Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project FAQ: What is the FAQ for?
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new FAQ section. In this section, FAQ threads on different topics will be hosted. These threads will be headed and managed by a panel of experts on the respective topics.

Here's how it will work:

The panel will first kick things off by listing some of the more frequently asked questions on their respective topics. After that, members of the forums are welcome to direct their related questions to the respective threads. After the question has been answered, the answers will be compiled and inserted, along with the question, into the list of FAQs on the first page for easy access.

This way, we hope to organize FAQs so that it is more convenient for everyone as well as to reduce the traffic in Q&A and decks.

Therefore, the FAQ section will need panels for each of the respective topics to share their knowledge with the community. Reply to me in anyway if you are interested in being part of a panel. Expertise in the respective topics are highly recommended, especially our valued guide writers (we don't want to mislead anyone in anyway Cool ). Everyone is welcome to adopt more than 1 topic, so long as you have the time for regular updating (once per day among the members of the panel).

For now, the following topics are open for answering panels:
  • Skill Leveling
  • Main Storyline Progression
  • Greek
  • Mono Water
  • Mono Fire
  • Mono Earth
  • Mono Light
  • Mono Dark
  • Beasts
  • Paladins
  • Dragons
  • Trojan
  • Santa
  • Diablo
  • Rainbow
  • etc.

If you have a topic to add to the list, please let me know too! Big Grin

We're also looking at special titles if the forum team feels that a good job is done!

Finally, I hope this idea receives everybody's support, so that we can make the forums a better place for everyone to share their knowledge on the game and help fellow players.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadows.
I suggest you add Greek Decks to that list. Play style very different from other monos, so needs its own section.

Main Allies: PR Nezha, All SS Ducks/Dogs

Looking For: PR Baph, Mark II, RGB Yanxi, Solomon/Pete, Su siao-syue, 

Main Deck
[Image: 0236565c.jpg]
Other (complete or in Progress)
[Image: u4IzV_.gif]

I suggest start sub threads. Title Greeks. So update all geek questions there and answers. Just like how under the friend add..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

One major thread to consolidate all abit hard, but moderator need to work hard. Kudos to dada for the worm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Added Greek., thanks PsychoticSoul

I was thinking of letting the panel start the thread themselves so they get more editing rights to the threads, making it easier for them to edit and organize it.

So far, traffic is really low, I guess many people don't know the existence of this yet. Gonna have to put up an announcement later.
Hmmm... isn't the FAQ especially for the deck building sort of a re-write for a lot of the pre-existing guides? Comes across to me like a duplication of work, unless someone can enlighten me?

The rest of the FAQ is great.
[Image: 30a89a58.jpg]
(02-08-2014, 03:12 PM)qtphi21 Wrote: Hmmm... isn't the FAQ especially for the deck building sort of a re-write for a lot of the pre-existing guides? Comes across to me like a duplication of work, unless someone can enlighten me?

The FAQ is created as an attempt to consolidate all the frequently asked questions about the topic, hence making them easily accessible by the community. This will also reduce the traffic in Q&A if the answers to the frequently asked questions are made easily available for everyone.

To put it simply, the next time someone has a question to ask, he/she can look at the specific topic in the FAQ section and see if his/her question has already been asked and subsequently answered.

Moreover, it will serve as an extension of the topic as well. It will also look to cover the little details that may or may not be overlooked by the guides that cover the more important stuff. For example, the guides may cover essential team-building know-hows, but the FAQ will look at questions beyond that, such as,

Q: Is a dual Elizabeth team feasible without Cassandra?

That being said, the FAQ is not limited to specific questions as well, but rather any question that is frequently being asked pertaining to the topic.
The idea of FAQ's popped up when I was super busy with school, so I wasn't able to do this earlier, but I went ahead and made a Mono Dark FAQ. I hope that's ok, I think they are a great idea and help support the guides.