Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skill Level Training Guide [Patch 15.3]
Guys, relax. There are a couple of different feeding patterns listed on Bahamut depending on how conservative you're feeling with Baby Harpies and how willing you were to farm for common SLV feeders.

I've started using the method of feeding two Baby Harpies and six common SLV feeders for the Three Kingdoms 2 series, since I'm 100 off that new title involving 300 Baby Harpies, lol. Perennials were super easy to feed, since Elves all had the same active regardless of their Attribute, so I didn't bother using Baby Harpies on those. When Izanagi was first released though, I went with five Baby Harpies because I knew he was one of the most sought-after Allies from that patch.

I think bonus SLV up when feeding is just based on perception though. For example, here's how the SLV of some of my cards without common SLV feeders developed recently:
  • Khaos: 7 => 9 => 12 => 13
  • Katherine: 8 => 9 => 10 => 11 => 12 (No bonus SLV up)
  • Zhang Liao: 7 => 8 => 10 => 11 => 12
  • Guan Yinping: 7 => 10 => 11

Granted, maybe it's because they're non-farmable, so MH did some secret adjustments to increase the bonus SLV up rate, but I still think perception plays a role.

[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
(02-06-2018, 05:04 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote: Guys, relax. There are a couple of different feeding patterns listed on Bahamut depending on how conservative you're feeling with Baby Harpies and how willing you were to farm for common SLV feeders.

I've started using the method of feeding two Baby Harpies and six common SLV feeders for the Three Kingdoms 2 series, since I'm 100 off that new title involving 300 Baby Harpies, lol. Perennials were super easy to feed, since Elves all had the same active regardless of their Attribute, so I didn't bother using Baby Harpies on those. When Izanagi was first released though, I went with five Baby Harpies because I knew he was one of the most sought-after Allies from that patch.

I think bonus SLV up when feeding is just based on perception though. For example, here's how the SLV of some of my cards without common SLV feeders developed recently:

Granted, maybe it's because they're non-farmable, so MH did some secret adjustments to increase the bonus SLV up rate, but I still think perception plays a role.
Undecided

I didn't expect baby harpy usage to be a controversial topic.

Has anyone on the chinese side actually looked into the game's code or whatever and seen the RNG tweaked from one patch to another? Because a lot of people make the claim that MH stealth changes things but at least on EN you don't really see a lot of proof.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Skill level ups are done server side, not in-game. I kept track of skill level ups for a while and its my belief that skill level ups are more or less the same as before, except now you have a guaranteed skill level up by feeding 5 cards with the same active skill.

(02-06-2018, 05:29 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 05:04 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote: Guys, relax. There are a couple of different feeding patterns listed on Bahamut depending on how conservative you're feeling with Baby Harpies and how willing you were to farm for common SLV feeders.

Undecided

I didn't expect baby harpy usage to be a controversial topic.

Has anyone on the chinese side actually looked into the game's code or whatever and seen the RNG tweaked from one patch to another? Because a lot of people make the claim that MH stealth changes things but at least on EN you don't really see a lot of proof.

Neither did I, but I'm pretty sure that it's just a misunderstanding, lol.

There was a (Conspiracy?) theory on the Chinese side that MH simply transferred the chance of no SLV up to one SLV up, creating the guaranteed minimum of one SLV up and thus making one SLV up appear a lot more often than the others. I can't see us being able to check out the RNG from the client side though; Pretty sure someone would've abused it to get rare cards long ago, lulz.
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
(02-06-2018, 05:50 PM)joetjef Wrote: Skill level ups are done server side, not in-game. I kept track of skill level ups for a while and its my belief that skill level ups are more or less the same as before, except now you have a guaranteed skill level up by feeding 5 cards with the same active skill.

I believe this to be true.  Bonus slvl are rare and have always been rare.  I remember not getting one for months after farming many stages.  Maybe u have better luck but i never seem too.  Basically i accept 250 stamina for 1 harpy trade.  Wish they would up that 150 stamina per harpy and 250 stamina for 2 but i dont ever think they will.  Sometimes i just farm as much as i can and give up, then i lvl the card and if i actually use/like it then it gets a harpy.
Currently with the 5 stamina per stage event, there are 10-round stages that can be found for only 3 stamina (when there's an overlapping -50%, for eg. 5-3-3 today). With 4 feeders in a team, that'll be 40 rounds per run, which if done 5 times at a total cost of 15 stamina, will be equivalent to 1 baby harpy saved. So right now you can save 5 baby harpies with only 75 stamina (and a whole lot of time!)
Okay. I think I can call this version 1.0 of this thread, it's done!
Nice thread Fauxy, I'm really liking it. I would recommend removing the spoilers on the second post tho.

Other than my personal method is 14 baby harpy + 4 harpy, that is an easy slvl 12, I used to feed baby harpy until 9 when I didn't had enough sources of harpy as I do now.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
So I've been skill grinding today using stage 4-6-5 with Daoloth, and realized that the drop rates for Swords/Honeymons are quite good with today's increased drop rates. I did the stage 100 times while marathon-ing a tv series and got the following:

The Demon Sword x39
Prime Honeymon x29

For only 500 stamina, I got 68 evolve materials, which calculates to a cost of about 7.4 stamina per material. I think it was quite worth it, even if it took about 5(!) hours. I also saved 20 baby harpies in the process, so that's a plus.
Quick update: Demon Imbeciles, Adherents of Heresies, and Celestial Devotees are now regularly available through The Summit of Tianzhu in Traveler's Memories. I've changed the farm guide to reflect this. Yay for less reasons to spend Black Keys!

Warning note: Between this and Kaerf discovering that Celestial Devotees will be receiving a 3rd tier of evolution (most likely) next patch, it's probably best that you start stocking up on them now for if they become feeders for another series.