Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Leveling
I have been wondering for a while how the skill levels up in each card. I remember reading somewhere that levelling a card with 5 baby harpies may have a chance to level up it up 1 level, is that randomised? Does it always happen or does it stop at a certain level? Additionally does this work on normal cards like the ultimate stage cards, for example if I feed 5 Nidhoggs to one, will there be a chance it will level up one or should I feed it one by one? I'm quite confused...

This is a very good guide to start with: [Guide] Skill Leveling (Updated to V11.0)

In short, skill levels are based on the number of rounds you've used that card. A baby harpy adds 200 rounds, so by using 5 baby harpies your card gets to 1000, which is skill level 7. Using 5 card with the same skill as the card you're levelling up guarantees 1 skill level up (but you also might get a lucky skill level up). Anyway, above guide explains it much better.

Arigato's Skill Leveling Guide
Skill levels rise based on accumulated rounds, similar to how card levels rise based on EXP. Each Baby Harpy gives 200 rounds; if your card is 1000 rounds or less away from the next level, that's when 5 Baby Harpies will cause a skill up.

The accumulated rounds from the feeder cards are also added to the main card if they share actives. This is why cards like Nymphs or Mini Demonic Dragons can act as feeders after evolving them; they have 10 skill levels' worth of battle rounds, which is given to the respective Primal Greek or Origin of Demon card. The minimum number of rounds added is 10; any card with less than that (like freshly dropped biweekly cards) will be bumped to 10 rounds.

After the round additions come the random skill ups. Whenever you feed a card with something that has the same active, there's a chance that it will gain a skill level. This is unique to each card fed, so feeding 5 at the same time gives you a chance to gain 5 skill levels (though it's not likely). If 0 of the 5 trigger a random skill up, then the system bumps that number to 1, which means that feeding 5 cards with the same active always always guarantees at least 1 skill up. That's why nowadays people farm SMs and biweeklies to 5s and feed them all together; feeding 1 by one has no limit on the number of feeders needed, as you might go on forever and be unlucky.

KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542
Grisk: 84,088,062

SM History Chart!
Active Skill Catalog! (Spreadsheet)

[Image: geBprMN.png]

Each card gives like a 20% chance to skill lv. So if I use 3 cards, I'll have a 60% chance of a lv up. If you use 5 at once, it's 100% at LEAST 1 skill lv.
[Image: XGwASXx.png]
ID: 67339257
(09-15-2016, 12:51 AM)Lee Hugyeong Wrote: Each card gives like a 20% chance to skill lv. So if I use 3 cards, I'll have a 60% chance of a lv up. If you use 5 at once, it's 100% at LEAST 1 skill lv.

Even if it was 20% (which I doubt), that's not how the probabilities work. If you fed 3 cards it would be:
- 64/125 or 51.2% 0 ups
- 48/125 or 38.4% 1 up
- 12/125 or 9.6% 2 ups
- 1/125 or 0.8% 3 ups

While 5 cards would give
- 32.768% 0 ups
- 40.96% 1 up
- 20.48% 2 ups
- 5.12% 3 ups
- 0.64% 4 ups
- 0.032% 5 ups
KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542