Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Team Building] How to Train your Dragon
I am missing Faugn.

Who else could I put as a leader as an alternative? (while using PR Faugn as an ally).

I have all the DS cards, Dagon, Tulzscha and Dark Golem.

Is this viable?
[Image: c18ee50b.jpg]

[Image: output_W6m_OG0.gif]
In dilemma whether to go for nidhogg leader or pr ED leader(don't have Faugn ).

Dragon in hand :
1. All ED except Faugn (2 water EDabd fire ED)
2. Ursula , novalis and 2 agatha.
3. Nidhogg
4. Dark golem.
5. Salamander king
6.. All DD and MD including Proto

Permanent ally : Pr Daji Triple Max 
Ally on request : Mark 2, Hep, Pr Nezha, Inheritance - PQoW 

User ID: 54,335,456
Thanks for the guide Metacreeper. You just answered all of my questions. Seems like I'll have to train all the relevant dragons so I can mix and match according to the stage.

I couldn't figure out if evil golem was still needed, and this guide was very helpful. Thanks! Love the thread title as well Big Grin
UID: 54,421,311
Current Regular Allies: All max Inanna/Dumuzi, PR Daji, and PR Artemis (Feel free to request others)
Like ur thread Big Grin
sandra got sand
edited
[Image: 40298fe8.jpg]

Main Ally TongueR DAJI, PR Faugn amo lv4, Ursula max sklv amolv3, Novalis max sklv amo lv4, PR Tulzcha amo lv4, Hep, valac, PR Verdandi, PR Idun, Diablo, Zues, Agatha

Maxing Ally : Artemis, Nidhogg, Hades, Bell, Poseidon, Lisa, ML, Malphas,tefnut, x5 New Born Elf, x5 DD, x5 pala, x5 fate
(12-28-2014, 03:52 AM)austzorro Wrote: I am missing Faugn.

Who else could I put as a leader as an alternative? (while using PR Faugn as an ally).

I have all the DS cards, Dagon, Tulzscha and Dark Golem.

Is this viable?
[Image: c18ee50b.jpg]

The team is viable, although my preference would be to use Light DS instead of Tulzcha. You lose the "Will to Live" passive but get a bigger burst via Light DS --> Dark Golem. This is a more old-school dragon build prior to PR EDs.

As for the leader, I think you have 3 viable options.
1) PR Dagon as you've suggested gives 200% multiplier and is tanky since the HP recovery is based on %. As long as you have hearts on the board and can tank the hit you can easily heal up, and with Faugn as ally you'll be doing damage to boot.
2) Ursula also gives a 200% multiplier and heals via leeching.  
3) Novalis as leader potentially gives 300% multiplier if you can consistently join 6 runes together, at the cost of lower recovery than the other 2 leaders above.

My personal preference is 1 > 2 > 3 since it will help you get used to the % recovery style which is critical for Nidhogg - PR ED teams. I'm also biased towards survivability rather than damage, although there are some cases where you may need the 300% multiplier. 

(12-28-2014, 04:02 AM)AlbertHJL Wrote: In dilemma whether to go for nidhogg leader or pr ED leader(don't have Faugn ).

Dragon in hand :
1. All ED except Faugn (2 water EDabd fire ED)
2. Ursula , novalis and 2 agatha.
3. Nidhogg
4. Dark golem.
5. Salamander king
6.. All DD and MD including Proto

Both are viable. From my experience it's easier to find PR Dagon/Cthugha allies than Nidhogg. Since you have both, you can just flip your leader/ally based on the friends you have available. Really depends what you think your friends are more likely to need (and hence give you friend points for). The options mentioned above are also relevant for you.  

Standard Nidhogg team would be Nidhogg + Ursula, Novalis, Dark Golem, <something> + PR ED
The <something> could be another PR ED if you need more recovery, dark golem for more consistent damage, PR Verdandi for some specific stages (e.g. one of the SM's had a beowulf that locked dragon actives and had high defense low HP, so most people just added a Verdandi. There were also the crazy ones that broke his defense with Chernabog/conversion for the all-dragon achievement...), Chernabog if you had it for damage boost, or of course PR Faugn/Tulzcha if you had it for defense breaking.
Channel: https://goo.gl/XqxMx2
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
I drew into Tulzscha during the new year draw event and that gives me quite a few options here that I am mulling on. My current dragons in the inventories are: -

Novalis
Dragoness Ursula
PR Dagon
Honor
Evil Gargoyle Golem
Nightfall Melog
GSoA
Crystlagon
Combative Whale Monstro
Metal Fire Golem
Vouivre
Jadator
Luminasour
Tulzscha
Phantomsaurus

My current team (before Tulzscha) is: -
Ursula (L) - Dagon - Honor - Novalis - EGG - Faugn / Daji (A)

The setup works pretty decently (though to be fair, I had that setup for less than a week only) and it does give me a good burst with Dagon>Honor>EGG>Ursula (assuming that Novalis is already "on"). Of course, it does not hurt that my Dagon, Honor and EGG are pretty much synced at CD 5.

Now that I have Tulzscha, I am tempted to drop EGG for Tulzscha and snag the 3 ED bonus (and a small bonus for having three pairs of DS-ED. However, I am not sure if it is worth it since I will be losing the EGG burst -- that and I will probably take some time to PR and max level Tulzscha. What is my best option with my existing cards? I will probably PR and max level Tulzscha eventually for the stages that needs damage to be ignored but I am not sure if it should be prioritised.
@fzian: EGG is more important. If anything I would switch out Honor, since without EGG, he's nothing but a stat stick. ED bonus only shows up at low health anyways. It's a bit hard to maintain when you're constantly healing off of damage.

Your current team setup is probably the best. You do, however, have the option of using Dagon as leader for more reliable healing (on stages where Ursula has trouble leeching).
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Have:
- Abraham, VR Elizabeth, Guan Yu
- Chessia, Nobunaga, Mai Shiranui
- Izanagi, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi
- Lu Bu, Rose, Khaos
...and others...
(01-01-2015, 06:23 PM)agnesi Wrote: @fzian: EGG is more important. If anything I would switch out Honor, since without EGG, he's nothing but a stat stick. ED bonus only shows up at low health anyways. It's a bit hard to maintain when you're constantly healing off of damage.

Your current team setup is probably the best. You do, however, have the option of using Dagon as leader for more reliable healing (on stages where Ursula has trouble leeching).
Switch out Honor for Tulzscha? Incidentally, I never actually understood what was Dagon's leader ability: -

Dagon the Deep Dictator Wrote:Attack of Dragons x 200%. Value of Self Recovery of all dragons will be added to Attack. When Heart Runestones are dissolved, deducted HP would be recovered according to a certain percentage upon the number of dragons.

I get that all dragons' attack are doubled. The second and third part are a little more vague to me: -

Dagon the Deep Dictator Wrote:Value of Self Recovery of all dragons will be added to Attack.
Does the value of self recovery get added to the attack before or after the attack are doubled? The order matters a little since the attack is obviously going to be bigger if the self recovery is added to the attack before the attack is doubled.

Dagon the Deep Dictator Wrote:When Heart Runestones are dissolved, deducted HP would be recovered according to a certain percentage upon the number of dragons.
Not sure what the "deducted HP" and pretty much the rest of the sentence means. I know something that there is some recovery going on when heart runestones are being dissolved but I am not sure what is it based on....