Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Stacked time tunnel
First of all, due credits.

1. This is initiated by my friend Odakyo. Due to his busy schedule, this is written on his behalf.
2. Chinese forum has very extensive literature. Things shared here originate from here.
http://m.gamer.com.tw/forum/C.php?bsn=23805&snA=66026&bpage=4&top=10&pagekey=forum_23805&ltype=&keyword=
http://m.gamer.com.tw/forum/C.php?bsn=23805&snA=114825&bpage=11&top=0&pagekey=forum_23805&ltype=subbsn_5&keyword=
3. Special thanks to these pros (and always liked to pretend to be noobs) - nighteleven, victorylaw, cupidsux, vvv, metacreeper, 5566, MoonChild and many many others etc.

Back to the topic. What is stacked time tunnel? To understand this, lets examine a basic concept on mono decks. Mono decks excel over rainbow decks in burst damage because of the ability to dissolve multiple sets of atk runes, thus leading to extra dmg multiplier. A hot favourite is fox queen, slime king and skuld time tunnel abilities. In the following examples, I will use dark mono deck as an example.

What is the best damage multiplier possible then? An initial glance will be simply 15 dark runes followed by 5 other sets of misc runes.

What happens when there are 16, 17 or even 18 runes. Many of us just put them into one corner, usually the top corner, and they go undissolved. For 18 runes, its even worse. As the runes are clumped together, we lose some combo bonus as well.

However, there is a way to dissolve 18 dark runes as 6 dark combos! This employs the stacked time tunnel method (I invent this name myself). In the below image, left shows the original placement. In the middle pic, the yellow circled runes will be dissolved first. The right pic shows the remaining runes which will be dissolved next.

If we are to put this into mathematics. Assuming fox queen as leader. In a perfect 10 combos with 15 darks, the dmg multiplier will be 5 x 10 = 50. In the stacked time tunnel of 18 darks with 9 combos, the dmg multiplier will be 6 x 9 = 54.

The main objective of stacked time tunnel's is to try to dissolve as many atk runes as possible while achieving the highest combo possible. However, there is an additional benefit - stacked time tunnel seems to be able to give higher rate of extra falling combos. This is not proven by stats, rather its just a general gut feel.

So, now you are interested to try out stacked time tunnel...but how to know the logic to do this stack? It looks so complicated!. Fortunately, for the average Joe like me, the pros on Chinese forum has compiled a handy pdf sheet that contains all the different placements based on your current board runes. Yes, simply put, stacked time tunnel can be just a memorize effort; match your current board to the pattern on the list and you are good to go. This is the link for the pdf. http://www.sendspace.com/file/u9pjmj

For Android rooted users, there is a special bonus. Download the app Card Explorer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codediablos.tos After u launch the app, look for the top right corner for a download icon. Tapping on that will minimize TOS watching with a fox icon. Tapping on the fox icon will open a draggable overlay. Most importantly, the last tab (which looks like a stacked pyramid) will show all the rune placements. This can be viewed in-game and you can simply pop the overlay over the mob image then do your rune placement conveniently. Fyi, motley beads refers to misc runes; 10-12 Motley beads means good for 10,11 or 12 misc runes.

Hope this helps all friends, especially for the upcoming Odin. Good luck in squeezing out that additional dmg bonus through this method.

[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
(11-11-2013, 08:29 PM)shue249 Wrote: The main objective of stacked time tunnel's is to try to dissolve as many atk runes as possible while achieving the highest combo possible. However, there is an additional benefit - stacked time tunnel seems to be able to give higher rate of extra falling combos. This is not proven by stats, rather its just a general gut feel.

Cool thread Smile its definitely a pro technique, a lot of the chinese players discuss this as well. I think it's more than just a gut feel - by forcing the board to "recheck" for combos every time the runes shuffle around you increase the chance of more combos forming.

In Game ID - 4259772
I almost forgot. This method is a double edged sword. Although it can increase combo count, there is a possibility that dropped combos may mess up the existing combos as well. So far, there is only one placement which guarantees zero chance of failure, which is the same as my example above. However I do feel this placement has lower chance of extra combos. Look at the pdf. The author has even painstakingly indicate the chances of break combo as well as the minimum combo each placement guarantees.

I guess it's the same as Norse vs Greek. Stable vs higher dmg possible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

[Image: 0cc7145c.jpg]
This one is the foundation for Pro-beast players. I am good in 6-10 gems;
Manual swap, I need to stage the gems first before convert all the gems (need defense card to defense a turn or two).

The top player and expert in this stacking is Wat-point. He can use this method to clear transmigration. This player can manually swap all ## gem with staging or without staging.!!! WTF He is god of TOS.

Actually this was no new under the sun; it was already been used in Puzzle and Dragon (which was 1 year ahead of TOS in launching). There are more of such expert in PND.

I will strongly advise practice this stacking at Stage 1 Saruman stage.

Go and be disciple under Mr Saruman... He takes only 5 stamina and you gain this skill in 1-2 month time.

Bring in example:
GSoD+Baphemot+GSoF+....(Time stopper)+ Fox Ally

Use the Time stoppers to learn stacking the gems non-manually... Memorise the 6-9 gems methods.

Once memorise the stack pattern, do manual staging....I don't know how to explain how to stage; just practice and practice.

All in all, this game actually don't need this method that much compare to PND;

This is because in TOS there is a lot of powerful cards which overpower a burst to win even with just basic stacking. This game is all about good cards... Take example, those power released starter hero....they are super powerful card.

Nevetheless, this stack is interesting for those who wants to challenge themselves.
[Image: 157j6nb.jpg]
"6 Millions download Event Signature"

Well this formation & strategy is definitely for the pros unlike noobs like me :p

[Image: r4k2.png]
Elf Deck In Use
android store link doesn't work
Click for Dragon Allies!

PSA: PR Dragons are the new mainstream! Have you converted yet? No? Shame on you. Go and PR your Dagon/Faugn and set that as your ally!! Why? Awesome recovery! Awesome endurance! Hearts do damage?!? OMG?!?

No seriously change. Yes I'm looking at you 30 Ursula allies of mine.

(11-11-2013, 09:42 PM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote: Well this formation & strategy is definitely for the pros unlike noobs like me :p

Actually, calling yourself a noob makes most of this forum noobs lol.
[Image: e9fb2371.jpg]
[Image: 8b15b740.jpg]
(11-11-2013, 09:42 PM)Nitecat(SG) Wrote: Well this formation & strategy is definitely for the pros unlike noobs like me :p

Yet another pro claiming to be a noob.

Anyway thanks shue for the share, I've always wondered how they calculated these stacking methods, and I haven't been bothered enough to dedicate the time to finding out how. Thanks for sharing how this works!

Hopefully this can mean even more super high damage for mono decks that use cat dukes fiend squad cards...
Looking for a guild? Drop me a PM!

VVVTOS Gaming FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/vvvtos/

Catch my livestreams Fridays 10:30pm GMT+8: http://www.youtube.com/user/vvvtos/live

(11-11-2013, 10:09 PM)Balaur Wrote:

Actually, calling yourself a noob makes most of this forum noobs lol.

Nah, i am more like a deck master that excels in deck strategies and setups but not a pro like alot of others who are capable of using Daji or some specific decks with extreme accuracy and excellent gameplay movements

[Image: r4k2.png]
Elf Deck In Use
Here's another +1 Shue. Big Grin
[Image: eeccfbea.jpg]

[Image: 49e40a19.jpg]