Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skill Level Training Guide [Patch 15.3]
(02-24-2018, 07:19 PM)emailtim Wrote: One thing I find useful when skill levelling is the percentage amount a Baby Harpy will add at each level. If I have been manually skill leveling and want to get to the next level quickly for some reason (such as wanting the card for an SM) I will often feed baby harpies to get to the next level. This may be useful for the first post.

The rough percentages a Baby Harpy adds at each level are:
5: 67%

6: 40%
7: 11%
8: 8%
9+: 7%

This way if you are at 86% at level 10 you can see that 2 Baby Harpies will bring you to level 11 (give or take 1 percent).

Thanks! I'll edit it in.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Correct me if i'm wrong, but light god soldier is used to skill level Mu Yue, right? Or is there a reason to not list out all cards that have fooder?

How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
(02-27-2018, 12:02 AM)Blitzkriag Wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong, but light god soldier is used to skill level Mu Yue, right? Or is there a reason to not list out all cards that have fooder?

I mentioned in the post I was gonna avoid collab feeders.

My reasoning is as follows:
1) I would have a hard time recognizing most of these cards on sight as I wasn't around during the older collabs. I don't mean to be belligerent, but this guide was a lot of work as is, and will continue to be as I plan on updating it, so I wanted to give myself a break in that regard.
2) Many of these cards are no longer available and I consider the main goal of this guide to be to help people who are farming cards today. Even those who return to the game with the older cards in their inventory will not be able to farm many of those feeders, and so listing the connection seems somewhat pointless to me. The few that are still available, such as the light god soldier or the last evolve of the green slime are such few exceptions that I thought it would be more consistent to leave out their connection to the older cards.
3) I have also avoided newer collabs on the premise that MH generally features the availability of feeders through in game tool tips and news, as well as heavily featuring them in the related stages, meaning people who are farming the new collab series as they drop will not need any help identifying what they should be collecting.

If you find these reasonings faulty, I've considered making a separate section just for collab feeders, but I just don't know if anyone will really need it, and I don't want to expend my energy for something no-one needs.

(02-27-2018, 01:49 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 12:02 AM)Blitzkriag Wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong, but light god soldier is used to skill level Mu Yue, right? Or is there a reason to not list out all cards that have fooder?

I mentioned in the post I was gonna avoid collab feeders.

I think you're reasoning is sound. Mu Yue hasn't been available for over 2 years, so I think if you haven't maxed her skill by now, why would you worry about it today? I notice you didn't mention Pili Puppets either, which actually just left recently, but since they'll never return, those who are new to the game don't need to concern themselves with feeders as they can't get the original card and those who have drawn should have already fed them or at least know what feeders they use. On a side note, I don't actually know how long the feeders will be available through the black hole for Puppets, so anyone holding out may want to focus on them before the battle disappears. Just my thoughts.
(02-27-2018, 04:14 AM)evilvoice Wrote: I think you're reasoning is sound. Mu Yue hasn't been available for over 2 years, so I think if you haven't maxed her skill by now, why would you worry about it today? I notice you didn't mention Pili Puppets either, which actually just left recently, but since they'll never return, those who are new to the game don't need to concern themselves with feeders as they can't get the original card and those who have drawn should have already fed them or at least know what feeders they use. On a side note, I don't actually know how long the feeders will be available through the black hole for Puppets, so anyone holding out may want to focus on them before the battle disappears. Just my thoughts.

I will say there have been people who were collecting diamonds and making draws during collab seals but otherwise not actively playing who have shown up on this forum before.

The feeders for the XYS and the CP cards were removed because they were collab characters that weren't owned by MH iirc. The puppets and the KOF feeders seem to be generic characters that aren't directly associated with the collab franchise so they hopefully will be permanent and might be repurposed for other content in the future? Figure if they were going to remove them, it would have been when the collab ended. I know the KOF thugs have shown up in the void stages, so it seems like they'll be sticking around.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Ah, ok, so this guide is more directed towards newer players just starting to work on skill levelling instead of being the complete wikipedia of all cards and their respective fooders, something like that?
How MH looks at Blitz:
[Image: jR8RQEx.jpg]
(02-27-2018, 11:16 PM)Blitzkriag Wrote: Ah, ok, so this guide is more directed towards newer players just starting to work on skill levelling instead of being the complete wikipedia of all cards and their respective fooders, something like that?

Yes. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I think the actual wiki is much better as a comprehensive record of those cards. This is for teaching people how to farm and showing them which cards are still farmable and where.
Updated the thread for 15.1, added Candigon/Eight Xian in both first post under harpy feeding (for an explanation on how they work) and the feeder location post. Reference sheets on imgur are now complete. Enjoy!
(03-06-2018, 02:25 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Updated the thread for 15.1, added Candigon/Eight Xian in both first post under harpy feeding (for an explanation on how they work) and the feeder location post. Reference sheets on imgur are now complete. Enjoy!

Hey Fauxy, just wanted to say thanks for this great guide. I'm pretty new to this game and skill leveling up is probably the thing I have struggled the most with. This guide helps a ton  Smile
Updated for 15.3, rewrote the Candigon section into its own thing for round accumulators. I've tried to clean up the Feeders location sections also.

Candigons are back in the black hole now, btw, for anyone who still needs to feed 8Xian. Presumably this time for good.