Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPN teleportation
i used Windscribe, it's free but has a 2GB a month limit. i think it's better than the 7 day trial options if all you want it for is the event specials

(05-29-2018, 02:44 AM)Fremen Wrote: Hello,
Anyone that uses android actually managed to bypass region lock? Neither Hola or NordVPN seem to work. Appreciate answers, thank you very much!

NordVPN works fine for me. I originally tried Taiwan and it didn't work but the Hong Kong servers are working fine for me.

(07-18-2018, 08:16 PM)emailtim Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 02:44 AM)Fremen Wrote: Hello,
Anyone that uses android actually managed to bypass region lock? Neither Hola or NordVPN seem to work. Appreciate answers, thank you very much!

NordVPN works fine for me. I originally tried Taiwan and it didn't work but the Hong Kong servers are working fine for me.

I tried VPN Master and first it just didn't change regions and then when I tried again it said it couldn't connect to the ToS server.
Is there an actual detailed guide of what to do?
I'm confused about waiting time. Do I have to wait? Downloading the patch. Does it only work if I'm in the other region before downloading the patch? Do I have to redownload data? Etc.

Basically it seems random--for some people it works, for some it doesn't. Is there a step by step troubleshooting guide somewhere?

I’m also using windscribe and finding it works consistently. I was initially using tunnel bear, but having trouble with that one
(10-06-2018, 06:18 AM)caius76 Wrote: I’m also using windscribe and finding it works consistently.  I was initially using tunnel bear, but having trouble with that one

So what exactlyexa you do. Open VPN then open ToS and you're set?
And if you open without VPN you're back in your home Rregio no issues?
(10-06-2018, 07:55 AM)Ainvar Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 06:18 AM)caius76 Wrote: I’m also using windscribe and finding it works consistently.  I was initially using tunnel bear, but having trouble with that one

Do stuff in this order:

1. open your VPN app
2. connect to HK/TW/SG/wherever is inside the collab region
3. open TOS. If the title screen is not konosuba and the background music is not fantastic dreamer, then your VPN isn't working.
4. once TOS is open, you can turn the VPN off. Your game will stay in the event region until you exit the game (although doing some actions may possibly disconnect you. If possible, I recommend you keep the VPN on just to avoid any issues like these happening)
5. To exit the event region and return to your home region, close TOS and relaunch the game without the VPN.
Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally all max Megumin)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+

Retired from TOS. Only playing semi-actively. Message me on Discord if you need me: CursedBlackCat#7801
The caveat to point 4 is that you need VPN on to complete the cabbage quest, because the quests screen is tied to your current VPN status for some reason. Otherwise you can switch it off.
Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
(10-06-2018, 09:13 AM)TheCatGod Wrote:

Do stuff in this order:

1. open your VPN app
3. open TOS. If the title screen is not konosuba and the background music is not fantastic dreamer, then your VPN isn't working.
4. once TOS is open, you can turn the VPN off. Your game will stay in the event region until you exit the game (although doing some actions may possibly disconnect you. If possible, I recommend you keep the VPN on just to avoid any issues like these happening)
5. To exit the event region and return to your home region, close TOS and relaunch the game without the VPN.
Thank you. I tried a couple more times and eventually it worked. To be clear--madhead doesn't punish this behavior?
(10-07-2018, 01:41 AM)Ainvar Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 09:13 AM)TheCatGod Wrote:

Do stuff in this order:

1. open your VPN app
Thank you. I tried a couple more times and eventually it worked. To be clear--madhead doesn't punish this behavior?

I don't think there's any official statement from Madhead regarding VPN, but many players, myself included, have done it for many region-locked events (disney, HxH, konosuba, just to name a few), so I think it is safe to say that they will not punish the usage of VPN to access region-locked content.
Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally all max Megumin)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+

Retired from TOS. Only playing semi-actively. Message me on Discord if you need me: CursedBlackCat#7801
This is what I've learned about VPN and Madhead in the many years I've played. When Disney was a collaboration, VPN was against the terms of service and some people lost their accounts. Not everyone, but some. A while ago, there was an issue with English servers and Madhead told people to use VPN until they could fix the issue. At that point, lawfully, I don't think they can punish anyone for using a VPN. I also think that they have recommended using a VPN if you want to participate in the collaborations, but I'm not 100% on that. I do know that as a company, you can't punish someone for following said companies advice. If you really want to know, read the terms of service. If it still says VPN is illegal, then it's up to you