Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pr Yog speculation thread.
Before i too excited, I am going to wait until the nm stage info comes out.  Her sm has no hearts so we will likely need teams that can rcr without that.  I am not really looking forward on the card until its in hand.  Have to beat nm twice or get lucky on sm or all for not.

I am not looking forward to another impossible stage after i 0 dimed triumphant will.  Who knows though maybe it wont be khaos sm like.  If it requires that stith card or ur reset or dissolve god and elf runes i will be mad.  Is yog tied into age of heroic spirits?

I think that you(Fauxy)  got it wrong, 14 cards comprise a pool of 30 draws, to achieve this some cards are just once on the pool, others twice and others thrice. Each draw you remove the card you get from the pool.
You can refresh the pool once per day if you want to try and get multiple copies of one card.

I'll be skipping it as Seth and Shu are 1 copy each of the 30 draws pool, making it a bad investment for me.

Edit :

No, Yog isn't part of the story in the ages.

Edit 2:
http://en.towerofsaviors.com.s3.amazonaws.com/2018/03/11-ethsrtj.jpg
Swegde, Hideyoshi & WFE Egyptian =1 copy each

YJ + Pollux = 2 copies each

Samle, Zhuge Liang, Gareth, Rosemellow, water common samurai (not Oichi), Light common human girl & Auriga = 3 copies each. 

They total the pool of 30 draws. 

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori. 
(03-30-2018, 12:55 AM)Revdarian Wrote: I think that you(Fauxy)  got it wrong, 14 cards comprise a pool of 30 draws, to achieve this some cards are just once on the pool, others twice and others thrice. Each draw you remove the card you get from the pool.
You can refresh the pool once per day if you want to try and get multiple copies of one card.

I'll be skipping it as Seth and Shu are 1 copy each of the 30 draws pool, making it a bad investment for me.

Edit :

No, Yog isn't part of the story in the ages.

Edit 2:
http://en.towerofsaviors.com.s3.amazonaws.com/2018/03/11-ethsrtj.jpg
Swegde, Hideyoshi & WFE Egyptian =1 copy each

YJ + Pollux = 2 copies each

Samle, Zhuge Liang, Gareth, Rosemellow, water common samurai (not Oichi), Light common human girl & Auriga = 3 copies each. 

They total the pool of 30 draws. 
Yeah I meant there's exactly 30 copies of cards in the pool. It's not clear to me though if 30 draws=30 removals or 15 draws=30 removals (because it's 2 for 1), because they state "drawing cards from the deck 30 times (provided that no manual reset was conducted before) guarantees you to get all the 30 Monsters into your Inventory." Or maybe they mean if you physically draw 30 cards you get all 30 cards? Like, what constitutes a draw, the paying for the draw or the actual draws? It's confusing, sorry.

I need Yoshi and Tefnut, wouldn't mind the dupe egyptians, dupe Swegde, and dupe Pollux (especially since they're trained). The rest are just trash.

It's gonna be a hard stage. We need to brace for that because that's just a given, it's gonna be a hard stage.

I'm really not sure how Yog is connected to any of the lore other than being like a demon that was enslaved by Zeus. Maybe there's just an Ame I haven't gone through or something but nobody really explains what Nibiru is or what Yog is doing there to begin with.

[Image: 6vGgbAU.png]UID: 86478773
saw trials of the keepers, 3rd stage has demons only requirement, sucks not to have a single demon team and be locked out of 4 other fights i could probably pass.
Fauxy I cannot find anywhere that it says that drawing 1 gives you 2.

Where did you see that?
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis. 
VR: Freya, CN gods. 
PR: Yunyang, Sumatra, Ninurta, dark babilonian, Seth, Shu. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori. 
"Each time you draw a card from it, you will get a random Monster, and the total Monster number in the deck will reduce 1 accordingly, until no Monster left in the deck."

I misread this entirely, and thought if you draw, you get another random monster in addition to what you drew. Huhu I'm sorry.
Yog Details
PR requires 2 PR mats, 1 Midnight Joker and 2 Umpires.
45 TC (+5)
2437 HP (+172)
485 REC (+58)
3270 ATK (+220)

Leader: The more Attributes dissolved, the higher Team ATK (4x for three, 4.5x for four, 5x for five, same as current); if all five Attributes AND Hearts are dissolved, Team ATK 6x. No drop rate alterations.

Active 1 (CD 10): Convert random runes into 4 each of WFELDH; for 1 round, WFELD = 100% WFELD.

Active 2 (CD 6): Only usable when team HP is at 50% or more. Self ATK 2.5x, or 5x if there are other effects in play. Lasts until team HP is less than 50%.

Team skill 1, dual Yog-Sothoth: +20s spin time. Damage reduction based on number of Demons and initial dissolve combos, up to 15% per combo and 45% total reduction (up from 10% and 40% respectively); reduction lasts until you start spinning next round.

Team skill 2, when member of dual Khaos: Active 1 converts ALL runes into 5 each of enchanted WFELDH.

Re: Damage reduction formula:
Regular Yog's formula is Reduction = 2% x Combos x (Demons - 1)
From the video, 4 combos with 4 demons = 36% reduction.
PR Yog's formula looks to be Reduction = 3% x Combos x (Demons - 1)

My thoughts:
More than a little disappointed. Like Aether, Yog's leader has no equivalence, so it needs a high multiplier to compensate. But the leader skill is basically unchanged, only tacking on a 6x for the rare case that you have at least three of all six runetypes (Triumphant Will has already shown us how difficult that is to get). The new active is interesting though. Might farm a second copy of her.

(03-30-2018, 02:51 AM)vespher Wrote: saw trials of the keepers, 3rd stage has demons only requirement, sucks not to have a single demon team and be locked out of 4 other fights i could probably pass.
Just take the first weekend to get a copy of Yog, you should have enough demons to fill in the rest and get a decent team.

(03-30-2018, 02:22 AM)Fauxy Wrote: I'm really not sure how Yog is connected to any of the lore other than being like a demon that was enslaved by Zeus. Maybe there's just an Ame I haven't gone through or something but nobody really explains what Nibiru is or what Yog is doing there to begin with.
Lore dump!!!!!
Yog-Sothoth is one of the original inhabitants of the realm, like many of the other beings with Lovecraftian names. Zeus enslaved Yog-Sothoth so that he could use her as a conduit for the elemental energy that the tower was draining from the realm into heaven. The Holy City of Nibiru is the location of the prison he created for her, as well as the entryway into Heaven (the Vestibule of Vacuity). Unfortunately for the alien Gods, Zeus wasn't quite smart enough to contain all of her power, which allowed her to create Aforgomon and send him out. Aforgomon's been travelling the realm ever since Yog-Sothoth was imprisoned, and inspired many Humans (including us) to ascend the tower so that we could free her. The remainder of the 8th seal is a series of illusions that Yog-Sothoth created to show us the truth insofar as she knows it (having been around a while, she's seen some stuff)
(pieced together from Yog-Sothoth, Aforgomon, Khaos, Hades, Zeus, 8th and 9th seal stories)
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
(03-30-2018, 03:01 AM)KaerfNomekop Wrote: My thoughts:
More than a little disappointed. Like Aether, Yog's leader has no equivalence, so it needs a high multiplier to compensate. But the leader skill is basically unchanged, only tacking on a 6x for the rare case that you have at least three of all six runetypes (Triumphant Will has already shown us how difficult that is to get). The new active is interesting though. Might farm a second copy of her.

She is still a fire Lancelot (with 3k base attack), that's going to be really good for Heph and Phanes, especially for players w/o Kyo. But yeah, she's similar to Satan and Ghroth, most of the damage comes from either Leader or Ally, whoever has their active up. Once her active is up, she'll be 80x at basic 3 dissolve, and 180x at max dissolve. Plus Ubume is basically an enchantress designed for her team, so that's neat. I worry about the sustainability of a team that is depending so heavily on being able to secure kills, but even if she ends up just being a member, she's a pretty good member.
Yog stage when it first came out was extremly hard, it was around the release of primordial greek (june 2016 says the wiki), checking the forums thread the teams with safest clears where druids and dragons (although not many used druids), luck dependant where pr Greek as always, Beelz with two pr ML +pr Luna could farm the stage but the funniest most interesting part was that Yog + enchantresses + heart converter and craft that makes hearts had a good clear rate showing the power of Yog and that it was worth spending some diamonds to get the first one. Also it was one, if not the first, sm to last until the end of Sunday.

I went on a tangent, my point is, now there are a lot of teams that can clear stages without hearts which are: 
*Rose and Sakura, the two are probably the best in that regard, they force hearts to drop which overides the stage no hearts drop condition and tumbler means they can't be killed easily.
*Chessia and Stan always heal with they own attribute runes so they are not bothered by the no hearts.
*Diablo with pr sprites ally, so long as there are no enchanted shields the team is quite safe but you need the Diablo leader.
*PR sprite and Khaos ally is probably the most obtainable in the sense that sprites can be farmed in the lost relic pass registry.
*Obviously the druids.
*Dragons with either the old style Ursula/Nidhogg (but now can be Ubbo/Nid), Barbarahogg (which I'm pretty sure the earth lockdown and racism in stage 9 of Yog sm is to counter this team) or new school Aza teams.
*Dark teams with Hel... yeah I know this is something really hard to get but it can!
*Fire teams with Shakuro, aka, ovr Hep, pr Phanes and even Chessia to heal even more.
*Almost forgot Atlantis an water bride!

For Yog sm in particular any modern team with Aforgomon shouldn't have much difficulty clearing the stage. So I am expecting the NM stage to have mechanics that makes it hard for those teams and because other NM boss have skill related to the SM version boss but with a twist I'm expecting some really high combo shield for one of Yog hp bars.

Lore!
Yep, Zeus imprisioned Yog to use her to channel the power of the realm to their base to then make their own Utopia which the Summoner stops in the 9th seal, Yog showed the ilusions to unmask Zeus and co so the summoner fights them. Now pr  Yog will probably set in the past like previous pr Sealed Lords and there is now one story between Zeus and pr Giemsa that might be pr Yogs, maybe telling how Zeus imprisioned her. The only parts I'm not sure if the part of the norns talking directly to the summoner in their stages in the 8th seal (also aparently the babylons are residing in the 8th seal too?). Also in Yog sm she says she just showed what she knows and the summoner is free to act as it will but from pr Hades story its clear Yog enjoys the gods being in turmoil by the summoner-zodiac attack.
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
I haven't trained any Babylonians seriously so I don't really know where they go in the timeline of things. Where and when the Chinese gods/Investiture were alive is a bit hazy too. Only just read Aforgomon's story right now lol for some reason, the youth he talks to is Nathaniel I guess and he starts the initial human siege on the tower that ends in the Gate of Oceans opening and the Protagonists getting killed by ML. It's a shame we don't have the story for the Prologues yet, since they probably tie into Yog.

It's probably gonna be a recovery stage with hearts being absent as the big challenge. There's a lot of teams that can get over that nowadays though. You missed Maya, Joaqs. She can pass since Light=50% heart. Haza also, but I don't see beast teams returning to popularity until he gets a PR. Also technically Lynx? But of course no-one is optimistic about her being able to pass much.