Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Top Five Dragon Decks And How To Use Them (Including Dragon Fusion Decks)
Exclamation 
First of all greetings to all the summoners out there especially to the Dragon lovers (you rock!) Big Grin

For those who didn't know, i am known as Nitecat and had just got promoted to Super Moderator recently by the votes of you guys and the graciousness of the Admin of the forum.

It has been my honour to share my thoughts, brainstorm or even assist you guys previously and i will humbly continue to do so as long as i am able to.

In a personal celebration of my promotion here i will write up a new thread that i believe can help some of you fellow summoners.

This is a thread regarding about the top 5 Dragon decks and how to actually utilize them, the reason i have decided to write up this thread up is because of the overwhelming response and enquries on the Dragons these days.

The countdown of top 5 will start from top to bottom for more suspense Big Grin

P.s. Will also include the pros and cons for a better understanding of the decks Smile

Legend:

WTL - Will To Live hidden bonus attack stats
TDR -The Dragon Race hidden bonus attack stats

5th Place: Rainbow Etheral Dragon Deck

[Image: 496408f5.jpg]

Light ED (leader) x 130% WTL
Fire ED x130% WTL
Water ED x 130% WTL
Earth ED x 130% WTL
Earth DS
+
Dark ED (ally) x130% WTL

Comments:

Reason this deck is in top 5? Without this deck you can forget about fighting some battles with Dragons, they are:
- Midnight Joker
- Nidhogg
- Zodiac Court Of Virgo
- 6th Seal Earth Golem
- Etc

Usage:

1. When the cd of converter EDs are maxed this team is capable of converting runes to heart every 1.7 turn and healing up toa max of 40k++ in 1 turn (My personal record)

2. Earth DS ensures every 5 turns will reduce damage by 60%

3. In Midnight Joker battle casting Light & Dark ED active = instant death to boss.

Pros & Cons

Pros: Extremely versatile semi offence + defence deck that is capable for using in most stages including 6th seal.

Cons: Damage is uncomaprable to any of the other offensive Dragon decks and such weakness can prove to be fatal in stages that enemies can one shot you even when Earth DS's active is utilized.

Fourth Place: Fire & Water Fusion

[Image: 0296585b.jpg]

Fire DS (leader) x130% TDR
Fire ED x 130% TDR
Seth
Ao Guang
Water ED x130% TDR
+
Water DS (ally) x130% TDR

Comments:

This team will never run out of runes needed due to it being a Fusion type deck however, playing a fusion type of either fire/earth/water will always require some practice.

In this deck although Ao Guang is a better choice but if you do not have Ao Guang, a GSOA can replace him as well.

Usage:

For a fire mix water deck you will always require to convert the water runes first, followed by fire and not the other way round.

Utilize the active skill in this manner

Ao Guang => Fire ED => Fire DS => Water DS => Burst
OR
Water ED => GSOA => Fire ED = Fire DS = Water DS => Burst

Pros & Cons

Pros: Dual type damage which means no weakness, will also not run out of runes for attack in this manner.

Cons: A fusion type of Earth/Water/Fire is the hardest type to master.

Third Place: Earth & Dark Fusion

[Image: 0a12a607.jpg]

Earth DS (leader) x 130% TDR
Earth ED x 130% TDR
Shu
Light DS
Gargoyle Golem
+
Dark DS (ally)

Comments:

Among the top 3 decks this has the highest defence and hp, during the first 10 turns of waiting for Dark DS's active to be ready will not be much of an issue in this deck as even the normal attacks will with earth runes will suffice. Shu in this deck is awesome literally due to the part even if u run out of dark runestones u can use him to clear the board and regenerate new runestones.

Usage:

For the first 10 turns before activating Dark DS simply attack with both Earth and Dark Runes, there shouldn't be any problems for this deck as u have 2 elements to use instead of 1.

Once Dark DS is activated you should follow the below sequence for burst

Dark DS => Earth ED => Light DS => Dark Golem => Burst

Everytime when you run out of dark runes in the waiting time of the Gargoyle Golem, simply use Shu's active to clear the board while damaging the enemies as a bonus, he has 10cd and this will prove to be extremely useful in dangerous sitiuations.

The below chart is an example of how it should look like after using Shu's active.

X = random runes
D = dark runes
E = earth runes

XDXXXX
DXXDXX
DXXXXD
XEXXEX
E.EEEEE

Basically Shu's active skill will also ensure u have a 6 of a kind earth runes already lined up properly at the bottom of the board for the x 600% damage thus u will only need to clear the additional dark runes on the top for damage.

Use Earth DS for times when you need for 60% defence

Pros & Cons

Pros: Best defensive type of x 600% damage Dragon decks, will be safe in most of the scenarios.

Cons: Final burst is uncomparable to the top 2 decks.

Second Place: Dark & Water Fusion

[Image: 43ada681.jpg]

Dark DS (leader) x 130% TDR
Dark ED x 130% TDR
Dark Golem
Ao Guang/GSOA
Water ED x 130% TDR
+
Water DS (ally) x 130% TDR

Comments:

Basically the same as Dark Earth Fusion deck only difference is that it focuses on offence rather than defence, should not be able to run out of runes when using both water and dark runes for attack and the active of Dark + Water DS combo is highly suggestable to be only used in the final attack on bosses.

Usage

For dark runes every 5 turns use Gargolye Golem
For water runes every 10 turns use Ao Guang or 5 turns use Water ED + GSOA, ideally Ao Guang is better for this deck due to the stats and capability to convert runes, although it is in every 10 turns instead of 5...

For boss battles activate the skills of Dark DS + Water DS + Gargoyle Golem and spam, Dark ED is actually good for battles that has units of impossiblly high defence.

Pros & Cons

Pros: This deck has a very high offence be it when Dark DS's skill is activated or not, you can still attack with high damage using both water and dark which will mean not running out of runes for attack ever.

Cons: When Dark DS has been activated, this deck has a higher risk of running out of runes due to having just Dark Golem alone for converter and not having Seth or Shu to change a new board for you, the burst is also smaller compared to the number 1 deck.

And the first place goes to....drums rolling......

First Place: Rainbow Dragon Spiritors

[Image: 4ca481b1.jpg]

Water DS (leader)
Water ED
Light DS
Gargoyle Golem
Earth DS
+
Dark DS (ally)

Comments:

Yes, this deck is the super powered Dragon Race that definitely deserves the top spot Smile for a few very simple reasons which is:

- High defence
- Highest burst among the entire Dragon race decks
- Balanced in almost every aspect

This will be the ultimate Dragon deck when Nidhogg and the 6* Etheral Dragons are not released yet.

Usage

Utilize the active skill in this manner

Dark DS => Water ED => Light DS => Dark Golem => Water DS

This manner of burst is by far the craziest in terms of the damage, the max is somewhere about 7 million damage in total within a single turn.

Earth DS will be extremely useful for defence, and will not fail you when u need it.

Pros & Cons

Pros: Highest burst among all Dragon decks, noting else can compare with it. The defence, healing, hp, attack are all very high and seldom can another type of deck compared with it.

Cons: When not using Dark DS's active, this deck will have higher chance of failing it's attack as compared to the previous top 5 Dragon decks due to the high curve of difficulty when dissolving 6 runes + all other different elemental runes. It also has the same risk as the Dark Water fusion deck of not having a Dragon like Shu or Seth to change the board.
Introduction Of Special Dragon Decks

Full conversion Rainbow

[Image: 1658222d.jpg]

Light DS (leader)
Dark DS
Dark Golem
Fire ED x 150% WTL
Water ED x 150% WTL
+
Earth ED (ally) x150% WTL

Comments

Basically this is a fun deck and can be actually rather strong too, this deck is capable of fully converting ALL runestones into dark runestones.

Usage

Follow this sequence activating the skills for full convertion!

Dark DS => Earth ED => Water ED => Fire ED => Light DS => Dark Golem => Full board dark runes burst

Pros & Cons

Pros: Capable of choosing whichever rune you want to convert into dark runes

Cons Weak in terms of recovery

Pure Luck & x 5400% Damage

[Image: ceb98252.jpg]

Light MD (leader)
Cassandra
Water ED x 150% WTL
Earth ED x 150% WTL
Fire ED x 150% WTL
+
Dark MD (ally)

Comments:

This deck seriously packs a punch that can even out win the top place of the Dragon decks.

when the super critical damage of this deck hits in + "Will To Live" + Cassandra's active skill, the damage at max for just using 3 of a kind rune without combo for each of the card will deal:

Light MD - 51,840
Fire ED - 57,726
Water ED - 55,246
Earth ED - 50,814
Cassandra - 87,210
Dark MD - 60,066

Total - 362,902!!!

Seriously imagine the full effect with combos and more runes =_=

Usage

Keep the hp of the deck at 10% before you begin to activate Cassandra, after the basic requirement is done the Etheral Dragons will show their full potential with their hidden ability x 150% damage "Will To Live"

Your critical percentage will also be 25% chance to x 3600% damage & 75% chance to x 600% damage with Cassandra's active skill boost (this is seriously scary)

Pros & Cons

Pros: "Will To Live" + "Super Critical" = x 5400% damage, when Cassandra's ability is added, this deck's damage is the highest in the game

Cons: The highest risk deck in the entire game as well

x 500% Damage & 4% leech Water Mono

[Image: b4ebfd01.jpg]

Water DS (leader)
Water ED
Gsoa
Water MD
Ao Guang
+
Gsoa (ally)

Comments:
This deck is seriously powerful and is actually on par with the Dragon deck in the 3rd place, this is also the only Water mono deck that can deal x 500% damage instead of 400%! It is also the only mono deck that can leech hp

P.s. The reason i didnt include it in top 5 Dragon deck the editing of this post is a tedious process due to too many images in it, also since this is a special deck might as well include it in the special deck section.

Usage

In this deck you can convert runes 3 times with 1 x Ao Guang + 1 x Water ED + 2 x Gsoa and will never run out of Water runes ever, this deck recovers by pure damage and heart runestones are only meant for u to convert into water for damage.

Use Water DS + Ao Guang for burst in boss battles, when Water DS active skill is used usually the attack will be copied from Water MD's attack stats. You can also use Water MD to finish off enemies that has the "Aftermath" skill (self explode if you do not finish with an active skill)

Pros & Cons

Pros: x 500% damage for Water mono deck! Highest hp among ALL mono decks at a whooping 20k hp, also leeches hp from attacks.

Cons: Extremely weak against enemies that has a defence that is too high for you to leech hp (e.g. Mini boss Cthugha in Hong Yue battle)

P.s. i was seriously surprised that it turns out to be Water mono instead of Earth mono that has highest hp in the end lol

Alright folks with this, i will end the Dragon decks explanation, hope it helps Big Grin

[Image: r4k2.png]
Elf Deck In Use
Gotta try your top spot deck, just hard to find any Dragon Spiritor Allies if you got none as an ally yourself -.-

Max Lvl Fire Greek Team:
[Image: 4a1b4841.jpg]

New Fire Norse Team:
[Image: 8eaf7436.jpg]
This is by far the hardest thread i have ever done due to the post being too long and i had to merge it + the scripts + the posting of idividual signatures + the stupid connection issue today zzz

Anyway i apologise to those that commented on the previous thread and i had to delete it away just to redo it again, also thanks for viewing Big Grin

Elf Deck In Use
Thx for the hard work Nitecat. Your guides help a lot.
I want just to share my fire earth defensive deck (its what I can do with my dragons now):

Fire ds (leader)
Fire ed
Seth
Earth ed
Earth ds
Earth ds (ally)

With double earth ds you can defend a lot.
Mono Earth
[Image: c20cbed6.jpg]

Mono Fire
[Image: f2461f4f.jpg]

Congrats on becoming super moderator. Your guide is excellent and I have you to guide me in Facebook too ! Hehe bump for this pro fella !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
[Image: dacafc74.jpg]
[Image: 3d430242.jpg]
I have tried set up my deck to "First Place: Rainbow Dragon Spiritors" with
Dark DS (Lead) lv 77
Dark Golem lv 30
Green DS lv30
ED Water lvMax
MD Water lvMax (instead of LightDS)
Water DS (ally) lv55-66 (evlolved)

The damage when activate all skill made me much more impressed. but the regeneating of HP is not enough. Every turn I got only 400-500 HP back from atck (4%) without heart runestone.
Do you guys think this is enough for last on the high level battle ?
this is still a big problem for Dragon race.
I'm thinking to replace ED or MD with other race but higher recovery like Urd or Idun. (lower dmg trade-off)
(09-25-2013, 10:31 AM)ryo87 Wrote: Congrats on becoming super moderator. Your guide is excellent and I have you to guide me in Facebook too ! Hehe bump for this pro fella !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh so there u are, i was wondering where were u in forum lol anyway thanks Big Grin

(09-25-2013, 07:26 PM)BankyTH Wrote: I have tried set up my deck to "First Place: Rainbow Dragon Spiritors" with
Dark DS (Lead) lv 77
Dark Golem lv 30
Green DS lv30
ED Water lvMax

The damage when activate all skill made me much more impressed. but the regeneating of HP is not enough. Every turn I got only 400-500 HP back from atck (4%) without heart runestone.
I'm thinking to replace ED or MD with other race but higher recovery like Urd or Idun. (lower dmg trade-off)

When i was using the 4%, my recovery is 3 - 4 k every round normally, if i hit a high combo my recovery can be more than 8k, one thing to note is u cant leech hp if u the enemy does not have it.

Meaning to say if their remaining hp is 200, the most u can only leech 200

(09-25-2013, 10:05 AM)Nands Wrote: Thx for the hard work Nitecat. Your guides help a lot.
I want just to share my fire earth defensive deck (its what I can do with my dragons now):

Fire ds (leader)
Fire ed
Seth
Earth ed
Earth ds
Earth ds (ally)

With double earth ds you can defend a lot.

Thats a good deck too Big Grin do try to get Shu to maximize the effect though ^^

Elf Deck In Use
(09-25-2013, 07:26 PM)BankyTH Wrote: I have tried set up my deck to "First Place: Rainbow Dragon Spiritors" with
Dark DS (Lead) lv 77
Dark Golem lv 30
Green DS lv30
ED Water lvMax

Urd or Idun are not good for dragon deck.
GSOA better, Water ED + GSOA combo= a lot of dmg and recovery every 5 turn.

And GSOA good for final burst too. Because don't need to dissolve 6 dark runes for trigger Dark DS leader skill.

Sample case:
There are 9 dark runes after active Dark Golem.

Without GSOA : Must dissolve (6 dark) + (3 dark)
Dmg Multiplier = (1.75+1) * 1.25 = 3.43

With GSOA : Can dissolve (3 dark) + (3 dark) + (3 dark) + (A lot of water)
Dmg Multiplier = (1+1+1) * 1.75 = 5.25
Just Remember Guys, 4% Leech Only Works When The Enemy Has The Hp For You To Leech!! You Will Leech 0 HP From SoulStones Or Leech 200 Hp If Enemy's Remaining Hp Is 200!!"

Dark DS (Lead) lv 77
Dark Golem lv 30
Green DS lv30
ED Water lvMax

Also another thing, without Light DS your deck is not considered the best dragon deck, u need the light ds + Water ED + Dark Golem for the conversion.

Read it again to understand what i am saying Smile

Elf Deck In Use
AH THANKS!!! NOW I CAN CONCENTRATE ON FORMING THE DS DECK.

all my leveling for red is in vain T.T

Thank you Nitecat. I will try the rank 1 deck now.

Also if i want to follow the green,white,black DS deck without nighoog what shall we replace with ?