Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which card should I dump Harpies on?
Urk, hello, everyone... ((I hope this is in the right board, if it isn't, mods, please move this.))

So, yes, the title: I have about 5 big harpies in storage and box and several smaller ones sitting in my box and not paying rent, and I'm wondering which of the cards I'm using should get a bit of help with their CD. Or should I bide my time to dump on other cards and/or manually grind these cards' CDs instead?

Cards:

Water
Xiao Xue
Ao Guang
Molly
Freyr
Water Paladin

Fire
Yu Er

Wood
Jing Chou

Light
Minamoto
Pluma

Dark
Artemis
Dark Xi ((Not PR'd. Yet.))
Midgley
Grumpy Puppy ((will be fed to Alma as soon as she's pulled))

Other cards that I haven't worked on yet:
Cassandra((Technically Princess of Troy...))
Beowulf
Scrubia
Gretchen
Elizabeth
Mu Yue ((I swear, this game ships me with my mono-water))
Yuanshi Tianzun
All the other starters
Flame Golem and Melog
Armstrong
Achilles
Athena
Mufasa
Isabel

Now the question is, which of these is your main deck?

How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
...and maybe which cards are already skill level 9 and above (I know of some players who would use harpies at slvl 8 and those who would only use them at slvl 10). Harpies are too precious to be used prior to that and 5 harpies isn't all that much.

At one point, I had like 10 harpies in my storage and patiently waited till my Nezha hit skill level 10 before PR-ing him and feeding it 5 harpies (and later Amel IV it for ALL MAX). I recently spent another 5 on Ursula (Dragon Maiden) on the day it hit slvl 10 (because dragons are my main deck and it is nice having another ALL MAX card so there's that).

Assuming water is your main deck, Xiao Xue, Ao Guang, Molly (post PR), and Cassandra are all good candidates. Probably one of Xiao Xue or Ao Guang first, whichever is your main converter.

And yes, you probably want to wait until SLVL 8 at least before using a big harpy. The difference between SLVL 8 and SLVL 9 is 500 battle rounds, or 2.5 baby harpies. There is no difference between using them at SLVL 9 or SLVL 10. Personally I prefer to use big harpies once the card hits SLVL 8 (getting the benefits early is worth the 2.5 baby harpy difference to me) but of course opinions vary.

And I would suggest dumping most if not all baby harpies on the card you plan to use big harpies on to get it to SLVL 8 (or 9) as soon as possible. You can check the skill progress on the card now so you can plan it properly.
From the cards you posted, I think water Norse would be a pretty decent team to start with.

1) PR Freyr + PR Ao Guang / PR Molly / Beowulf / Scrubia + PR Daji
2) PR Freyr + Cassandra / Xiao Xue / PR Molly / Beowulf + PR Daji

This team should be able to wreck havoc. But once you get better cards (i.e. Odin etc), some of these cards might be replaced. I assume you will want to use harpies on cards that will be the most useful when that happens. As such, I'd recommend harpies only on Molly and Ao Guang as both of them will go into many teams. Harpy Freyr only after you get Odin.

So Molly and Ao Guang are both your priority. Molly is extremely brutal with Daji as ally... and with both max, your first big burst occurs on turn 6.

If you opt for team 2, Ao Guang is removed due to his low recovery. I'd exercise caution in using your limited harpies on Cass / Xiao Xue as they will force you heavily into both human/water heavy teams or an RGB Xuan Yuan team. This is something I'd avoid early on as it severely limits your team building options.

*Freyr can be replaced with Elizabeth too. But I'd pick Freyr as the default team for difficult battles.
ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

Oh, thanks, everyone! And I *just* remembered that Xiao Xue is known as SSS for most of you here because MH translations. Sorry.

By the way, is there a guide here that explains the Battle Round system?

@Blitzkriag
Mains are Freyr and Assembly of Rings.

@fzian and winter
Wow. Alright, I probably am jumping the shark quite a bit from what you two are saying. Thank you for letting me know, then!
Plus, that's pretty amazing of you to do that, fzian, I know I don't have the patience to get to CD 10 before feeding.

@Ixidor
Er, since you're helping me with my team((s)), should I post all my cards instead of just the ones with non-farmable skillup mats?
(03-12-2015, 08:24 AM)Magewyrm Wrote: By the way, is there a guide here that explains the Battle Round system?
Sorta

There are a few rule of thumb when skill levelling.
1. Avoid feeding Harpy to a card under skill level 8 (so far I haven't done it on any card under skill level 10).
2. Feeding a Baby Harpy to a card brings it from skill level 1 to skill level 5.
3. Feeding 5 Baby Harpies to a card brings it from skill level 1 to skill level 7
4. Your cards have a chance of levelling up if you feed it with another card of the exact same skill name. For example, feeding Honeymon to a Verdandi (before power release) gives a random chance of levelling up its skill. It is good habit to check the wikia on this so that you don't accidentally evolve a card that could have been easily skill levelled this way.
5. It is theoretically possible to get additional skill ups when you feed a harpy/baby harpy to Medusa though that is like saying that it is possible to get a lucky skill level up if you feed Madheads to Urd.

There are probably a few other tips but those are some of the prominent points that I can think of now. Personally, I think the prioritisation of harpies should go to (in no particular hierarchy): -
1. Cards you use most (no point feeding a harpy to a card that you will use rarely)
2. Cards you can use in multiple decks (because of this, I tend to prioritise, say, harpy to Ao Guang over Freyr. YMMV)
3. Cards that you can't easily skill level (eg.: Avoid feeding harpies to any cards with Offensive Stance - Water / Fire / Earth / etc. Heck, I won't even spend a baby harpy on this card)
4. Really, really good converters
5. Really, really useful damage boosters and utilities

You will notice that many of the advice you get tend to be converters (PR Molly counts as both a really, really good pseudo converter, a utility of sorts and a damage booster!).

(03-12-2015, 08:24 AM)Magewyrm Wrote: @fzian and winter
Wow. Alright, I probably am jumping the shark quite a bit from what you two are saying. Thank you for letting me know, then!
Plus, that's pretty amazing of you to do that, fzian, I know I don't have the patience to get to CD 10 before feeding.

It is less impressive than it sounds. I got Ursula pretty early on and I just hit 200 days of playing today. Given that I used a dragon deck since the first-second month of playing the game, that's plenty of battle round really (I think I dumped 2-3 baby harpies on her when my inventory is full) Tongue

As for Nezha, I used him to skill level other cards (due to its ridiculous leader skill). Over time, I guess his skill level must have grown along with the other cards he levelled.

(03-12-2015, 08:24 AM)Magewyrm Wrote: @Ixidor
Er, since you're helping me with my team((s)), should I post all my cards instead of just the ones with non-farmable skillup mats?
Not Ixidor but it won't hurt if you post all your cards -- it will certainly help others figure out which cards you have that can be used in multiple teams (and hence worthy of the almighty harpy).
Thanks for the link!
... Wait, how did I get Cheyun from CD3->CD8 by feeding her 4 CD3 Zhi Da Shu, then? According to the guide I wouldn't have been able to reach 2.4k rounds from that...

(03-12-2015, 11:40 AM)fzian Wrote: Not Ixidor but it won't hurt if you post all your cards -- it will certainly help others figure out which cards you have that can be used in multiple teams (and hence worthy of the almighty harpy).

Alright, then. Warning: This is going to be a long list.
Do note that if I can't remember their English name off the top of my head I'll use a loosely translated one of their Chinese name.

Water

God of Victory, Freyr
Paladin Queen of Water ((Unless MH changed the paladins' names with that update too.))
Princess of Troy
Dragon King of the East Sea, Ao Guang ((Need one more Mosasaur))
Great Sage Molly
Yuki-onna ((I certainly hope none of you suggest I harpy her...))
Beowulf
Nu Wa's Heavenly Stone, Xiao Xue
Scrubia the Vengeful Demi-Dragon
Gretchen and Heisenberg
Yuanshi Tianzun
Elizabeth
Mu Yue
Icy Melog
Treasure Pirate
Paladin Duck Queen

Fire
Zheque and the Sage of Light
Vouvire
"Cauldron" of Divinity, Yu Er
Knight Sean ((Yes, I need to evo all the rest of my starters.))
Salamander Golem
Strengthened Mechanical Lion
Flamisaur ((Please don't.))
Cerberus ((Already max skilled. Tongue))
Armstrong the City Taker ((I think his name was changed too, was it?))
Achilles
Taeyang
Quirky Inquiros
Flame Melog

Wood
Druid Duncan ((I mean it.))
Armorode ((Please.))
Jade Golem
Athena
Mufasa
Lu Cheng Xuan ((Would be leveled, but I don't want to touch him as he's trolled me too much on the dang XYJ Machine...))
Si Kong Yu
Last Young Prince, Chen Jing Chou
Verdandi the Valkyrie of Kismet ((Unless they changed her's too...)) ((Max skilled. I wasn't feeling very smart that day.))

Light
Viscount Nathaniel
Beckoning Splendor Tulzscha
Merry Puppy
Sacred Songstress-Yan ((For PR))
Nian x4
Keeper of the Sacred Apples, Idun
Minamoto no Tsubone
Pluma the Sky-high Outlaw
Lonely God of Wine, Dionysis ((Max skilled.))
Cheyun/Jyu Yun and Cloud Fox
Marguerite

Dark
Soul Reaper Valkyrie
Night Songstress Xi
Moonlight Huntress Artemis
Shen Gong Bao ((Actually evo'd, but I can't figure out his title.))
Midgley
Dark Paladin Duck
Faugun the Horror of the Hills ((Again, unless MH changed it.))
Isabel
The Grumpy Puppy
Yan Feng and Mu Yun
Guide Endor ((Erk...))

Then other various assorted evo mats, soulstones, chickens/carps/rabbits/pumpkins, etc.

.... You did mean *all* of them, right?
(03-12-2015, 01:01 PM)Magewyrm Wrote: Thanks for the link!
... Wait, how did I get Cheyun from CD3->CD8 by feeding her 4 CD3 Zhi Da Shu, then? According to the guide I wouldn't have been able to reach 2.4k rounds from that...

Probably due to lucky skill level.
What's that?