Tower of Saviors Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your thoughts on TOS being a clone of P&D
03-19-2013, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 09:32 AM by kptran.)
Your thoughts on TOS being a clone of P&D
So just wondering what your thoughts are about this game being a clone of Puzzle and Dragons, although the most unique clone. and Trust me, I've played a LOT of clones out there and this one comes closest to being the most different, although there seems to be balance issues with the monsters on this game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Your thoughts on TOS being a clone of P&D
As far as I am concerned, I am glad there are clones out there. I cant get puzzle and dragon on my app store (as they only realeased it in Japan and US app store but not the rest of the world).

God knows why they did that it, they must have had their reasons but regardless I am glad there are clones out there.

I know there are people saying these are clones so they are all cheap copycats but the fact is if there were no clones I and many other players would be denied the pleasure of these RPG match 3 card games.
Furthermore, by having clones and competition is how a gane genre improves itself but that is another topic all together.

Besides this, Puzzle and dragon looks very similar to dragems, while i do play dragems - the graphics are almost too cartoony and childish for me. If P&D was available (which it isnt) i doubt id be too into it anyway. Feels like a kiddie version of TOS and JD Once again, and because of this, I am glad there games like Jewel Dragon and TOS available, that looks different and play different.
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Is every rpg game a clone of Final Fantsy 1?

It depends how we look at it but definitely good for us players to have more games to choose and play.
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Final Fantasy was also a clone of a large number of RPGs from Taiwan which employed that same party-based narrative system - FF was just the first to use English and hence gain a wide market. Even games like Heroes of Might and Magic were done by Taiwanese game companies way before the ideas were picked up and presented in the all-important English. If Tower of Saviours was only in Chinese, it'd still have a great following, but so many of us would have missed out.

On topic, I've never heard of P&D, but I love Tower of Saviours, and it doesn't bother me that the gameplay may have borrowed elements from other games here and there, in the same way that it doesn't bother me that Heroes of Might and Magic was just "The other side of Predella" in English, but man, it was much more beautiful and polished than Predella ever was. I suspect the same will apply to Tower of Saviours' predecessors.

[Image: bd7cfb6a.jpg]
03-19-2013, 04:29 PM
If you're living outside of US or Japan, all it takes to get P&D is to change the language preference and make an itunes account there. If you're really bend on not playing it unless it's released in your region then well (oo;)
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Played it on my android device and the graphics were giving me an eyesore... ToS has a much more refined and matured look than that kiddie piece of crap. Just notice how much detail and effort goes into the creation of 200+ cards unlike the awful looking 2D sprites (which looks more like a clone of ToS LOL).

Props to Madhead for their stellar game on the iOS/Android market, beats the hell out of Square Enix with their recently released cash grab game on the iOS...
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
(03-19-2013 04:29 PM)Fluffles Wrote:  If you're living outside of US or Japan, all it takes to get P&D is to change the language preference and make an itunes account there. If you're really bend on not playing it unless it's released in your region then well (ooWink

More accounts means more hassle, not to mention when you buy itunes credit.

Sorry, if they cant be bother to respect other regions apart from Japan and US then I cant be bothered to play it.
03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I was quite annoyed as I'm Australian and I only have an Android.
PnD is exclusive to Japan and North America...
JD is exclusive to iPhone...
So I'm glad to be able to play ToS. I also prefer the graphics of ToS over the others as well, though I wouldn't mind playing the others if I could.
03-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Have you tried Dragon Island Blue, cost 0.99c but its well worth it, fun to play and has not energy timer so can play as much as you want
03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
I prefer P&D overall but Tos has some preferable features.