Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(returning player advice on current meta)
Hmm Ophiuchus sub par multiplier is 3.5*2*3.5*2 prior to enchanted bonusses, so 49*, with usually +2s moving time(1 elf+ Luna) :p Smile that isn't really subpar by itself.

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(02-24-2018, 09:34 AM)Revdarian Wrote: Hmm Ophiuchus sub par multiplier is 3.5*2*3.5*2 prior to enchanted bonusses, so 49*, with usually +2s moving time(1 elf+ Luna) :p Smile that isn't really subpar by itself.

Some meta teams boiled down to their multipliers (tried to avoid stuff with alternative multipliers here):

Ophiuchus: 49x
Daoloth: 70x
Azathoth: 41x (LOWER than Ophi, yet widely considered high damage and most popular pick from All Max)
Atlantis: 81x
Rose: 30x
Water Bride: 36x
Zhurong: 39x
Xiaohou Dun: 36x
Hideyoshi: 36x

The only card to break 100 without team members is Amaterasu at 126x and she's far from the best card among these, because her full bursting condition is hard to achieve consistently. The standard multiplier for a team that has no alternative multipliers (combo boosting, equivalency, freeform dissolve) is somewhere between 30x and 40x, and even slightly below that you get teams like Loki (20x) and Arthur (27x + some equivalency) who are still playable because of strong member pools.

So yeah, multipliers are more inflated in our minds than they are in reality.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(02-24-2018, 03:48 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 09:34 AM)Revdarian Wrote: Hmm Ophiuchus sub par multiplier is 3.5*2*3.5*2 prior to enchanted bonusses, so 49*, with usually +2s moving time(1 elf+ Luna) :p Smile that isn't really subpar by itself.

Some meta teams boiled down to their multipliers (tried to avoid stuff with alternative multipliers here):

Ophiuchus: 49x
Daoloth: 70x
Azathoth: 41x (LOWER than Ophi, yet widely considered high damage and most popular pick from All Max)
Atlantis: 81x
Rose: 30x
Water Bride: 36x
Zhurong: 39x
Xiaohou Dun: 36x
Hideyoshi: 36x

The only card to break 100 without team members is Amaterasu at 126x and she's far from the best card among these, because her full bursting condition is hard to achieve consistently. The standard multiplier for a team that has no alternative multipliers (combo boosting, equivalency, freeform dissolve) is somewhere between 30x and 40x, and even slightly below that you get teams like Loki (20x) and Arthur (27x + some equivalency) who are still playable because of strong member pools.

So yeah, multipliers are more inflated in our minds than they are in reality.

Azathoth and Rose's multipliers look low, but guaranteed skydrop damage is in itself an alternative multiplier, boosting rune and combo damage (see VR Greek which has guaranteed skydrop damage as its only multiplier). Granted, exactly how much additional damage per turn will often vary wildly based on board and player skill, but it does make a fairly significant contribution to damage. Things like enchanted rune/race rune conversion also shouldn't really be overlooked as alternative multipliers.  

ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Vishnu, Brahma, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
yep haha i find that the elemental shields and other shields are really a challenge to beat especially since my rune spinning skills are not very good haha.  i think the worst shields for me are 5 x elementals and high combo shields. xiaohou team seems very appealing since she seem to be able to break those shields much more easily with her leader special skills.( im not sure about new shields havent seen them yet haha.

update on my progress:
I just tested xiahou dun and i love her hidden skill of giving a free 3x combos every turn which gurantees all 3 elements of earth,dark and fire attacks the same round haha.
was thinking of testing this team: xiahou dun (L),  PR circe, PR medea, Zhurong, bedivre, Xiahou(A)
(i think this team defeats xiahous counterattack skill because of medea but I need to test it first to see max damage!)

I cant wait to test Zhurong with xiahous setup. its like her leader skill is made for zhurong so newbs can use it haha. 10x team attack every 5 turns with the special condition of 3 or more attributes of runestone dissolved to charge her points(oh hey xiahous special skill give me auto 3 free different attributes per turn haha)

its also very broken against 5 element shields since i only need match light + water to break the shield.

update: i just drew Lancelot and i think hes not too bad on xiahous counterattack if his 4x attack buff on himself is possible to use to counterattack with that insane damage haha.

i have 200+ ancient coins now i think. i guess the next ancient seal i can use it to get some good stuff? haha

thank you all for all your replies! haha I am reading each one thoroughly to try and update how should i go about building my new teams!
Hmm. My thing about Xiaohou is that I actually think you want to put some dragons or gods in there so she can take a hit and her active won't be so terrible. Her HP is very low with just the synergy humans and demons, but there's really nothing to stop you from bulking her up with something like Shakuro or Khaos or even Nidhogg (though his actives won't be that good so he's mostly for stats), replace Medea with Fire Bride if ever you manage to get her. Counterattack damage is lower, but getting one shot means her counterattacks do zero damage, so better lower than zero.

Zhurong is also a pretty good leader, and the most flexible of the current outgoing series. I think in time she'll prove to be really great.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Xiahou Dun's active only gives 1.5x damage at max, so really you could just replace Lancelot (4x) with AR Pollux (6x) and lose no damage, lol. Actually, you'd even gain damage because AR Pollux doesn't require getting hit on the turn before to have 1.5x more damage than Lancelot. Plus the HP is better, plus you get a heart converter in case XHD eats all your heart runes with the auto convert, etc.

The one XHD transmigration clear team I saw, pretty much relied on Pollux and Odin for damage and increased HP, Shyplant and Diablo to boost recovery. (Yes, that pretty much means XHD's active is useless.)

If you're curious about new shields, you could take a couple of shots at the transmigration An Uphill Battle. A lot of the more awful recent stuff has made it in there. Combo trojans, locked boards, 50% rec-vortex-kamikaze, HP1 + recovery lock followed by ambush, CD3 Quintet Enchanted Shield, etc.
ID: 40 944 239  
Allies (All/Dbl Max): Darkness, Aqua, Kurama
Other Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELDW), Hiei, Vishnu, Brahma, Azathoth, Daoloth, PR Haza, etc.
1.hm i guess i could do a damage comparison with AR pollux and lancelot when i have maxed both haha.(considering AR pollux giving a nice set of enchanted heart stones and lancelot giving a good damage set but poor sustain). 

As for Xiahou dun's low hp stats. I think I can use Lu xun to solve that problem instead of a high hp unit since hes a human(who has abv avg hp stats) with a damage reduction skill which seems pretty good to work with in her team. thanks for pointing that out haha.