Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Teaser] New Yan Xi Card + New Guild Event + Slender SM Info Changing
welp ... 5 pulls of dupes, I stopped right there and buggered off.

ID: 54962818

looking for top players in leaderboards so i can copy your team.
no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

(07-19-2016, 04:44 PM)VVV Wrote: lol. Have any of you actually calculated the net effect of the new YanXi vs Origin of Demon series? It will make you feel a lot better. lol.

Fire Yan - 4.5x4.5x2 (L/D 50% fire) = 40
RGB Origin of Demons - 3.5x3.5x2 = 24.5
Fire Yan does more than 50% more damage
Furthermore Fire Yan active is pretty damn good

Water Xi - 5x5 = 25
So effective same as Origin of Demons, but with the added benefit that water = hearts.
Water Xi active is a potent converter with boost at CD8

Not groundbreaking, but really at another level to Origin of Demons.  I think a well formed Aether team is probably at about the same level.

I got 2 new origin cards fire and light. 1 keeper of light dupe. 3 total draws

I didn't get water like I wanted but happy with the draw

(07-19-2016, 05:34 PM)killerwombat Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:44 PM)VVV Wrote: lol. Have any of you actually calculated the net effect of the new YanXi vs Origin of Demon series? It will make you feel a lot better. lol.

Fire Yan - 4.5x4.5x2 (L/D 50% fire) = 40
RGB Origin of Demons - 3.5x3.5x2 = 24.5
Fire Yan does more than 50% more damage
Furthermore Fire Yan active is pretty damn good

Water Xi - 5x5 = 25
So effective same as Origin of Demons, but with the added benefit that water = hearts.
Water Xi active is a potent converter with boost at CD8

Not groundbreaking, but really at another level to Origin of Demons.  I think a well formed Aether team is probably at about the same level.

Correction for RGB Origin of Demons:
3.5 x 3.5 x 1.4 x 1.4 = 24.01 for a single set of Fire runes dissolved

As for Fire Yan, you can't just automatically assume that you will dissolve both L + D in a round. If going by that assumption, then Origin of Demons can also dissolve 3 sets of fire and get 24.01 x 3 = 72.03x

That is why the power level difference is questionable, as anything that garners more effects from runes dissolved is a proxy effect, and not a hard multiplier. Just like how Giemsa PR is not 3 x 3 x 3 because WFE dissolved procs the effect too.

Also, the next point would be comparing the turn by turn comparison where Origin of Demons get most abundant runes = attack runes effect on a "regular turn", essentially making it converter-independent, whereas Yan/Xi will still be heavily reliant on these on "regular" turns.

Of course, where Yan/Xi would gain advantage is the team effects, the Water = Hearts effect (nice but not sure how relevant in the current meta) and the L/D = 50% Fire effect (discussed above).

It's mostly just the hype. And the crying and cursing is fun too Tongue
Looking for a guild? Drop me a PM!

VVVTOS Gaming FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/vvvtos/

Catch my livestreams Fridays 10:30pm GMT+8: http://www.youtube.com/user/vvvtos/live

Yan and Xi's leader skill is not that far from current meta (though still ahead of most teams). It is like a breakthrough to the next milestone. What happens in the future will be more and more teams upgraded to the new milestone before next milestone is introduced.

However, Fire Yan's active is one of those type that won't get outdated very fast. From long term perspective, Fire Yan will be very useful alongside with other enchantress for quite some time.
Available Cards:
[Image: ho8FMRF.png]
ID: 43061313

Please don't rub salt on my wounds =P . Yes, I'm one of those who didn't manage to pull any from the 3 latest / best series (origin of demons, old greek and yanxi). I managed to pull a babylon, but at 1/5 babylon being dupe it is a dupe. I'm starting to think the draw algorithm is trying to make dupes easier to draw.
14th draw on Xi  Big Grin
Imo, Water Xi is the one i really wanted because i didnt have Lucy
Gotten 3 origin of demons and one xi.
(07-19-2016, 08:36 PM)lostiming Wrote:

Please don't rub salt on my wounds =P . Yes, I'm one of those who didn't manage to pull any from the 3 latest / best series (origin of demons, old greek and yanxi). I managed to pull a babylon, but at 1/5 babylon being dupe it is a dupe. I'm starting to think the draw algorithm is trying to make dupes easier to draw.

no there is no dupe algorithm just many cards from older series that are added to the pool of seal cards. 

the seal draw is basically gambling that is generating cash for mh which they use to make a profit and expand the game.  lots of ppl do it not just them.  the odds are low you get the card u want but not impossible and pehaps better than some other gambling schemes.

also u can play the game just fine without some of the new cards so i wouldnt just go off the deep end yet.
i am using Florice and Hsuan Hsiao with Water Yan. noticed that Florice can cancel the 3 runes from Hsuan Hsiao's active. does that also cancel the attack boost as well?