Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TGS 2018
I happened to be visiting family in Taipei, so I figured I'd check it out. These are just some of my thoughts and experiences from the day.

Woke up at 8:15, but terribad weather. Dark, rainy and humid. Decided to go back to bed for a bit longer. Ended up waking at 9:30 and leaving at 10:00. It's Monday, so even though I arrived late, there was no queue.

Went to the MH stall to confirm that the free draw event is where I thought it was and started queuing at 10:55. This is what the scene looked like.

[Image: BZEDfwo.jpg]

IDK if this is an improvement compared to previous days. There have been a lot of complaints on Bahamut about how slow and long the queue has been. I thought the queue moved relatively quickly today, but I still had to queue until 4:00.

One of the perks: 平民百姓 showed up to do a vlog and interact with fans. If you don't know him, here's his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF3X_V1Gd5yagyTgwIIScag. I might appear in his vlog, lol, and I managed to get some snaps of him in the distance. The cosplayers that featured in the parody TOS commemoration video also showed up, but eh.

[Image: H483k63.jpg][Image: XUpKWew.jpg]

Come 4:00, I finally got my free draw and pulled Florice, a new card.

[Image: D16JaZS.jpg]

On top of that, the free draw comes with a freebie, which was an MH thermos for me.

Expo closes at 5:00, so I just bummed around and checked out some other games. Picked up a TGS Material Pack for NTD$120 and a scratchie that ended up being a free random PR mat.

Here's a photo of today's haul:

[Image: ue1xYR7.jpg]

The drinks and set of cards were handed out as 4:00 rolled around to the people queuing. Everyone got a different set.

All in all, I'm extremely tired. Five hours of standing is no joke. Was an interesting experience and I'm happy with the prizes, but I think doing this kind of thing once is enough unless you're a diehard fan.

[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
Was the free draw guaranteed to be a new card? I can't imagine pulling a dupe after queuing that long.

(01-29-2018, 09:24 PM)rocelle_t Wrote: Was the free draw guaranteed to be a new card? I can't imagine pulling a dupe after queuing that long.

[Image: z6IMRlQ.jpg]

Bottom right is choose any from the pool, comes triple maxed. Above that is Three Kingdoms 2 and I'm guessing it's the rares like every other individual set.

tl;dr: Dupes are possible. D:

[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116