Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water - Weakest Link?
I personally love water, with the release Abe, Atrahasis and Douman, I find that water lack something that boost it up to hit as hard.

I observed when using
R - Shubb Niggurath, Ninurta
G - Dumuzi + Circe
L - Inanna, Wukong
D - Namtar, XY Duo, Sagittarius, Ed (seriously, might as well make him dark)
Though, one may argue, water has utility cards whIch are good but I cannot help but realise how weak water team is, if, Madhead decides to make SM (extremely difficult) and NM, well nightmare, literally, water deck may just fall short, really short.

That's just my 2 cents, if this thread has been discuss. I probably missed it.

But water deck, aside from Douman and Atrahasis, I don't see any other viable deck.

Cool Throwing dimes to expand friendlist. Cool  

68313777 - me ID.
Cactus Belly

Regular Ally: 
LHY (E Daji- D Max)
PR Daji (All Max) 
Dumuzi (Current leader) & Atrahasis (All Max)
PR Greek God (Heph, Artemis, Apollo)

I have many unusual leaders as well, so yes, please add/pm me if you need any. 
If you take away all the Babylon team, you would see that most attribute are left with only 1 viable team(according your list that is, I personally think there are more viable teams out there you missed out), so water isnt that far behind. And I dont see Abe in your list? This newest addition is actually quite strong.

Besides, there is really, really no point in making all attribute similar. It wouldnt be fun, and everyone would just end up using L/D team, RGB teams would be even more obsolete.

[Image: 7208d32f.jpg]
Just to point out, water also has Giesma teams available to them WITHOUT the need to ally a yanxi which gives water even more versatility.

ID: 60302480

Allies available: Inanna (All Max), Dumuzi (All Max) PR Apollo (All Max), PR Virgo (All max), VR Freyja (All Max), Stolas (Ame II), Huang Fu Duo (Max lvl, Ame IV), PR Yang Jian (Max lvl, Max CD), PR Athena (All Max), Beelzebub (All Max), Samael (All Max) Jia Rou (Ame IV, set on weekends), Satan, Guan Yu, Lu bu. 
Dont forget douman its been use to clear most difficult sm, nm.
(06-14-2015, 03:00 PM)Enchanterion Wrote: If you take away all the Babylon team, you would see that most attribute are left with only 1 viable team(according your list that is, I personally think there are more viable teams out there you missed out), so water isnt that far behind. And I dont see Abe in your list? This newest addition is actually quite strong.

Besides, there is really, really no point in making all attribute similar. It wouldnt be fun, and everyone would just end up using L/D team, RGB teams would be even more obsolete.
Well, that is within reasons (well according to the availability of my deck), I have many that go toe to toe with water deck, I'm not saying water isn't strong. But I think water lack good leader or cards that are versatile

We can take away Babylon, we're left with Norse, with Enchantresses in the picture, I still think water is well, behind.

Geimsa, without the ally of RGB Yan Xi isn't impressive. Also, bear in mind that about 70% of the crowd isn't able to clear Geimsa just yet.

I also agree that all deck shouldn't be played the same, but somehow I think that each element should champion in something just as the card's attribute.

I am just statingy opinion, but I loved to hear from Avid water deck user. More discussion appreciated. It's a forum afterall.

68313777 - me ID.
Cactus Belly

Regular Ally: 
LHY (E Daji- D Max)
PR Daji (All Max) 

(06-14-2015, 03:10 PM)deathexe Wrote: Just to point out, water also has Giesma teams available to them WITHOUT the need to ally a yanxi which gives water even more versatility.
But you also need to remember, Geimsa is very race specific, it doesn't have many versatility when it comes to specific shield or specific rounds. It's an awesome water booster but, lining up a deck with Geimsa, you're left with just Gods and Fiend, which water is still struggling to have versatility on.

68313777 - me ID.
Cactus Belly

Regular Ally: 
LHY (E Daji- D Max)
PR Daji (All Max) 

(06-14-2015, 02:29 PM)CactusBelly Wrote: Though, one may argue, water has utility cards whIch are good but I cannot help but realise how weak water team is, if, Madhead decides to make SM (extremely difficult) and NM, well nightmare, literally, water deck may just fall short, really short.

Eh, doesn't that applies to all other attributes too, like literally. I don't see how Water is going to fall really short. Take Chen Fu's SM for example - Douman team completely triumphs over any other mono decks. It might be different now with so many new cards released, but Douman has yet to be fully outclassed - at least not for now. Yeah I know how you mentioned about other than Douman or even Abe/Athrahasis aside, Water is lacking for the most part. Read below.

(06-14-2015, 02:29 PM)CactusBelly Wrote: But water deck, aside from Douman and Atrahasis, I don't see any other viable deck.

Again, by your logic for all other attribute decks other than those you've listed, there isn't any viable deck either which is clearly false.

In all honesty, Freyr (I cleared Diablo's NM with it in a few tries, 0 diamond) and Poseidon is still viable (like their counterparts in other attributes, it's just that the release of Babylons more or less overshadowed them). Not forgetting Syiao Syue - one of the team that I've been using the most in the last 2 Joint Ops. Also, Cassandra. Definitely the strongest (IMO) out of the enchantress albeit with the most drawback too, but the damage boost is undeniably amazing.

Viable decks aside, as someone has already mentioned about this in some other thread I  came across , in end-game your spinning skills is largely a factor. Of course, it'll be better if you tackle the stage with a relatively stronger team but your fingers are the one that makes wonders - making impossible things, possible which is what keeps the game so interesting.
Error 101: Signature not found.
(06-14-2015, 03:41 PM)CactusBelly Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 03:10 PM)deathexe Wrote: Just to point out, water also has Giesma teams available to them WITHOUT the need to ally a yanxi which gives water even more versatility.
But you also need to remember, Geimsa is very race specific, it doesn't have many versatility when it comes to specific shield or specific rounds. It's an awesome water booster but, lining up a deck with Geimsa, you're left with just Gods and Fiend, which water is still struggling to have versatility on.

And ixidor if you're reading this too, it's not Gemsia but Giemsa. G i e m s a. Sorry I just have to, I mean come on how long has it been since Giemsa has been released? Just a 'lil OCD from my part.  Sad
Error 101: Signature not found.
Water is the best of any world, considering this:
Full board to single rune conversion --> checked
High recovery, healer and even anti-healing --> checked, cassi for exemple
Defense breaker --> checked, KKK dragon.
High damage --> double check, douman and abe, best bromance.
Color-racism booster --> checked, beowulf
Turn-base booster --> checked aquarius.
Please don't forget elizabeth team
Evader >.< Octopus Ursula
Did i say tumblr? bcuz badass TUMBLR Queen XD

Arg, i forgot staller, URDDDD the staller.
Water has Cassandra too.