Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning player with very old cards
Hi, I'm a returning player from years ago! Used to run a beast mono deck, wondering what's the meta now and what deck should I use since I don't have many new cards and everything seems to be powered up to a much higher level now!

My cards are below!

water

Western Beast 4*
Witch 5*
Immortal Hero 5*
Dreamer Matthew
Odous 4*

fire

Defensive Dragon 4*
Norn 4*
Paladin 5*
Ethereal Dragon 4*
Servant of Dragons 5*
Crimson Grace 5*
Ghroth 6*

earth

Duncan 3*
Chinese Mythological Beast 5*
Norn 4*
Paladin 5*
Ethereal Dragon 4*
Zodiac 5*
Immortal Hero 5*
Yang Jian 5*
Gusty Puppet 5*
Melog 5*

light

Norn 4*
Golem 5*
Western Beast 4*
Ethereal Dragon 5*
Zodiac 5*
Servant of Dragons 5*
Chinese Mythological Beast 6*
Lisa Bufano 5*
Daoloth 5*

dark

Chinese Mythological Beast 5*
Norn 4*
Western Beast 4*
Greek God 6*
Sprite 5*
Zodiac 5*
Grumpy Puppy 5*
Moonlight Immortal Changxi 6*
Basti 5*

Uhhhhhh anyone help me plz? lol

Anyway if the fire prolouge of universe is groth, just use him as lead and put your highest leveled beast, dragon and demon cards to make a team and ally groth.

If its not groth then well read the most recent reroll guide (creds to Joaqs) or wait for CNY and open your wallet/break the bank.

Tbh if its groth i would just carry on but up to you to continue or reroll

P.s some other members will come

I summon you fauxy XD

Welcome back lol Heart

These are very old cards as you said.

First off, can you list cards by their actual name instead of series name? 
For example you have 5* Light Prologue of the Universe listed. There are 2 Light Prologue cards, both have the same stars, one is a super meta-defining leader and the other is a mostly useless common, and there's no way for me to tell which one you have. 
Same goes for the Zodiacs where you have multiple cards for each attribute, and some are better than others. 

Secondly, just to check, have you used up your ALL-MAX reward yet or have you saved it? There should be a recommendation thread in the general discussion area. There are some in particular (Daoloth, Azathoth, and Ophiuchus) recommended to new or returning players looking to quickly catch up to the current meta.

Just from what I can see, the most current leader you have is Ghroth (6* Fire Prologue), and if you have a second Prologue, you'll be able to unlock his extra teamskills. You'd need a fusion to unlock his maximum potential, which I don't think you have? But if you put in extra beasts/demons/dragons to fill stats, you should still be able to pass older content. 

Next week will have some super rare cards in the diamond pool, so I'd recommend using the opportunity to also fill up on more recent diamond draw cards you're missing.

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Wooooooo. I been summoned. I cast Judgement Bolt.

Yeah... series as names don't work any more since they upped the number of cards in a series from 5 to 8. Even Zodiac, those are important cards and you're making us guess which ones you have lol.

But Agnesi's covered most of it, if you have Ghroth, it should be your main leader, but seeing as its likely the light card you have is Ghata, your team with him will probably be kind of gimped. On the other hand, if you do actually have Daoloth, that's like one of the best possible members for Ghroth, as well as a powerful leader in and of itself.

Some resources:
Oriceles's Meta Thread
Joaqs's Reroll Guide
Blueeightnote's ALL MAX Draw Guide

This Thursday the ancient seal and the 10-draw will open and this is your best chance to fill up on new cards as all the different pools of cards will be dumped into one central diamond seal for the 10-draw (presuming it's the same as last time) and the rares and super rare black gold cards will be available through ancient seal. So this is just about the latest time you could have come back and had this chance to reacquaint yourself with the meta quickly, at least for the next couple months until we have another black card event. I suggest you get enough dimes together (all main story quests are discounted to 5 stamina so this shouldn't be so difficult given how far back you seem to have quit) to do at least one 10-draw and an ancient seal draw and hope for the best.

We'll be opening a draw thread around that time and you can come here to show us what you got and hopefully be able to recommend you some better teams.
UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Cornflower and Rose. 

Allies Available On Request:

LF: Not much. Running out of friendslots tbh.
Thanks everyone for the advice!

I do indeed have Ghroth - which is what I used my ALL-MAX draw on. The Light Prologue of Universe I have is indeed Daoloth, so that's great to hear - levelling him to max ASAP!

My current team is
Ghroth + Daoloth, Light,Dark Chinese Myth Beasts, Baphomet.
It's not too good but it's something I guess, time to wait for the CNY draws!
(02-12-2018, 04:45 PM)ampkit Wrote: Thanks everyone for the advice!

I do indeed have Ghroth - which is what I used my ALL-MAX draw on. The Light Prologue of Universe I have is indeed Daoloth, so that's great to hear - levelling him to max ASAP!

My current team is
Ghroth + Daoloth, Light,Dark Chinese Myth Beasts, Baphomet.
It's not too good but it's something I guess, time to wait for the CNY draws!

Daoloth is an extremely strong leader, and Daoloth teams were one of the first teams to succeed in passing the recently released super hard transmigration stage "An Uphill Battle". Between Daoloth and Ghroth, you should have no problem getting caught up to the current meta, I think.

For now, you could try:

Daoloth - Light Chinese Beast - Honor - Tulzcha - Griffin - Daoloth.

The "meta" team for Daoloth is usually:

Daoloth + Pluma + Fenrir (PR Solar/PR Lunar Sirius) + Colin + Daoloth 

3 of them are Ultimate Lords, the other is a draw from the friend seal. For Fenrir, depending on the guild you're in, you may be able ask the guild leader to buy access to the stages for Solar and Lunar Sirius early (since you've missed their return recently). 

Remember to farm the skill feeders for Daoloth before evolving. You should still be able to access the feeder stages in the guild black hole. 

For Ghroth, the team you're using should be ok for now, although I would recommend another heart converter over Baphomet, since Ghroth uses heart as a universal rune. Ghroth teams often also use Fenrir, but other fusions like Achilles + Thetis will also work pretty well.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Training Fenrir will be pretty good for both teams. You should check with your GM.

Ideal Ghroth team for you should be Ghroth - Daoloth - Fenrir (LD Sirius) - Colin/Aforgomon + Ghroth.

2 Ghroths will copy the highest base attack in the team just by running Leader/Ally Ghroth, this is why a fusion is powerful. What makes Daoloth good for Ghroth is that he activates the 2nd tier of his teamskill which gives the team another 1.5x to all stats. Recovery still might be a problem but you'll have enough HP and Attack to stay afloat.

Agnesi already covered Daoloth team.
UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Cornflower and Rose. 

Allies Available On Request:

LF: Not much. Running out of friendslots tbh.