2 mono.

Endor can be farmed and friend drawn.
Odin is a 100% drop once his SM returns.
Felix can be farmed when his event returns.

Compared to what your other 2 monos lack, like the above mentioned leaders, cards like Pisces,Beowulf,Achilles are all diamond draw only.

3. For your second Gaelle, make sure to prep your dark mono, as there is a good chance a modified dark mono can pass any Gaelle stage. Even if not, the forum battle thread always have people with creative and easy to build teams that pass, so don't worry too much about that.
Unless you plan to topup diamonds and do more diamond draws, your dark is the best so far, you got GSD, Bapho and Loki as leader this is utility enough. Since you already got Osiris (A good card) you can use him till you get better cards, your dark team can continue to improve further without any more need to do diamond draws but of cause if you want the perfect dark mono you still need to get gemini and scorpio to replace your GSD and Bapho. This is when your harpy comes in to use on scorpio, her skill is unique and there is nothing better to use harpy on then unique runes convertor cards.

Choose a color, stick with it and may i suggest to embrace the dark power Big Grin