Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning after 3 years - Need help with Progression & Teambuilding
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. I think I'll purchase an LR Sprite Pass, farm up my Yvette and try out Yvette + Khaos as I already have a PR Nidhogg and an All-Max Circe/Medusa. At the same time I'll work on VR'ing Odin and getting Pollux and Alma AR'd. I have dupes for both of them, is Pollux strong enough to consider running 2 of him on a Loki team?

I have a couple of additional general questions that should be easy to answer for you guys:
1. How do people efficiently level their cards these days? Are Soulstones and such easier to acquire now?
2. Do you have a recommended stage to farm exp at? I'm guessing Seals 8 and 9 are the most efficient during the event period since they only cost 5 stamina (please correct me if I'm wrong). Are any of those stages particularly easy? I remember struggling quite a bit with Seal 8.
3. How exactly are Black Cards acquired? To my understanding I get at least 5 Ancient Coins for drawing from virtually any seal. Does this mean I can draw right now and save up Ancient Coins for when the Seal opens and then use them to try for Atlantis or the other powerhouses?

Smile 
(01-16-2018, 05:46 AM)RainyBeat Wrote: Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. I think I'll purchase an LR Sprite Pass, farm up my Yvette and try out Yvette + Khaos as I already have a PR Nidhogg and an All-Max Circe/Medusa. At the same time I'll work on VR'ing Odin and getting Pollux and Alma AR'd. I have dupes for both of them, is Pollux strong enough to consider running 2 of him on a Loki team?

I have a couple of additional general questions that should be easy to answer for you guys:
1. How do people efficiently level their cards these days? Are Soulstones and such easier to acquire now?
2. Do you have a recommended stage to farm exp at? I'm guessing Seals 8 and 9 are the most efficient during the event period since they only cost 5 stamina (please correct me if I'm wrong). Are any of those stages particularly easy? I remember struggling quite a bit with Seal 8.
3. How exactly are Black Cards acquired? To my understanding I get at least 5 Ancient Coins for drawing from virtually any seal. Does this mean I can draw right now and save up Ancient Coins for when the Seal opens and then use them to try for Atlantis or the other powerhouses?

The card you need to complete the standard Yvette team is Yunyang, though there's no real way of "aiming" for him. Good luck.

I don't actually know if Pollux stacks. I think it's not quite worth the effort though, most teams need space for utility and one Pollux is plenty, at least at the moment. Norse especially, is a very crowded team setup, because you want Odin and maybe Gondul and if you're lucky enough to get him definitely Anubis.

Soulstones come easy if you use them smartly, you get some every day from stamina consumption reward. Don't use the larger ones except to feed Plump Beasts, which when max leveled have a significant bonus to EXP given from being used as materials. The smaller ones you can feed to mobs with a high EXP per level ratio, like the evolved Little Witches and basic Elves you get from most stages, some of the newer feeders like the ones for KotR also have a pretty high EXP ratio.

See, the reason why people are farming 8 and 9 are because a lot of newer leaders with all-max teams supporting them make those stages no brainers that can just be fumbled through while doing something else. You, as a person without those leaders, might wanna pick more carefully. Whatever stage you can manage that has a good EXP per stamina ratio (I've said ratio too much now) is good.

Black Cards come from a limited drawing event which goes unannounced until the week before it drops. This event allows two unique types of drawing:
1) the 10 card seal draw, which allows you to draw 10 cards from the diamond seal at once (they combine it again so the seals are no longer split) with a very minimal chance of drawing into the featured black cards* (though some have guessed that there is a secret pity mechanic), and
2) the Ancient Coin Seal, which you can draw into with 100 Ancient Coins. The pool of the AC Seal is limited to rares from previous series, black cards, as well as a few "junk" cards that MH puts in because they love drinking people's tears.

Note that you can also single draw from the same pool as the 10 card draw. If you really want to draw for Black, better to save than spend because every draw is a shot at a Black card once the event occurs, which is expected to be in the middle of the upcoming patch, probably around CNY, sometime after the rare up day for the upcoming RoTK2 series. You will still be awarded Ancient Coins for draws made during the event.

*Not all are available every event, so far there are three black card series Flowers of Pledge [The Yanxi Brides], Genesis [Maya, Atlantis, Anubis], and Sindhu [TSZ and Rakshasa], Sindhu has only been available once, but is expected to return CNY with a new member. Uncertain if Genesis or the Brides will be returning also.

UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Cornflower and Rose. 

Allies Available On Request:

LF: Not much. Running out of friendslots tbh.
Don't forget of the cherry on the cake: Hel, but that is too far lol.

Double Pollux does stack, you can run multiple versions of AR cards and they will stack except for Alma which seems to bug. But multiple pollux sounds more like a meme unless you are running Diaochan + Amaterasu or something like that.

You also get souls easy soul stones from: the roulette, 100 stamina consumption, clearing 3 stages, and completing guild missions.

The stage that grants the most exp right now is Yog Sothot final stage with 5000 exp per run, all other stages grant 3500-4500 on 8th 9th seal, haven't check 7th tho.

During the event period you can also draw the new black card out of the normal diamond seal pool, the banner is merged tho. I managed to get Atlantis with just 10 diamonds, but that was my best luck on 2017, most people used around 100 diamonds trying to get 1.

Personally I'm looking forward for Rakshasa and Anubis.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
Within a year the meta is often completely different. Will you do better on achievements or stupidly hard SM/NM stages with a deep card library? Yes. But many of those cards end up not being used all that heavily in the end. For example, look at the now closed Qi Tian Di SM stage. http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/The_God_of_Doom That stage was still hard 6 months after its first release despite significant power creep in that time. That card isn't obtainable any more. But will you miss out for not having it? I doubt it as there are many other dark cards that can do a sufficient job to substitute for the rune explosion.

For the most part MH does a decent job allowing new players to keep pace with the game. For example, your Azathoth team might be most efficient with Novalis, Ursula, etc. but Azathoth as a leader card does a decent job with most team members. The same thing with Daoloth which has mostly farmable members although you'll likely have to wait a while for the Sirius SM/NM to come back.

Black cards tend to jump the power level up so assuming you're willing to spend real $$$ on the upcoming black card you'll likely do ok even with marginal additional cards. Not all black cards are of equal quality though. Maya is still near unbeatable for many circumstances and has replaced TSZ, another black card, for most stages. Atlantis was the most recent black card but as it's a water card isn't quite as popular seemingly. Many of the older black cards have long been forgotten and are best as utility members (water xi anyone?) Some stages are designed for the new black card. I'd expect a future SM to be specifically geared to the upcoming black card. But the reward for that SM is not likely to stay relevant for more than half a year and may not even be relevant when it's released.
(01-21-2018, 07:30 AM)Durumana Wrote: Black cards tend to jump the power level up so assuming you're willing to spend real $$$ on the upcoming black card you'll likely do ok even with marginal additional cards. Not all black cards are of equal quality though. Maya is still near unbeatable for many circumstances and has replaced TSZ, another black card, for most stages. Atlantis was the most recent black card but as it's a water card isn't quite as popular seemingly. Many of the older black cards have long been forgotten and are best as utility members (water xi anyone?) Some stages are designed for the new black card. I'd expect a future SM to be specifically geared to the upcoming black card. But the reward for that SM is not likely to stay relevant for more than half a year and may not even be relevant when it's released.

Mmm. I think the case isn't that Maya has replaced TSZ. Consensus is still that TSZ is stronger after all. I think it's that a lot of people have Maya and very few people have TSZ since he was released before the Ancient Seal became a thing and hasn't been available since except as event prizes from MH. Many of the popular YTer's like Aaronyxy don't use TSZ because they don't have TSZ.

Other than Water Xi, all black cards are still pretty relevant. Like, I would love to have my own Anubis or Fire Yan. Being better members than leaders doesn't mean they're not really desirable. It's just we can't talk about them all the time because they're not available, and other cards are.

The PR Sprite + Khaos combination has been serving me very well, thanks again for recommending it. I used the Earth version and Yvette + PR Nidhogg + Medusa + Shu + Circe ended up being a pretty versatile team with a lot of utility and respectable damage. I AR'd my Luna and VR'd my Apollo last night so I actually feel like I own a viable leader again (even though I'm sick of light).

I'm still in the process of re-acquainting myself with the game and here's my next set of questions:
1) Will certain arena rewards cycle back into the pool eventually? I'm particularly miffed about missing the female Norse skins and most recently the Lionel, which brings me to question 2:
2) I missed out on the Lionel that disappeared from the rewards section yesterday. The reward shop now only lists one Lionel for purchase but according to the wiki, I need 2 of them to evolve it to its final stage. Will another Lionel be available soon?
3) The Arena seems to favor very fast teams, meaning my Greek team doesn't fare too well because of how slow it is. Are there solid F2P leader options for arena or am I just gonna have to get lucky during the next Ancient Coin Seal event?

4)The Trade Fortress is offering 5 of each Plump Beast in exchange for 4 Prime Millenium stones and 5000 coins, I assume this is a very good deal and I should make sure to trade all of my Prime stones in?

Lastly, I found the following monsters in my inventory and added them to my original post:

Vali
Gaia

Azazel
Yuki-Onna

Lisa Buffano
Kejourou
Dodo
Hamel

Todd

Vali, Azazel and Dodo all seem pretty usable but I'm not sure if it's going to change the overall evaluation of my inventory.
I also just realized this thread probably belongs in the Ask The Community section, sorry about that.
(01-24-2018, 02:49 AM)RainyBeat Wrote: The PR Sprite + Khaos combination has been serving me very well, thanks again for recommending it. I used the Earth version and Yvette + PR Nidhogg + Medusa + Shu + Circe ended up being a pretty versatile team with a lot of utility and respectable damage. I AR'd my Luna and VR'd my Apollo last night so I actually feel like I own a viable leader again (even though I'm sick of light).

I'm still in the process of re-acquainting myself with the game and here's my next set of questions:
1) Will certain arena rewards cycle back into the pool eventually? I'm particularly miffed about missing the female Norse skins and most recently the Lionel, which brings me to question 2:
2) I missed out on the Lionel that disappeared from the rewards section yesterday. The reward shop now only lists one Lionel for purchase but according to the wiki, I need 2 of them to evolve it to its final stage. Will another Lionel be available soon?
3) The Arena seems to favor very fast teams, meaning my Greek team doesn't fare too well because of how slow it is. Are there solid F2P leader options for arena or am I just gonna have to get lucky during the next Ancient Coin Seal event?

4)The Trade Fortress is offering 5 of each Plump Beast in exchange for 4 Prime Millenium stones and 5000 coins, I assume this is a very good deal and I should make sure to trade all of my Prime stones in?

Lastly, I found the following monsters in my inventory and added them to my original post:

Vali
Gaia

Azazel
Yuki-Onna

Lisa Buffano
Kejourou
Dodo
Hamel

Todd

Vali, Azazel and Dodo all seem pretty usable but I'm not sure if it's going to change the overall evaluation of my inventory.
I also just realized this thread probably belongs in the Ask The Community section, sorry about that.

1) Old skins were recently reintroduced through the Soul Exchange at the Trade Fortress. It's likely that all skins (barring collabs) will eventually find their way there. As for actual arena cards, only one has returned so far, but they are Madhead original content (barring collabs) so they'll probably find a way to make them available once more eventually. Recently all of the stages which had expired at Lost Relic Pass (Older SMs like the Celestial Divinities) were reinstated, now with seemingly no expiration date and available as F2P content for everyone, so that's hopeful that many of the cards you've missed will eventually return.
2) Lionel is available every time the arena grade system goes live, around every patch and a half. You get an SLV10 Lionel at grade 3, 5, and 7 as of right now, probably the next time it comes around there will be one available at 10 alongside a new evolution. Those that are available for purchase from the arena rewards section are meant to be used as evolution mats.
3) The main things about arena are: the number of turns you finish the run in and the amount of points you still have by the end. Time is measured but honestly it doesn't seem to make as much of a difference as finishing 6 stages in 6 turns. The amount of points you have are bolstered by the monsters that you're using to attack, certain monsters are given bonus points for being included, often time the featured series' of the patch. You can check these at "Monsters' Details" from the arena screen.
4) I think it's a good deal. It's 2 Prime Millenium to max out a Plump Beast, so basically you pay 2 for the Beast itself and then the 2 you would have used to level it anyway. Gold is negligible once you get to a certain point, and MH loves to give out a few million every now and then.
5) Dodo is a feasible leader for Druid Beast team, but that team is a little dependent on a JO card that has yet to make its return so I wouldn't put in much of an investment if you have better options. Azazel is okay as a generic Water leader.

(01-24-2018, 03:11 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 02:49 AM)RainyBeat Wrote: The PR Sprite + Khaos combination has been serving me very well, thanks again for recommending it. I used the Earth version and Yvette + PR Nidhogg + Medusa + Shu + Circe ended up being a pretty versatile team with a lot of utility and respectable damage. I AR'd my Luna and VR'd my Apollo last night so I actually feel like I own a viable leader again (even though I'm sick of light).

Vali
Gaia

Azazel
Yuki-Onna

Lisa Buffano
Kejourou
Dodo
Hamel

Todd

1) Old skins were recently reintroduced through the Soul Exchange at the Trade Fortress. It's likely that all skins (barring collabs) will eventually find their way there. As for actual arena cards, only one has returned so far, but they are Madhead original content (barring collabs) so they'll probably find a way to make them available once more eventually. Recently all of the stages which had expired at Lost Relic Pass (Older SMs like the Celestial Divinities) were reinstated, now with seemingly no expiration date and available as F2P content for everyone, so that's hopeful that many of the cards you've missed will eventually return.
2) Lionel is available every time the arena grade system goes live, around every patch and a half. You get an SLV10 Lionel at grade 3, 5, and 7 as of right now, probably the next time it comes around there will be one available at 10 alongside a new evolution. Those that are available for purchase from the arena rewards section are meant to be used as evolution mats.
3) The main things about arena are: the number of turns you finish the run in and the amount of points you still have by the end. Time is measured but honestly it doesn't seem to make as much of a difference as finishing 6 stages in 6 turns. The amount of points you have are bolstered by the monsters that you're using to attack, certain monsters are given bonus points for being included, often time the featured series' of the patch. You can check these at "Monsters' Details" from the arena screen.
4) I think it's a good deal. It's 2 Prime Millenium to max out a Plump Beast, so basically you pay 2 for the Beast itself and then the 2 you would have used to level it anyway. Gold is negligible once you get to a certain point, and MH loves to give out a few million every now and then.
5) Dodo is a feasible leader for Druid Beast team, but that team is a little dependent on a JO card that has yet to make its return so I wouldn't put in much of an investment if you have better options. Azazel is okay as a generic Water leader.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
By the way, did I somehow miss Odin's SM or has he not returned yet?
Odin hasn't returned. I'm hoping that his stage being available for guild purchase isn't a sign that he's not returning though because that would be piss shit.

For the seal bosses, they've done Saruman → Sirius x2 → Diablo → Khaos (this week) so far, so you haven't missed him, they're just skipping around.  
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.