Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning user
I have just returned recently and now I want to build some more poeweful teams. I am now battling the eight seal and I quite want to start fighting nightmare stages. Here are my cards.

Water
Pr: Aloha, Cassandra, Molly, Ursula, Raphael, Urd, Elizabeth
Water Xi
Florice
Delphinus
Robert
Cygnus
Ji wuwang
Dreamer mathew
kukulkan evolved
Poseidon evolved
Dagon evolved
Joyful innocence baby king
Summer
Great mother of lust
Frosty melog
Wen zhong
Emperor of elegant clothes
Yuki onna
Jinnie
Galahad
Odous
Charon
Atrahasis
Cinderella the festive bartender

Fire
Pr: Boyciana, Agatha, Ceberus , Paladin , Doris
Court if taurus armstrong
Dipankara evolved
Cthugha evolved
Au shiau hong chen
Prideful royalty proncess sarah
Phoenix
Abadon evolved
K’
Hephaestus evolved
Perseus
Ninurta
Clara evolved
Seth
Auriga
Sean
Queen of hearts
Tristan
Phanes
Shuten doji
Iquitos

Earth
Pr: yunyang, Sariel, Alibaba, Verthandi
Barbara evolved
Jian zhi chu
Medusa evolved
Byakhee evolved
Hertz evolved
Kim king of taekwando
Chizuru kagura
Sun shangxiang
Yang jian
Mufasa
Yan
Matroyshka
Jiang yunfan
Geironul
Duncan
Bella poppy bride
Gareth
Samle
Samael
Rosa sistets
Liu bei
Karasutengu

Light
Pr: Gabriel, dodo, Persephone, Genie, honor, ethereal dragon light
Morse (x2)
Jack evolved
Luna evolved
Leo evolved
Zeus
Fafnir
Yan
Benimaru nikaido
Ra evolved
Saronbus
Paladin evolved
Dormouse
Chueng po zai
Jiang shang
Mysorensis
Natheneil evolved
Shermie
Mitty and marble
Lisa bufano
Mahonin
Lyra
Honda
Pluma
Marguerite
Iron hamel
Tang hsue Jian
Strelitzia
Imanotsurugi & usumindori

Dark
Vr: loki
Pr: basti, edward, novalis, endor
Odin
Lu bu
Castor and pollux evolved
Diochan
Baphomet evolved
Felix evolved
Sumatra
Todd
Shen gongbao
Alma evolved
Paladin
Feng chi hen
Bobo
Namtar
Jintaro
Artemis evolved
Chesire
Sunnie
Summer
Erebus
Morris
Komatsuhime

I am now stuck in the eighth seal unity of humans. I am using beast team with dodo, aloha, yunyang, boyciana and basti. Im also stuck in some of the ultimate stages and all nightmare ones. Please help. Also when can i get draupnir the intellect for odin pr.
Level 212
Id 80779404

GOTDAMN UNITY OF HUMANS. That Namtar stage is the only story stage I ever spent diamonds on to complete, what a trash stage. I actually completed it with a beast team like yours, it's key that you pick Haza as an Ally to boost HP and recovery. But I didn't have Furi, and neither do you, so that means that the damage of a beast team is always going to be unreliable since you don't have a universal attack rune. Which means if you wanna get through without diamonds, you better be doing the best spinning of your life. Barbhogg might be able to take it, but you'll need to farm the green defensive dragon so you have a snipe for the boss. You also have Ra and Lisa as snipers, but no strong light leaders really.

Based on your cards, it seems like you've only been gone a patch, so there's not much for you to need to catch up with. Your Beast team is pretty strong, minus how it's missing Furi. I will say I notice that the cards you've put time into training are not the best cards that you have. Why so many PR Dragons and Keepers? You don't have Copper Bullet for a rainbow dragon team and Barbara is the one dragon you seem to have not PR'd despite her being the most relevant of these who is capable of having a team to herself. And the Keepers are um, not anyone's favorites? They just tend to be passed over for better converters. But they're okay, just strange that you have 3 PR'd.

Norse is a good pick, but you can't farm Odin's materials until his ultimate stage comes back, so if you only have the basic one right now, you ought to let it go for the time being. If the Lu Bu you have is the Imperial Warlords one, then I suggest replacing Loki with him as your main dark leader until Odin's return. Erebus is also a decent pick for dark leader.

Why not PR Dipankara/Yang Jian? You don't have enchantresses, but those are still some friendly leaders. And I'm aware he's among the least popular rares, but Honda is not the worst you can do. VR Belle for an Earth demon deck with Samle and Ali Baba? That's another option. It's not a terrible inventory by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to learn which cards are worth prioritizing.

UID: 86478773
2Max Leaders: Maya, Erebus, Ophiuchus, Amaterasu, Aloha, Rose.
1Max (CDLV10+): Chessia, Barbara.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
Thanks! I heard that Lubu is a strong card, but how can I form a team with Lubu at my current stage?

(11-01-2017, 10:04 PM)Pearlchiang Wrote: Thanks! I heard that Lubu is a strong card, but how can I form a team with Lubu at my current stage?

Diaochan is in the Arena right now and she's a great member for Lu Bu because of their combine skill, so you better stock up and max out one of her. Lu Bu (Please make sure it's not The Unjust Soldier version) doesn't really need anything in particular, maybe a fast convert since you wanna try to keep his second multiplier going as much as possible, which requires multiple sets of dark full attacks, but he himself is already a converter. Sunnie would be decent because she'd boost the team's HP slightly.

Dark teams nowadays tend to fill up with self-boosting cards as their kind of bread and butter.  AR Pollux, AR Alma, and Lancelot are the big three.

Everyone recommends AR like it's so easy, but if you don't already have a strong dark team, you might not have a real shot at it. So I don't wanna say just get AR Pollux and Alma as if that's nothing. But I agree that it's what you should aim for, so if you can PR Pollux and Alma, give AR your best go.

Whatever you choose, make sure you know what's replaceable. Different stages will call for different kinds of cards.
LF: Hot Nidhoggs and Ophiuchuses in my area. Other leaders matching mine OK too, but those especially at the moment.
(11-01-2017, 10:33 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 10:04 PM)Pearlchiang Wrote: Thanks! I heard that Lubu is a strong card, but how can I form a team with Lubu at my current stage?

Diaochan is in the Arena right now and she's a great member for Lu Bu because of their combine skill, so you better stock up and max out one of her. Lu Bu (Please make sure it's not The Unjust Soldier version) doesn't really need anything in particular, maybe a fast convert since you wanna try to keep his second multiplier going as much as possible, which requires multiple sets of dark full attacks, but he himself is already a converter. Sunnie would be decent because she'd boost the team's HP slightly.

Dark teams nowadays tend to fill up with self-boosting cards as their kind of bread and butter.  AR Pollux, AR Alma, and Lancelot are the big three.

Everyone recommends AR like it's so easy, but if you don't already have a strong dark team, you might not have a real shot at it. So I don't wanna say just get AR Pollux and Alma as if that's nothing. But I agree that it's what you should aim for, so if you can PR Pollux and Alma, give AR your best go.

Whatever you choose, make sure you know what's replaceable. Different stages will call for different kinds of cards.

diaochan and lubu's combine skill is indeed strong, but lets not forget diaochan is a cd 12 and lu bu isnt the best at stalling.
Hi guys
I just drew Atlantis, haza lynx 2 erebuses and tzukuyomi. Also, I power released my dipankara and my gemini. What can I do with these cards??!!!! Please anyone I need a bit of help here. Also how do I build my own teams exactly? Like what factors do I have to pay attention to? Thanks!
(Today, 04:02 AM)Pearlchiang Wrote: Hi guys
I just drew Atlantis, haza lynx 2 erebuses and tzukuyomi. Also, I power released my dipankara and my gemini. What can I do with these cards??!!!! Please anyone I need a bit of help here. Also how do I build my own teams exactly? Like what factors do I have to pay attention to? Thanks!

Hi Pearl. Congrats on Atlantis. Rather than specific setups, I'll try to give you some more overall teambuilding advice, since you asked.

So all of those are low to high meta leaders (except Gemini who is a high meta member), that's probably the hardest part is learning to identify when a leader is decent, you really probably just have to look at what other people are doing to get through stages before you can have a sense of that. Most important factor with a leader is their leader skill and how well it can support a team through different obstacles. The problem though is that there are many leaders whose true leaderskills are within teamskills, for example Norse teams who you can look at and see just a naked multiplier, but within their teamskills there's a lot more going on. Sometimes what makes a leader good is not even stated within the game text, but is an unspoken synergy between a strong leader and a strong member. A good leader gives a team as many advantages as possible as well as sets the context of the team and what its strengths and weaknesses are.

No leader has everything, though Atlantis is pretty close. The more difficult it is for a leader to overcome a wide variety of challenges in the game, the less valuable it is as a leader. This can be as simple as the numeric multiplier the leader has being too low, or as complicated as for example Aether, who is a team that at the moment is kind of in a strange purgatory by virtue of having a competitive multiplier but a difficult team restriction that makes the teams possible with her less viable than some teams with lower multiplier. Things like time extend, freeform dissolve, two rune dissolve, extra attacks, rune cracking, runes=other runes are all bonuses that a leader can have which makes them more viable.

With members, you have to ask yourself three things:

1) Does this fit in the team I'm trying to build?
Element, race, redundancy, clashing effects. Atlantis does not need Zhao Yun for example, because why have a worse time tunnel effect in a team with minimum two time tunnels already. You cannot run Medea with Piasa because they cancel each other out. No matter how good AR Gemini is, there's no place for it in a TSZ team.

2) Is this actually good for anything?
This is the question that determines synergy. Basically, does putting this member in the team give it something that no other card in the team does? Now if it does, is what it does good enough to get past a wide range of enemy skills/defenses? Is it good enough to justify giving it a slot? Is this a card that is necessary for the team to function normally, to finish a specific stage, to increase the player's quality of life? The answer has to be yes, if it isn't then why did you train the card. Now if it is yes you have to ask:

3) Is this card the best of its kind that I can train for this particular team?
There are a load of converters. A load of boosters. All kinds of everything. Even time tunnels which were once rare and unusual are now a pretty standard thing to carry in teams that can fit them. You have to figure out which is the best for your leader and for your team, in terms of synergy, in terms of stats, in terms of effectiveness. Agatha and Nohime both fit into Nobunaga teams, and both are decent fire converters. But Agatha as a dragon has piss poor recovery, and that's difficult to carry in a team where you might also be carrying other piss poor recovery dragons like Blazochus and Shakuro. Which of the two is best? Depends on your setup.

So there's this pull of what you can do, what you should do, and your creativity in building an effective team. Really it's better for you to work on a team and keep refining it, play it to understand what its weaknesses are and how you could adjust it to be better with small tweaks until you get a team you both enjoy and can conquer a lot of stages with. Have fun teambuilding.