Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back after a long hiatus, what cards to get
Hi all, I am back to playing after a long hiatus of 2years+.
I find it hard to beat some of the current stages with my old decks; PR fox, PR greek & norse gods, PR Zodiac gods, past seal bosses and some other cards that were pretty good 2years ago. But seems like the mobs has higher damage and much higher HP, and older cards are just not able to dish out high damage.
So my questions are, 
1. what are the "must have" cards of this current version?
2. Is it worth spending my diamonds on the current seal draw event (lu dong bing, he xian gu etc)
3. Are older decks still relevant after PR/VR/AR? Dont want to waste my time on them if they're not useful anymore

Thanks all.

Cool, welcome back! The power creep is real indeed, but, luckily, as of late MH has been generous in the amount of diamonds you can earn per week what with the Arena and all. As for your questions:

1. http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Oriceles-Meta-Analysis-15-1-Tier-list-14-3-2018?highlight=oriceles%27. This is an analysis of meta leaders that you should read up on. Also do check out the new Meta Discussion Subforum

2. The current special seal has not been rated very highly among players, not to mention the rate up day for the 3 rares have already passed so I'd save up for the next seal if I were you.

3. A lot of the "classic" leaders and members of old have undergone changes, some better than others. I'll list out some notable series:

• VR Greeks - MH has outdone themselves for this particular VR. No longer do you need to rely solely on luck for damage which makes it so much more stable. Particular members take them from great to amazing but even without them you can pretty much gather up what cards you have and still make a decent team. I went from "meh" to loving them after their upgrade. 
  • PR Primal Greeks - Aether, Phanes and Gaia are all pretty strong with Phanes and Gaia now having the highest natural multiplier in the game (albeit you won't be able to complete all conditions for max multiplier most of the time). Pontos and Erebus I'd rank lower just because they need very specific members that are hard to get to make them worthwhile. 
  • PR Origin of Demons - All of em' pack a serious punch but being demons your HP will suffer a bit so you'd want members with higher HP to offset that. For WFE you'd want at least one fast converter to capitalize on the max multiplier of their leader skill. For light you'd normally go with the 2x PR Lucifer + Luna combo and a filler demon and as for dark we now have great self boosters in the form of AR Zodiacs. More on that later.
  • PR Sprites/Newborn elves - What's not to like? Low investment, easy to farm and decent upgrades to both their active and leader skills. WFE in particular have become very solid members for a number of teams. Also, they are able to ally with Khaos (9th seal boss) for stable, pseudo-grind setups. 
  • PR Descendants of the North - Member-oriented series. Decent upgrades for Swegde, Modi & Magni and Vali (water, light, earth). 
  • VR Norse - High investment team in terms of both team cost and materials required. I'd leave them out for now unless you have tons of materials lying around and/or enjoy the classic gameplay of a beefed-up Norse team.
  • VR Blood fiends - Again, similar to Norse with the high investment and lower returns compared to some other series'. However, if you have certain members like the haunted objects biweekly for fire and water they can be pretty decent. All their NVR forms also have nice unique actives. 
  • AR Zodiacs - A lot of them are pretty good now what with their now amazing stats and nice buffs to their active or an added passive. Special mentions go to Gemini, Scorpio, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aries for the standouts of this series. AR Investiture is also around the horizon so stay tuned for that as well. 

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: FEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
thanks for the info. will read the URL.
one more question. Why isit that some cards are animated while some aren't even tho they r of the same character?

Oh welcome back
Firstly, join a guild i recommend orange juice 3755 or something like that idk if its wrong ill edit
Secondly, you have good base pr cards
Thirdly, the person on top wrote everything
Fourthly, for the costume question, only rares from recent series get them or sm bosses.
Lastly, Join orange juice guild gooood.
Hmm. In terms of "must have," I'll say the following are important and you should basically try to fill these in as a checklist, it's okay if there's overlap, the best teams fulfill multiple categories. In no particular order:

1) A high persistent damage team. Good examples: Azathoth, Lunafer, Phanes/Gaia, any form of stacked enchantresses on a decent base (Arthur, Zhurong, some Khaos variants).
2) A high recovery team that can withstand hits. Good examples: Rose and Sakura, Maya, Atlantis, Water Bride, Tan Sanzang, some Khaos variants.
3) A high combo team, or a team that helps spin extra combos with time extend and guaranteed skydrop. Good examples: Greeks, Maya, Guan Yu, Azathoth, Sakura.
4) A high burst damage team (much higher than what is considered normal for teams). Good examples: Amaterasu, Ghroth.
5) A mindless team, for farming. Good examples: Izanagi, Greeks, Daoloth.

Important members to have as many variations (in terms of race and element) of as possible. These are in order of highest to lowest priority:
1) Persistent boosters (enchantress effects) and self boosters (similar to enchantresses but only applies to the one card using them).
2) Burst boosters who gives at least an effective 2x for every 8 CD, nowadays it's beginning to be more standard for it to be 6 CD.
3) Converter who is capable of converting at least 3 attacking runes for each 3 CD.
4) Time tunnels (Daji's active) at 8 CD and below.
5) Board exploders and board converts below 10 CD. The former is better than the latter.
6) Board or at least quintet enchants.
7) Snipers.
8) Multiattack cards capable of attacking at least 20 times.
9) Delay cards.
10) Attribute change cards.
11) Unlock cards.

I might be missing something, but I'd say that's a pretty good grocery list.
[Image: 6vGgbAU.png]UID: 86478773