Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning after 3 years - Need help with Progression & Teambuilding
Question 
So I basically haven't played in close to 3 years and I'm currently contemplating if it's even worth returning to this game given a lot of my units are obsolete now. Even after reading up on some of the changes and consulting Oriceles's meta thread I'm unsure of what to do currently.

I'd appreciate it if someone experienced could take a look at my units and see if I can make any teams work:

Light:
Inanna
Luna
Apollo
ML x2

Thor
Galio
Persephone
Jiang Ziya
Twin Hymners Yan & Xi
Keeper of the Light - Gabriel
Zeus
Minamoto
Ra
Honor the Dragon Follower
Imanotsurugi & Usumidori
Marbas
Valac
The Magic Lamp
Marguerite
Nathaniel
Dodo
Lisa Buffano
Kejourou

Dark:
Daji
Lucy
Loki
Odin (PR)
Alma
Pollux
Cancer John
Osiris
Isabelle
Moonlight Dragon
Shen Gongbao
Lu Bu
Lu Lingshuang
Faugn
Novalis
Wawel
Tuchigumo
Twin Divas Yan & Xi
Endor
Morris the Teddy Bear
Saruman
The Grumpy Puppy
G-Dragon
Tender Basti
The Happy Prince
Hades
Todd

Earth
Shu
Potentate Bull King
Capricorn
Circe
Nidhogg
Medusa
Stolas
Yvette
Court of Sagittarius - Hertz
Freyja
Mark-II
Yang Jian
Forests Keeper
The Treasure Hunter
Rosa Sisters
Diarmuid
Duncan
Gaia
Vali

Fire:

Nezha
Seth
Diablo
Dipankara
Medea
Magrence
Hephaestus
Agatha
Court of Taurus - Armstrong
Jackie
Achilles
Tyr
Agnesi
Heimdallr
Poppy
Doris

Water:
Elizabeth
Pisces
Cassandra
Wen Zhong
Ursula
Kukulkan
Ao Guang
Poseidon
Court of Aquarius - Carrie
Tefnut
Gretchen
Mu-Yue
Louis
Azazel
Yuki-Onna

I tried to omit certain card series like Ethereal Dragons, old Beasts and a lot of older SM cards.

Now from what I can gather I basically have no viable, meta-relevant leaders right now. I primarily ran Light teams consisting of 2x ML, Luna and Minamoto. To be frank I'm sick of light but I'm afraid it's still my best option because ML seems to have aged pretty well. I remember wanting to branch out into dragons but once again I seem to lack the important leaders. To make matters worse I'm pretty much completely out of diamonds so I can't draw a good leader right now. What should my goals be? What units do I invest souls and materials in? Most of my units aren't PR'd/VR'd/AR'd because I mainly focused on light and a lot of series seem to have gotten upgrades while I was gone.

Do I just grab my login rewards for months until I can try my luck at some black cards? Should I just not even bother and give up? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Rainbow 
Wow, 3 years, that's a first. So far the returning player posts I've replied to go back only 2 years. Good to see that you've done your research on the new systems, makes our lives so much easier. I don't know if I'm experienced enough, but here goes anyway.

ML has indeed aged well, but Babylons are not up to snuff right now. Inanna can still work for regular story stages and biweeklies though so I won't tell you to completely disregard her. Looking through your cards, I think you should go with a Loki team since you have the two Zodiac powerhouses. Odin and all other sealed lords will be up for grabs one by one so when Odin returns (next week) you can VR him and your Loki. Pollux and Alma come next, but you need to AR them for the team to work. Which leaves one slot for either Endor, Osiris, or Happy prince. All three are still good utility/boosters that you'd want to train anyway.

This is a pretty good time to return to the game since TOS is celebrating its 5th anniversary, so you can expect lots of rewards and diamonds from events. Right now up until March 4, regular story stages only cost 5 stamina so this is a good chance for you to level up, farm feeders, and collect diamonds from stages along the way. Play the arena regularly, it doesn't matter what rank you end up with, because some diamonds are better than none, right?

The problem with the game right now is that newer SMs are heavily biased towards their corresponding special seal rares so depending on how developed your inventory is/becomes, you may have to end up skipping a bunch of stages so just bear that in mind. That being said, you already took the time and effort of making this thread which shows interest in returning to the game so might as well give it a shot. If you luck out and draw a special seal rare or a black card you can jump right back in and develop your inventory from there. It's always so refreshing seeing these return player threads and I'll always encourage people to return, but ultimately the final decision is yours to make. 

Good luck, and may RNGsus be with you!  Angel

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: FEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
Shocked 
You definitely need to draw a bit. It's up to you if you wanna risk going for a black card or pour yourself into the next seal. Keep up with the teasers that are going to start trickling in this week, as the new patch comes out next week.

One free to play option for leaders WFE PR Sprites (you can buy their stages at Lost Relic now for coins) as leaders with Khaos as Ally. You have 2/3 of the necessary heart cancelling cards (Wen Zhong and Heimdallr), I'd recommend starting with Water. If you can, try to pick up a Lionel from this week's arena challenges (top right "upgrade" button at the arena, you have to get to lv3 for your first slv10 one) because he's also a good option with Khaos as ally, even in his unevolved light form he does crazy damage in the form of doubling the team's launched attacks passively. Another thing you can do is VR your Odin (his event is coming up next week I think) and run Loki for a bit, but you'll need to get that Pollux and maybe Alma AR'd before the team really comes together.

My recommended setups with the cards you already have:

A solid one that's not too complicated except for 1 VR if you really wanna go the extra mile:
Yidhra - Wen Zhong - Kukulkan/Ao Guang- Tefnut - Louis + Khaos

Also maybe:
Light Lionel - Medusa - Circe - Diablo - Louis + Khaos

Looking at your inventory it's hard to use the evolved Lionels (who are Dark and Fire) because you don't have many Light cards that would work in a rainbow team. If you do want to use them though, maybe I&U or Persephone (who is pretty good once AR'd) might work as switch ins. You have to keep 4 different races and all 5 elements in the team though.

[Image: 6vGgbAU.png]UID: 86478773
Nice to know you used my thread for reference I know that the problem is that it doesn't say much about members, but that is because active players can figure what are the archetypes of each leaders and how to use specific cards to overcome some skills.

You have a lot of core cards, and I see good potential on Dark and Water.
For Loki the following cards can be relevant other than obvious Odin:
Alma: Can help a lot, similar use as pollux and can use both on same team
Pollux: super relevant king of damage on meta lol
The Happy Prince: get him to 7*, op 2 rounds of 3.5x and can be at the side of AR pollux so actually 21x attack.
Endor: still relevant, you can use 7* Divergence Daji instead for more recovery. Dragonware also helps.
Lucy: Filler, not recommended to high CD but can be cool as board converter and to increase recovery. Current meta replaced her with Yocto and Diaochan.

For water:
VR Refinement Elizabeth: she is really strong, as usual the HP is a drawback I guess you can solve it with...
7* Ao Guang: a classic that can increase Elizabeth hp, also he is going to get dragonware next patch and you can claim a dupe ao guang in exchange of ancient coins.
AR Pisces: guaranteed runes on board every round, coupled with Ao Guang you should have more than enough runes.
7* Kukulkan: A niche card that can replace Ao Guang, can convert runes to specific + snipe and armor break (currently I'm maxing this card for convenience).
7* Cassandra: Glorified booster and water staple, I wouldn't recommend her outside of Atlantis, but if you are skilled enough you should be able to master her drawback. Also on PR she can turn off the skill on demand and get a cd reduction.
AR Carrie: Really buffed, now active is more flexible, might be a pain to max but it's worth if you don't have other boosters.
7* Tefnut: another old alternative to board clear + snipe, really common choice but she is being replaced by Divergence Elizabeth depending the situation and stage.
7* Louis: Convenient if you are planning full water demon team with elizabeth + magic flute as member, he is a boost + shield and 2 rounds. Also gay and sexy.

For earth you could try maxing Freya, honestly earth doesn't have many leaders on meta right now, it's her, samael and izanagi, the rest either being race locked or performing better with multi color (Hideyoshi and Ophiuchus). On Fire you can also resolve around Jackie but you would need to get Rococo imo.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
The next set of OP leaders is going to come out next week (Rate up is the week after), CNY should fall in the middle of February. Up to you whether you want to go in on one of those. I would say you stand a better chance of getting a exclusive rare with limited diamonds than you do getting a black card.

Seconding WFE Sprite/Khaos, with the addition that it doesn't actually need heart cancellers: they're just convenient since you don't need heart to heal. Heimdallr and Wen Zhong are actually not that great in Khaos/Sprite since they get no boosts - Khaos gives certain boosts for using elves, demons, beasts and dragons and requires 4 different races. 

The basic idea behind Khaos/Sprite is to pump up HP with dragons and high HP 8* Sealed Lords: the most successful team so far is Earth, since it has PR Nidhogg which is both, as well as having a much better roster of high hp beasts and dragons to pull from. 

I would put together:

Yvette (PR) - Hertz (PR/AR) - Medusa (PR) - Shu (PR/All max) - Nidhogg (PR) - Khaos.

Yvette can be farmed to max by buying the Lost Relic Pass for her stage. Hertz once AR has an effective CD of 3 so its quite strong. You could also put PR Circe here for a constant boost, I think. Max out Medusa's skill level with baby harpies before PR. Get Nidhogg PR once his SM is back, if you don't already have the evo mats.

Lionel teams are also an FTP team with potential, however note that there are multiple evolutions (each with a unique skill, requiring a light copy for evo mat) with limited copies available, and getting a slvl 10 copy requires raising your arena grade which you have limited opportunities to do so. Also his race is scheduled to change to machine as of 15.0, which will significantly affect Lionel/Khaos builds.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
most likely u can play if you spend money and draw from any one of the new seals. Prologues are good and flexible enough for you to jump in. You can wait and draw from the next one but in any regards, you need to draw new leaders. Madhead has essentially moved to a pay loto system where you have a limited time to get lucky. Aim to get something that is semi rainbow so you can beat as many stages as possible with the 1 team. Over time you will collect all the rest.

I do agree that it is pretty hard to get back into the game after years. There is good and bad over those years and in either way try to decide whats fun and do it.
(01-16-2018, 03:09 AM)agnesi Wrote: Lionel teams are also an FTP team with potential, however note that there are 4 total evolutions (requiring a light copy for evo mat) with limited copies available,  and getting a slvl 10 copy requires raising your arena grade which you have limited opportunities to do so. Also his race is scheduled to change to machine as of 15.0, which will significantly affect Lionel/Khaos builds.

Is there not going to be a Light evolution?
(01-16-2018, 04:02 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 03:09 AM)agnesi Wrote: Lionel teams are also an FTP team with potential, however note that there are 4 total evolutions (requiring a light copy for evo mat) with limited copies available,  and getting a slvl 10 copy requires raising your arena grade which you have limited opportunities to do so. Also his race is scheduled to change to machine as of 15.0, which will significantly affect Lionel/Khaos builds.

I actually have no idea. I assumed the Light one we have is the only one we get, but IDK if MH is gonna give us a light evolution. Let me change my comment to be clearer.
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
(01-16-2018, 04:20 AM)agnesi Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 04:02 AM)Fauxy Wrote:

I actually have no idea. I assumed the Light one we have is the only one we get, but IDK if MH is gonna give us a light evolution. Let me change my comment to be clearer.

Also we are not going to be able to use Lionel on Arthur and Ye Shiao Chai anymore.

We might get an evolved light Lionel in the end, they have been releasing a new one every patch.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(01-16-2018, 04:51 AM)Oriceles Wrote: Also we are not going to be able to use Lionel on Arthur and Ye Shiao Chai anymore.

We might get an evolved light Lionel in the end, they have been releasing a new one every patch.

You know, it'd be very easy to make a replacement for Light Lionel as a human, it wouldn't even have to be a seal card or anything special, it could be a biweekly with only status clearing as the skill at the same CD as Light Lionel and it'd be fine. I can't say I'm optimistic that MH will do something like that though.

Arthur seems unpopular, despite most people agreeing that he (she?) is up to date in terms of capability. I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure there'll be enough outcry to see an immediate replacement for Lionel.