Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool to check battle drops in advance
Nice information you've got here. It's not going to be really reliable if you would have to transfer the file to your PC every time, and there are not many other uses of checking card drop on most stages.

Imagine the greatest signature you can ever think of. There ya' go!
The difference in file size is normally caused by viewing the "Story Timeline". This downloads the amelioration dialogs.

(04-18-2018, 11:34 PM)TheCatGod Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 04:23 PM)evilvoice Wrote: The file does update locally during a battle. It may not talk to Madhead servers until after a battle is completed, but it does update locally.

Try this:
Start a battle
Go to the XML location (don't close ToS)
Copy the XML to a separate location (maybe the previous directory)
Go back to ToS and play a couple of rounds (don't finish the battle)
Close ToS
Copy the backup you created back to the original XML location overwriting the current one
Make sure attributes and ownership are correct (matches other files in the directory)
Restart ToS
Continue battle
You'll be back on the round you were when you made the backup instead of the round when you closed ToS

You may be able to use that to whatever advantage you want. Could save diamonds if you miss spin later in the battle. Possibly.

Yep, this is a very classic way to cheat by infinitely trying the same stage again and again until you succeed. I have also done it a few times when I got really mad at some bull**** shield that keeps trolling me. But it kind of takes the fun out of the game. Only disadvantage is that you will not be placed on the leaderboard, since TOS will only place you on the leaderboard if you completed the battle in one shot without closing the app.

Yeah, it's not very usable because you have to constantly use your file explorer to move files back and forth. Kind of annoying. I've made the backup, but would get tired and either use a diamond to revive (which kills the backup file because it talks to the server) or just end the battle. Too intensive to do it consistently.

(04-18-2018, 04:23 PM)evilvoice Wrote: The file does update locally during a battle. It may not talk to Madhead servers until after a battle is completed, but it does update locally.

Try this:
Start a battle
Go to the XML location (don't close ToS)
Copy the XML to a separate location (maybe the previous directory)
Go back to ToS and play a couple of rounds (don't finish the battle)
Close ToS
Copy the backup you created back to the original XML location overwriting the current one
Make sure attributes and ownership are correct (matches other files in the directory)
Restart ToS
Continue battle
You'll be back on the round you were when you made the backup instead of the round when you closed ToS

You may be able to use that to whatever advantage you want. Could save diamonds if you miss spin later in the battle. Possibly.

OMG, if it's true, this is some gamechanger !!!
Gonna script a tool to backup and restore.

fly away...
(04-19-2018, 12:32 AM)DrFluttershy Wrote: Nice information you've got here. It's not going to be really reliable if you would have to transfer the file to your PC every time, and there are not many other uses of checking card drop on most stages.

Yeah, I get that it's not really convenient, so I plan on making an Android app to prevent the need to keep transferring the file, for a much more convenient way to check drops. The use of the tool is kind of niche right now, but I may add more features in the future once I have a working Android app.
Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally PR Yog-Sothoth)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+
Wait, drops change each time you restart with the xml replace thing? I thought each run has predetermined drops once you get data from server.
(04-19-2018, 04:24 AM)vespher Wrote: Wait, drops change each time you restart with the xml replace thing? I thought each run has predetermined drops once you get data from server.

What TheCatGod is talking about is basically a snapshot of the battle. You're taking the XML file and parsing the information about the current battle. You can get data like HP, Attack, CD of monsters as well as card, gold, souls, crafts (whether a craft will drop, but not info about it), and token drops. You're only investigating the XML. Once you get that information, you can delete the XML file as it won't replace your current one. The information for THAT battle will not change, but once completed or exited, you will need to parse the information again about the new battle.
(04-19-2018, 04:24 AM)vespher Wrote: Wait, drops change each time you restart with the xml replace thing? I thought each run has predetermined drops once you get data from server.

Drops are predetermined when you get data from the server. If you do the XML save state cheat, then it will still drop the same drops.
Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally PR Yog-Sothoth)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+
(04-19-2018, 06:33 AM)TheCatGod Wrote:

Drops are predetermined when you get data from the server. If you do the XML save state cheat, then it will still drop the same drops.

Thanks for better explanation. Wish there was a thanks button like on other forums
(04-19-2018, 07:00 AM)evilvoice Wrote: Thanks for better explanation. Wish there was a thanks button like on other forums

That is what reputation is for.  Click their number and leave a positive.