Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.7 Average
The best cards to start your game
The idea is that you should start the game with a card that can be a really good leader or a card that you foresee using very frequently. Likewise, the first card should also not be farmable since these type of cards are easy to get anyway.

For example, you have Isabel and Verdandi. While Verdandi is a very good card that you will use very frequently late in the game, she is farmable and quite bad as a leader so she isn't a good card to start the game with. Isabel is a very very niche card that you will rarely use early game or late game.

Hence some good cards to begin with are cards that boost attack of a certain element by 250% (Norse Gods) or 300% (blood fiends). Greek Gods are also very powerful leaders but will be difficult to use initially. Mechanical scholars make good leaders but trying to form a decent team with them (requires 2 races) can be tricky.

These are just some examples. Also, you can start the game with Duncan since you will get an Earth Paladin that can be used as a good early leader. I would go this option most of the time because if I happen to draw a good leader card that is difficult to be used initially, the Earth paladin will give me a decent team until I get the members for this leader card.

ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

but for example if i want to aim for Dark Mono set i just cant get it on the first draw. what should i do just reroll until i get loki or GSoD? thats the thing i dont get it the first spot is one card only but the others are all 2+ cards.. and dont know how to aim for them.

I would suggest simply rolling until you get a good leader and then building a team for it. GSoD is farmable and very easy to get so it isn't worth starting with him. Trying to roll for a specific leader will take too long.

Alternatively, you can head over to the Account Exchange section of the forum to see if anyone is giving away accounts with the leaders you want (in this case Loki).

What the OP meant is that after playing the game for a while, you should accumulate a number of cards that allow you to build teams. At the start you won't be able to do that. Hence just draw a good leader, and work with an Earth Paladin (choose Duncan as starter) and play for a few days/weeks. You should be able to build a good team by then.

Note that this guide is also outdated.

ID 27 321 367

Regular Ally: Max CD PR Daji

Finally completed my diamond seal collection once again so I've got all cards in the game at lvl 99 available for ally upon request.

I believe we have a quite up-to-date guide somewhere burried in the guides section. If someone could replace/lock this one i think it will be better for the new players