Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for F2Ps: How many diamonds have you accumulated at most?
For the F2Ps out there (like me), what was the most amount of diamonds you had saved up at one point in time? And how did you resist temptation to spend diamonds? Any tips?

Just asking this question because I started saving up diamonds recently and anytime I see the diamond count >5 my fingers itch to diamond seal and I find it so hard to fight temptation (10 diamonds so far and the temptation is killing me).

Yes, for those of you who know me as the Daji-obsessed reroller, I am saving up from now to Chinese New Year 2017. That's ~210 dimes including login rewards if I counted the amount of weeks correctly, plus I'll buy up to $200 more if necessary. I intend to spend not a single diamond until then (except maybe for must-have SMs or for guild events), which is why I need some tips on how to resist temptation over these next 9 months.

Thanks guys Smile

Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally dual max Ying Zheng)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+

Returned from hiatus!
The most I had was probably 60 something. Mainly because I don't take rewards unless I plan to use them, and so all those diamonds accumulate. Having to go through the retrieval hassle also discourages those impulse draws.

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
(05-05-2016, 07:16 AM)TheCatGod Wrote: For the F2Ps out there (like me), what was the most amount of diamonds you had saved up at one point in time? And how did you resist temptation to spend diamonds? Any tips?

Just asking this question because I started saving up diamonds recently and anytime I see the diamond count >5 my fingers itch to diamond seal and I find it so hard to fight temptation (10 diamonds so far and the temptation is killing me).

Yes, for those of you who know me as the Daji-obsessed reroller, I am saving up from now to Chinese New Year 2017. That's ~210 dimes including login rewards if I counted the amount of weeks correctly, plus I'll buy up to $200 more if necessary. I intend to spend not a single diamond until then (except maybe for must-have SMs or for guild events), which is why I need some tips on how to resist temptation over these next 9 months.

Thanks guys Smile

Bro if you don't think about getting Daji it will come to you how weird huh? Haha lmao had to stop thinking about her ended up getting her and not on CNY 1 was in a dark week, the other was just random and it was my 1st haha I've been really wishing for dbk and Ao Guang but though t about not wanting them haha it's so hard buuuuuuut eventually right I mean 3 years without these 2 I'm sure they'll pop up eventually haha. 

If your Game Name: Orgasmatron.
ID: 4575154

Allies: Izanagi, Rakasha, TSZ, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, LuBu, Aether, Beelzebub, Barba/Nid, Chessia, Satan, Abraham, I always have Newest Meta Leaders.

Looking For: Current Meta Leaders!
The most I've ever accumulated was around 75 or so. After playing for quite a bit I've come to realise that over accumulating diamonds tends to do you more harm then good, especially if you're still in the team building phase (basically still missing a huge number of cards, lacking team diversity in each element, etc). Chances are, you'll benefit much more if you spend some diamonds maxing useful SM cards, drawing when new series have been released and are 200% increased, and spamming stamina refills for things such like half stamina off soul battles.

To be honest there's no real 'trick' to save diamonds. Just don't use diamonds unnecessarily and you'll see your diamond count accumulating quite a bit. As of now I have 55 diamonds and will soon have around 70 next week since I'm hitting a 50 day bonus for log in accumulation. This has basically just been an accumulation of diamonds I haven't spent because there wasn't a need to.

Some advice though: don't be too stubborn with diamond spending, be it for draws/stamina refills/inventory extension, etc. Even if you end up getting Daji, you may just find that come next year, you would have missed out on more than you hoped with regards to card diversity, team building and general progress in game. There's much less point chasing Daji than there was before, so nowadays it's more of just a trophy 'nice to have card' than anything else, but good luck nonetheless.
ID: 60302480

Allies available: Inanna (All Max), Dumuzi (All Max) PR Apollo (All Max), PR Virgo (All max), VR Freyja (All Max), Stolas (Ame II), Huang Fu Duo (Max lvl, Ame IV), PR Yang Jian (Max lvl, Max CD), PR Athena (All Max), Beelzebub (All Max), Samael (All Max) Jia Rou (Ame IV, set on weekends), Satan, Guan Yu, Lu bu. 
(05-05-2016, 07:39 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: The most I had was probably 60 something. Mainly because I don't take rewards unless I plan to use them, and so all those diamonds accumulate. Having to go through the retrieval hassle also discourages those impulse draws.

Daily logins and stage clearance still got me up to 11...but I can see why people leave stuff in rewards now Smile

(05-05-2016, 09:14 AM)OrgasmatronX Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 07:16 AM)TheCatGod Wrote: For the F2Ps out there (like me), what was the most amount of diamonds you had saved up at one point in time? And how did you resist temptation to spend diamonds? Any tips?

Thanks guys Smile

Bro if you don't think about getting Daji it will come to you how weird huh? Haha lmao had to stop thinking about her ended up getting her and not on CNY 1 was in a dark week, the other was just random and it was my 1st haha I've been really wishing for dbk and Ao Guang but though t about not wanting them haha it's so hard buuuuuuut eventually right I mean 3 years without these 2 I'm sure they'll pop up eventually haha. 

A lot of people say that. Being the stubborh a-hole that I am, let me boldly declare that I WILL GET DAJI WHENEVER THE HELL I WANT!!!!! TO HELL WITH RNG!!!!! Big Grin

Jokes aside, I got DBK on the last of only 3 draws I did this year and I wasn't expecting it when I got it. But honestly, I, having a very practical and realist mind, do not believe in this superstitious stuff and instead believe that it is pure RNG, rather than "it comes when you don't expect it". Hence, I expect Daji to come whenever, rather than expecting her to come when I don't expect her to come (which...is a paradox. Smile)

(05-05-2016, 09:36 AM)deathexe Wrote: The most I've ever accumulated was around 75 or so. After playing for quite a bit I've come to realise that over accumulating diamonds tends to do you more harm then good, especially if you're still in the team building phase (basically still missing a huge number of cards, lacking team diversity in each element, etc). Chances are, you'll benefit much more if you spend some diamonds maxing useful SM cards, drawing when new series have been released and are 200% increased, and spamming stamina refills for things such like half stamina off soul battles.

To be honest there's no real 'trick' to save diamonds. Just don't use diamonds unnecessarily and you'll see your diamond count accumulating quite a bit. As of now I have 55 diamonds and will soon have around 70 next week since I'm hitting a 50 day bonus for log in accumulation. This has basically just been an accumulation of diamonds I haven't spent because there wasn't a need to.

Some advice though: don't be too stubborn with diamond spending, be it for draws/stamina refills/inventory extension, etc. Even if you end up getting Daji, you may just find that come next year, you would have missed out on more than you hoped with regards to card diversity, team building and general progress in game. There's much less point chasing Daji than there was before, so nowadays it's more of just a trophy 'nice to have card' than anything else, but good luck nonetheless.

Words of wisdom. Words of wisdom indeed. But I already have Dual Max Namtar, All Max Lucy, PR Barbara, PR All Max Randeng, PR Hephaestus, and Dumuzi, and members to fill accordingly (for example I have the critical PR Circe and PR Medea for Randeng team). That's one of the reasons I was considering saving. Really, all I need right now is Luna or Ursula but even Luna would be useless as I don't have a good light leader except Thor (who has been power creeped beyond repair XD)
Large variety of allies, ID 79172307 (Current main ally dual max Ying Zheng)

Been playing since March 2015. Level 300+

Returned from hiatus!
me, me Smile

not strictly F2P... first 60 days playing this game maybe 2-3 purchases? forgot. and each purchase shouldnt be more than 6 dimes. quit and after coming back, purchase 2x 6 dimes. for Origin of Demons and this Optimus Prime Greek.

356 days login and 105 dimes Smile cant remember what is max dimes i've ever stored coz i spend it when the amount pass 100 dimes. and only 60 diamond seal draws, not much draws eh?

saved up to 50 dimes at first. thinking maybe one day there will be a card that i really want, then can spam those 50 dimes drawing for it. cards like LCS/JR. but on XY 2nd last rotation, got LCS without much spamming dimes. so still around 50 dimes. at the time lots of good cards not ready. frequently used the dimes to level/amel cards faster. sometime drop to 30s but with those each 50 level and 50 days login bonus, manage to keep it at 50. cards are getting better and more ready. want to farm Nidhogg, Odin, Zeus. estimated 15 dimes are needed for each farming. so 15x3 cards = 45 cards. at the end saved near 100 dimes. during the process, more focus on leveling/amel. only draw on reward. but recently with around 100 dimes and lots of cards ready, even Light/Dark almost out of stock for leveling, started drawing frenzy. Swedge, Byakhhee, Odous, Faugn, Tulzscha were drawn in very near period, maybe 1 each week. seldom draw without bonus except those ones. ichy fingers? nah seeing lots of good cards not ready makes me lose the mood to draw. with those recently drawn cards, think i'll be not too in mood to draw even at the coming 200% Optimus Prime Greek days.

now 105 dimes... do have the thought of accumulating another 15x [few more] to farm CP sm on the final rotation. but think that might be too crazy to save up so much, just enjoy the game and spending dimes Smile so now depend on the card leveling status. with recent addition, need sometime to full level those cards. will draw again when almost out of cards to level.

and currently stuck at certain card process that believe can burn my dimes pretty fast.
* Taurus waiting for amel iv and PR... no partner, believe want to do it the rough way, will burn dimes like crazy but plan to do it
* Ursula cant reach amel iv and need to PR
* Skuld cant reach amel iv and PR
* TBYE... afraid to amel iv... some 'nightmare' spending 15 dimes to pass amel iii plus iv for LCS (but no regret, hey recently i even All Max this guy, Harpies? crazy?)... same XY series... maybe one day will try amel iv TBYE
* did VR Tyr, with the cost of around 8 dimes to continue... oops

Smile
RXWing / 48,740,450 / Lv360+
My Teams (30 Aug) / Inventory (16 Oct) / Replays
Not a pure F2P since i always buy when there's buy 1 get extra 5 and buy 6 get something really good like the Origin of Demon but never buys otherwise. Not sure about the Ancient Greek, not really liked them compared to the Origin of Demon.

Anyway before this year's JTTW increased draw chance, i managed to save up around 170ish. Going all out on it, and currently sitting at 103 cos missed the Origin of Demon draw event.

I only draw when the increased draw chance have cards that I really wants since otherwise, my draws are generally crappy. So I automatically think I will get crap when drawing but will have less chance for it to happen on increased rate event. I also stop drawing when I got Melogs

Unless I absolutely really wants the cards, I always keep at least 10 dimes for preparation in case of draw bonus event and important SM's that I need to max