Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning after 3 years - Need help with Progression & Teambuilding
(01-25-2018, 03:09 AM)agnesi Wrote: For the seal bosses, they've done Saruman → Sirius x2 → Diablo → Khaos (this week) so far, so you haven't missed him, they're just skipping around.  

On the topic of Khaos, is Nyx 100% mandatory for his SM? I have no way of clearing the 9th seal in time and I'm wondering if I should even attempt the SM with my VR Apollo team. If missing Nyx just means I have to spend 1-2 additional diamonds somewhere then I'd probably try to get 1 copy anyway.

(01-26-2018, 04:54 AM)RainyBeat Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 03:09 AM)agnesi Wrote: For the seal bosses, they've done Saruman → Sirius x2 → Diablo → Khaos (this week) so far, so you haven't missed him, they're just skipping around.  

On the topic of Khaos, is Nyx 100% mandatory for his SM? I have no way of clearing the 9th seal in time and I'm wondering if I should even attempt the SM with my VR Apollo team. If missing Nyx just means I have to spend 1-2 additional diamonds somewhere then I'd probably try to get 1 copy anyway.

Not necessary but highly recommended. It could cost more than a couple of diams depending on your team setup because you get a full neutralize reset for the whole team without Nyx at the end, and if you're running an ML setup, that could be GG. Some people cleared with Arthur last time. Basically teams that take advantage of Revolutionary Heroes not actually having CD.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(01-26-2018, 04:54 AM)R ainyBeat Wrote: On the topic of Khaos, is Nyx 100% mandatory for his SM? I have no way of clearing the 9th seal in time and I'm wondering if I should even attempt the SM with my VR Apollo team. If missing Nyx just means I have to spend 1-2 additional diamonds somewhere then I'd probably try to get 1 copy anyway.

You can enter without Nyx. However the first phase of the boss will reset all CD and neutralize all actives if you don't bring Nyx. Plus there are a couple of 2s spin/monochrome runes/quintet shield enemies which are a lot easier if you have Nyx. So its considerably more difficult and you're almost definitely going to need diamond revives on the boss if you don't have a fancy CD reduction DC.
But it's a stage that can be cleared if you have enough diamonds.

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
(01-26-2018, 05:05 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Not necessary but highly recommended. It could cost more than a couple of diams depending on your team setup because you get a full neutralize reset for the whole team without Nyx at the end, and if you're running an ML setup, that could be GG. Some people cleared with Arthur last time. Basically teams that take advantage of Revolutionary Heroes not actually having CD.

Yeah I just looked it up, a full skill reset seems really rough. Greek teams usually only need a single set of heart runes to heal back to full so I'm thinking it's doable but it's probably not worth the stress and diamonds (my spinning skills are also decidedly worse than that Arthur user's in the YT vid). Are Khaos x Khaos teams even a thing?
(01-26-2018, 05:17 AM)RainyBeat Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 05:05 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Not necessary but highly recommended. It could cost more than a couple of diams depending on your team setup because you get a full neutralize reset for the whole team without Nyx at the end, and if you're running an ML setup, that could be GG. Some people cleared with Arthur last time. Basically teams that take advantage of Revolutionary Heroes not actually having CD.

Yeah I just looked it up, a full skill reset seems really rough. Greek teams usually only need a single set of heart runes to heal back to full so I'm thinking it's doable but it's probably not worth the stress and diamonds (my spinning skills are also decidedly worse than that Arthur user's in the YT vid). Are Khaos x Khaos teams even a thing?

When he first came out people ran dual Khaos, but it's kind of dropped off I think. The thing about it is that you need a team of only sealed lords to get the full benefit and most people just don't have the team cost for that + Sprites/Khaos and Lionel/Khaos are just a lot more efficient and flexible. Some people probably still do it, it's hard to tell.

In any case, Khaos is a very good card to have as a member for other dark teams because he's got boundary breaking and time tunnel, on top of just having massive stats. Also, you know, it's good to encourage people to actually run Khaos as their adjutant otherwise all these teams with the F2P content aren't going to get much of anywhere.

Healing is okay with Greeks, but one of the arms hits for 60k+ damage, so I don't think you should treat surviving to recover as a viable strategy.
Ended up powering through the 9th seal today. Grabbed Nyx and attempted the Khaos SM with an Apollo team. Lost 7-8 diamonds, all on 8a and 8b (to no one's surprise). Can't say I'm proud of it but I'll just keep telling myself that Khaos is worth the 8 diamonds I spent.

Edit: I have two more questions:
1.The 28 Day Sign-In reward is a monster from the Mystical Beast Companion series. The text in the Sign-In UI reads "A random Monster of a specific series" and I'm being shown Haza's icon. Am I guaranteed to get Haza since that's the portrait I'm seeing or will it be random after all?

2. At least 3 people in my guild obtained "Terry" today which I assume is an event card. How exactly is it obtained? The event page at http://www.towerofsaviors.com/en/archives/14671 says "Summoners will be rewarded a additional “Terry” by the first time they get the 5th Anniversary Reward since 27 Jan ." at the very bottom but it doesn't really make sense to me. Am I supposed to redeem a certain reward that was given out today?
Grats. Khaos is not an easy stage even with the most optimal teams for the job, it's very easy to falter or get unlucky and end up dying. No shame in losing some dimes, I did too (well, to stamina) and I literally have the intended leader to clear, Maya.

Answers:
1) It's random, everyone sees Haza.
2) I seemed to have gotten him after drawing from the Gods and Demons seal, but I don't know if they're actually related or they just synced up. There's no word of him on the wiki, so I dunno. Try restarting your app first.
Terry comes from getting all 5's on the slot machine. I have 2 now
On the off chance that someone reads this in time, we have 2 days left to make a choice for the All-Max draw and I have yet to make my selection.
I'm trying to decide between the big 3: Ophiuchus, Daoloth and Azathoth. I can make functional teams for all of them as I own a maxed out Fenrir + Pluma + Ra + Colin for Daoloth, Luna + Pollux + Shyplant + Daji for Ophiuchus and Novalis + Ursula + Colin + Nidhogg for Azathoth. I'm mostly trying to determine which of the 3 leaders will have the most staying power and flexibility in the meta. For reference, my main teams are Greeks (for literally every element).
As always any input would be greatly appreciated.
(04-13-2018, 08:13 PM)RainyBeat Wrote: On the off chance that someone reads this in time, we have 2 days left to make a choice for the All-Max draw and I have yet to make my selection.
I'm trying to decide between the big 3: Ophiuchus, Daoloth and Azathoth. I can make functional teams for all of them as I own a maxed out Fenrir + Pluma + Ra + Colin for Daoloth, Luna + Pollux + Shyplant + Daji for Ophiuchus and Novalis + Ursula + Colin + Nidhogg for Azathoth.  I'm mostly trying to determine which of the 3 leaders will have the most staying power and flexibility in the meta.  For reference, my main teams are Greeks (for literally every element).
As always any input would be greatly appreciated.

Aza