Hop over to our sister-forum to discuss Chronos Gate today!
Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably All Covered Elsewhere
So, I just started back into ToS (the last time I seriously played was years ago) and it seems like I'm about to run into a roadblock - namely, the Wood island after the third seal. I beat Odin by the skin of my teeth, and am worried noticing that the next set of Glacier levels has thus far held bosses that one- or two-shot me. My current team is Atrahasis(45)//Aqua Sorceress Molly(26)/Oceans Keeper(21)Gnome Garroter(30)/Werewolf Monk(30). I can see that I'll be far stronger as soon as I evolve Atrahasis, but it seems those materials are all in the fourth level of the tower. So, a few probably stupid questions, and if this can be found somewhere else, I'd be glad to be pointed in that direction and delete the thread to avoid clutter.
1) Is my problem just that my monsters are too low-level ed? Thus far, I've just been feeding them till their leveling really slows down.
2) Is there a better way of finding friends than combing the allies thread? I see that both Atrahasis and Phanes, my only other good leader, get enormous benefits from being paired with themselves once I manage to evolve them, but the random selections presented to me in-game have all been... lackluster.
3) Would I be better off being patient and waiting for the material-specific areas to open up, rather than trying to bum-rush the main levels to get them?
Any help or even just an impatient shove in the right direction would be appreciated. Smile

ID: 84,789,756

Main
[Image: latest?cb=20160505101918]
Others: Zhao Ling-Er, Atrahasis
1. It's not a problem of being low level so much as low quality. The Gnome and Werewolf are both only 4* cards, so their stats will be significantly lower (endgame level teams tend to be 6*-8*, and fresh diamond draws are almost all 5*). You should make more draws to get better quality cards; the Chinese Paladin seal that just opened contains plenty of good stuff.

Using a Wukong or Lucy as your ally is something I'd recommend. Wukong gives a ton of damage reduction, Lucy gives less but guarantees hearts are always available to recover after you take a hit.

2. The 3 random adventurers that pop up are based on your account level, and there's a high concentration of people that just give up at that point, so the allies put up are usually not the greatest. Joining a guild helps with providing allies; the Facebook fan pages and groups are nice too. A lot of people on the forums also have their UID in their signature so you can pick some of us up from there.

3. It's generally a better idea to get evolution materials from their respective daily stages. The two Water elements can be gotten from Friday's battle, the Swords from Tuesday and the Honeymon from Wednesday. You can also get them from the Black Hole stages, but keys tend to be better saved for Harpies or PR materials.

Also you should put up some screenshots of your current inventory - we can give you better advice and might be able to help you build some better teams if we know what other options are available.

KaerfNomekop: 59,402,542
Grisk: 84,088,062

SM History Chart!

[Image: 2kUEAFG.jpg]

(06-14-2016, 08:46 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: 1. It's not a problem of being low level so much as low quality. The Gnome and Werewolf are both only 4* cards, so their stats will be significantly lower (endgame level teams tend to be 6*-8*, and fresh diamond draws are almost all 5*). You should make more draws to get better quality cards; the Chinese Paladin seal that just opened contains plenty of good stuff.

Also you should put up some screenshots of your current inventory - we can give you better advice and might be able to help you build some better teams if we know what other options are available.

Good advice on both counts - the one card I had diamonds to pull slotted immediately into my water team. A screenshot of my inventory will be forthcoming once I figure out how to get my phone to get it under 500k. :p
I do notice that my team cost is locked at 40 for quite a while, so it looks like my first priority is actually to grind out some player levels.

ID: 84,789,756

Main
[Image: latest?cb=20160505101918]
Others: Zhao Ling-Er, Atrahasis
The best way to grind levels is doing casual multiplayer for all the free exp Smile

Enviado desde mi LG-D610AR mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.