Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning after 4 years, wanting to go mono or dual
Hey guys, so a bit about me : I started playing 4 years (or more) ago but stopped pretty soon because I didn't have much time to invest (baby and work). But I kept logging on here and there to get the free diamonds / pulls so I still managed to get a bunch of units (although they are pretty much not leveled at all).

So now, I finally can play this game fully but tbh, I have so many units that I don't know what to invest in. Before my break, I was playing a mono dark PR Loki team with PR Odin - Pollux - Alma - Bapho (each of them were All Max).

Here are my units :

Dark :

God : Pollux, Alma, Loki, Tsukuyomi, Odin, Raguel, Norvi, Artemis, Osiris, John, SGB, Namtar, Tsukuyomi (MS collab), Happy Prince, Erebus, Izanami

Demon : Mastema, Felix, Lu Bu (the old one), Todd, Tsuchigumo, Feng Chih Hen

Human : Ye Shai Chai (3x), G-Dragon, Diao Chan, Xiahou Dun, Lu Bu (the new one), Endor, Thomas Midgley, Yue Jin Zhao, Sumatra, Athena Asamiya, Yocto, Deus Ex

Beast : Bapho, Lynx, GSoD

Dragon : Golem, Faugn, Novalis (x2), Wawel

Elf : Rose, Komatsuhime, Hyacinth, Malphas

Light :

God : Inanna, Luna (x2), Gabriel, Appolo, Thor, Galio, Persephone, Jiang Shang, God Striker, Magic Lamp, Thrud, Aether, Bael, Lyra

Demon : Faust, Jack, Imanotsurugi etc, Kejourou, Beelzebub, Tokugawa

Human : Ming Hsiu, Yi Yeh Shu, Marbas, Nathaniel, Lisa Bufano, Tang Hsue Jian, Dodo, Morse, Mahonin, Sima Yi, Kushinada, Benimaru Nikaido, Terry Bogard, Huang Zhong, Valac

Beast : Ra, Mitty and Marble

Dragon : Tulzscha, Honor, Fafnir, Copper Bullet

Elf : Strelitzia

Water :

God : Pisces, Carrie, Atrahasis, Raphael, Abraham, Susanoo

Demon : Elizabeth, Beowulf, Scrubia, Yuki Onna, Louis

Human : Zhao Ling Er, Su Huan Jen, Troy, Wen Zhong, Cai Wenji, Swedge, Molly, Gretchen etc, Han Ling Sha, Yue Qi, Aloha, Baby King, Guan Yu, Sun Quan, Galahad, Azai, Oichi, Ji Wu Wang, Sie Kensou

Beast : Tefnut

Dragon : Ursula, Dagon, Kulkan

Elf : Vepar, Pupuro, Sera, Andromeda, May Lily

Fire :

God : Armstrong, Yan, Amaterasu, Tyr, Poppy, Dipankara (is it me or he had another name before ? oO), Skeggjald, Heimdallr, Phanes, Kagutsuchi, Perseus, Auriga

Demon : Achilles, Jackie, Mo Wang Zi, Shuten Doji

Human : Medea, Mai Shiranui, Agnesi, Tae Yang, Boyciana, Rococo, Tristan, Bedivere

Beast : Suzuko

Dragon : Agatha, Seth, Chtugha, Piasa

Elf : Clara, Sakura, Rosemellow, Marchosias

Earth :

God : Ophiuchus (x2), Domon, Hertz, Sariel, Geironul,Vali, Gaia, Huifre, Izanagi

Demon : Diarmuid, Yaoji, Belle (x2), Rosa Sisters, Karasutengu, Treasure Hunter, Samel, Samle, Yibb Tstll

Human : Hideyoshi, Yang Jian, Duncan, Circe, Seungri, Altair, Jing Tian, Jiang Yun Fang, Yunyang, Liu Bei, Gawain, Gareth, Jian Zhi Chu, Kim, Lu Xun

Beast : Bull King, Inari

Dragon : Nidhogg, Shu, Barbara (x2), Draco, Byakhee

Elf : Matryoshka, (Kindle) Paperwhite

So that's about it. I have tons of Harpies, Baby Harpies, some spare mats and max black hole keys. So I think, at most, I can All Max a full team, but that would be all atm I guess. That's why I'm kinda confused as to where to invest my ressources.
Also, I heard about the All Max event and read about the top picks. Honestly, I don't want to pick Aza or Daoloth, even if I understand that they're powerful, I just don't like their arts and I'd like to avoid playing dragon if possible.

I really like mono or dual team (YSC / YYS) and of course beautiful arts (I'd hate to play some fat gross one-eyed or multi-eyed demon).

As for my all max pick, tbh... I want to pick Daji. I kinda guess that she's out of meta ? But hey, when I started she was like THE card that I could only see from others, THE card I've always wanted to pull but never did after almost 5 years. So yeah, mostly sentimental value and of course beautiful VR art (I really like these kind of art, like YSC, SHJ, or any other wuxia/xianxia themed card).

So, what would be my best bet ? It would be nice if I can somehow include Daji as a member (as I understand she's not a top leader anymore).
(Also, just being curious, in my stead, aside from Daji, who would you guys pick with the event ?)

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post !

You have a few options, starting from the good old Izanagi with Circe or Hideyoshi mono earth humans or go with the sort hyped Ophiuchus but that is more rainbow than mono but can use Daji, if you have any extra copy of the Greek gods just go straight for power release and the virtual rebirth using the extra copy because vr Greeks are awesome! I would also recommend a Sakura or Rose team cause they are awesome, they can use Dan I but are a weird rainbow that actually focus on dissolving as much as possible in the first batch and then counting on the heart and or fire sky drops from the team skill that have the effect of all runes to attack.

It all depends on what caught your attention. Anyways it is a good idea to astral recall Luna and Pollux because they can be core on a lot of teams.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
Congrats on still managing to get a ton of quality leaders lmao. Tongue I think besides the Prologue rares, you've got most of the still-viable leaders, so if you're really dead set on not running Daoloth/Azathoth, you should probably just choose whatever you feel like. If not Daji, maybe a recent exclusive seal leader whose playstyle/art you think is interesting?

Elf mono for beautiful art + Daji: 

Sakura + Paperwhite + Strelitzia + Andromeda + Daji/Rose + Sakura

Rose + Paperwhite + Strelitzia + Andromeda + Daji(?) + Rose

Rose is harder to spin than Sakura is so a time tunnel like Daji is pretty useful there. Bringing Strelitzia and/or Paperwhite is a must to trigger the tumbler teamskill. You're missing a lot of the nice support cards for elf mono like Shyplant and Cactus, though. You can also go farm PR Yvette in the Lost Relic Pass Registry since she'll give a nice 2x attack for 3 turns. 

The OP Ophi team everyone really likes: 

Ophiuchus + AR Pollux + AR Luna + VR Odin/PR Osiris + Daji(?)/PR Yvette + Ophiuchus

Pollux must be AR (awakening recall) for this team to work. For Luna, it is highly recommended that you AR her, but not immediately necessary. Odin is good here if VR, Osiris is good if PR and all max. You don't have great elves for this team unfortunately (people typically like Shyplant for constant 1.5x dmg and effective recovery 2x), but you can put in whatever works decently with Pollux. Daji would give you a third time tunnel which might be a bit excessive but it's up to you.

Dark mono:
You can play Tsukuyomi/Anubis, dual VR Loki, dual VR Artemis, or dual Lubu (human). Up to you what you prefer, although Odin must be VR for Loki to work. The potential members are mostly the same: AR Pollux and/or AR Alma for constant damage boost, VR Odin and/or PR Happy Prince for multi-turn damage booster, PR Osiris and/or Yocto for board clearing.
It goes without saying that Pollux and Alma should be AR if you want to use them for constant damage boosting! Except for Tsuku/Anu, you can put in Daji if you want to.

Earth mono:
Izanagi + Circe + AR Hertz + Matryoshka(?) + Nidhogg(?) + Izanagi 

Circe is basically mandatory since Izanagi is a bit old as a leader. Matroshka+Nidhogg is a very common combo for tackling SM/NM since you get constant super recovery with high HP, though not necessary on every stage. AR Hertz has a effective CD3, so he's really strong. Otherwise, put in 
strong damage boosters and utility cards like Sariel, Ali Baba? Avoid converters

Diaochan/Amaterasu:

Diaochan + AR Pollux + AR Luna + Izanagi + PR Raphael + Amaterasu

AR Pollux and AR Luna are the core of the team, other two should be gods and water/earth to maximize attributes for a stat boost from Diaochan. Burst with 15+ heart conversion. 

You have Su Huan Jen for water leader but non-Atlantis water teams are still not the greatest. For Fire mono, you have Amaterasu, but that's a pretty weird playstyle and typically calls for expensive DIY CD reduction crafts. 
For Light mono, you'll need 2x PR ML to run VR Apollo or PR Beezelbub and they aren't necessarily top tier light leaders. 

You could also run something like: 

3x YSC (all max) + Morse (or other Light human) + 2x YYS (all max)

but that's an extremely expensive one-trick pony, so I'd go for one of the above teams instead of dumping that many souls into this...

It sounds like your Dark mono is already partly maxed, so that might be the least expensive team to get up and running, and any team with access to AR Pollux is really strong, since AR Pollux's damage boost is immune to neutralize/resets. You'll probably need a working dark team to pass the AR battle though, so Lu Bu, VR Artemis or Tsukuyomi might be a better investment than VR Loki (since you'd need VR Odin as well). 

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Thanks guys for your input !

So, all things considered, I decided to update / upgrade my dark team first so I can have enough firepower and level whatever I want later. (Anyways, I was always biased towards dark, haha, so it's all good)

As of now, I just finished Artemis (PR and All Max) and I love her so far.

However, I have a question, how can I play both VR Artemis and VR Daji in the same team ? If I want to play Daji, I guess I have to use PR Artemis instead of VR Artemis as leader ?

Or is it somehow fine to give Daji a spot in an all god team ? Or will it really hurt ?

My plan is :

VR / PR Artemis - VR Daji (?) - AR Pollux - AR Alma - ???

As for the last member, I was thinking, either Loki (he's ready), Izanami (if VR lead) or Norvi (they both aren't leveled). What do you think ? Also, how are Tsukuyomi and Lynx as potential members ?

I really like Lynx's art, but I don't know if she's needed at all (in the case I decide to use PR Artemis instead of VR)...
(01-28-2018, 06:02 AM)Xharyel Wrote: Thanks guys for your input !

So, all things considered, I decided to update / upgrade my dark team first so I can have enough firepower and level whatever I want later. (Anyways, I was always biased towards dark, haha, so it's all good)

As of now, I just finished Artemis (PR and All Max) and I love her so far.

However, I have a question, how can I play both VR Artemis and VR Daji in the same team ? If I want to play Daji, I guess I have to use PR Artemis instead of VR Artemis as leader ?

Or is it somehow fine to give Daji a spot in an all god team ? Or will it really hurt ?

My plan is :

VR / PR Artemis - VR Daji (?) - AR Pollux - AR Alma - ???

As for the last member, I was thinking, either Loki (he's ready), Izanami (if VR lead) or Norvi (they both aren't leveled). What do you think ? Also, how are Tsukuyomi and Lynx as potential members ?

I really like Lynx's art, but I don't know if she's needed at all (in the case I decide to use PR Artemis instead of VR)...

If you VR a card, it will have 2 forms to switch between. One is typically a buffed version of the original form (refinement or OVR), the other is a totally new version with different skills (divergence or NVR). Once you VR Artemis, you'll be able to swap her to OVR form which doesn't require all gods and is basically classic Greek with out any need for converters. They reward a lot of initial combos and attribute dissolves with more rune drops, so a time tunnel could come in handy. 

As a last member I highly recommend PR Osiris because recent stages have a ton of board hazards...Tsukuyomi has some use as an utility as well. Loki isn't much use as a member unless NVR, and OVR Greeks don't really want a lot of conversion, IMO. Not sure how well Lynx works in OVR Greeks, I haven't tested it yet. You can put in whatever you've got leveled temporarily though.
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
Thank you agnesi ! I'm almost done with my mono dark :

[Image: v0nRSTC.png]

I'm waiting my stamina to recover to get more scorpio tokens so I can AR Alma. Smile

I still have a bunch of mats so I'm also starting to work on a second team, and I guess my best shot would be mono fire (I drew Chessia, Cao Cao, Ninurta and Uriel in a row).
For now, here's the team I'm thinking of making :

[Image: AIH93pj.png]

I find Chessia to be really interesting and seems fun to play. And with Divergence Yan, I think it might be pretty good. The only thing I'm not sure of is Suzuko. I put her mainly because I like her evo art very much and I think that her skill can come in handy.

But wouldn't Poppy or Heimdallr be better ? I would be fine with either Poppy or Suzuko tbh.

Is this team okay ? Or would you make some adjustments ?
That Chessia team looks good but don't put Heim and divergence fire bride cause you can't use both active at the same time, also Heim is a little redundant with Chessia cause she explodes hearts. I tried a similar team with divergence bride and there are a good amount of fire runes every turn which makes me be a little wary of putting Suzuko cause she can flood the board with fire and make it so you can't dissolve enough attributes fire the full multiplier. Also between leader, ally and Mai there should be enough conversion.
Bedivere, Medea, refinement fire bride is a common combo on Chessia but divergence bride is fun.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
Okay, thanks for the input ! I overlooked Bedivere and indeed, she seems great ! If I understand correctly, with her active, as long as I do 5 or more combos every turn, I'll have Team Attack x2 ? No hidden conditions ? It seems too good to be true ?

I'm almost done with AR Alma then I'll start working on the fire team, starting with their slvl. Can't wait to try it out ! Big Grin

EDIT :

I just learned that Refinement Bride stacks with Bedivere and Medea. Does it make it Team Attack x6 then ? oO
If so, wouldn't it be better to just use Refinement Bride instead of Divergence ?
Bedivere sounds good on paper but with a very long CD at min CD 10 and requiring 5 combos to maintain the effect, it's easy to a)beat most of the stage before you can even use Bedivere or b)use her and then lose her effect after a few turns due to a mistake. 

Its actually combined 8x for 2x2x2. All multipliers in the game...multiply. Usually you end up needing some utility members for specific stages though so you can't go with all constant damage boost. Secondly a team with a lot of constant damage boosts can be very weak to neutralize and reset enemies. 

Divergence Yan adds damage and recovery to Chessia team by increased fire skydrop rate. Chessia's damage really suffers if you don't have NVR Yan since you depend totally on fire runes to heal and attack. So its very easy to run out of fire runes without NVR Yan.
Obviously OVR Yan would be quite good as well, but most people only have one copy.
Ow.... I didn't know they multiplied... Damn. That's actually really nice to know, thanks.

Okay, I kinda get it. Is x8 overkill in terms of damage ?

In that case, if I keep OVR Yan (I'll try both NVR and OVR anyways), who would you replace Bedivere with (since she's the only one I haven't maxed yet) ? I'm considering Doris if I keep using OVR Yan, since NVR would render her useless. But using Doris would mean using my All Max Pick (so no Daji, but I can live with that).