Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pompeii
Hey guys, first time writing a guide here, just want to try out. Please give me some feedbacks!

I will be writing the Pompeii archtype as a mono-fire

[Image: 100]

Background
Pompeii is one of my first Black card and I'm absolutely in love with it.
It brings a very explosive style of play, which is versatile and suitable for many things a stage throws at you.
Pompeii is also designed with an easy to play but high learning curve style, which is great for both new and veteran players as it rewards both of them.

Leader Skill: Fire Attack & Machina Attack x 4. If the same number of Water, Fire and Earth Combos are dissolved in the Round, each Machina launches an extra attack of its Attribute as much as 50% of its attack.
-Does not look as powerful on paper due to dual Pompeii giving only x16 Multiplier.
-But with all the extra hits, the damage is actually much higher. By dissolving the same no. of WFE Combos, each Machina launch 2 extra 50% attack, which is nearly equivalent to full attack (not taking into account the defense of the mob of course), essentially giving Pompeii team a ~x32 (16+16) multiplier
-Not so easy to always achieve and requires a seasoned spinner

Active Skill (CD8): Turn all Runestones into Enchanted Water, Enchanted Fire and Enchanted Earth Runestones of fixed numbers and fixed positions. Damage will be dealt to enemies regardless of "Puzzle Shield" for 1 Round.
-One of the most OP, if not the most OP active in the game (maybe second only to Atlantis' Active)
-Remember Yog NM Enchanted heart shield EX? This active basically ignores that
-What is Puzzle Shield? What is Enchanted WFE shield?
-Not to mention this active fulfills Pompeii's leader and team skill condition

Team Skills
-Extend Runestone-moving time by 2 seconds.
More time to spin? More combos and chance to fulfill the conditions

-Fire and Heart Runestones possess 100% effect of each others runes. 
This is one of the reasons that make Pompeii team so tanky. Being able to heal and attack with 2 types of rune is no joke at all. It makes rune drought a very rare occurence.

-Active Skill CDs -2 for Machinas with Active Skills that have reached the maximum Lv. of which CD is 8.
MH could have easily made Pompeii's active CD6, but instead they decided to give this skill to Pompeii so other Machina with CD8 can benefit from this too.

-6 Random positions will be locked every round; if the runestone at a locked position is dissolved, each Pompeii launches an extra Fire attack as much as 40% of its attack, to the max 6 extra attacks
Another skill that give Pompeii team a high skillcap. Having more Pompeii also means more attack will be launched. Of course not everyone have the luxury of having a 6 Pompeii team and that includes me (I only have 1 Pompeii)

-Machina HP, Attack and Recovery x1.6 additionally
-This team skill is what makes Pompeii team so tanky.
-With just 3 Machina, Pompeii team can easily have 30k HP, which is important in this meta where so many mobs hit hard and where are so many 5 Round Sudoku mobs
-The Recovery part also makes it very easy for the team to sustain and heal up, especially with Fire=Heart
-The attack part multiplies the attac of Pompeii team further to approximately x51.2 (32x1.6), 
-If we take into account the standard Machina team skill where at 100% fuel, Machina attack x2, that gives 102.4 (51.2x2)

Pros and Cons
+ High HP and Recovery
+ Can overcome overheal shield without much problems
+ Easy to sustain and take hits
+ OP active
+ Can utilize ALL Fire and Machina cards as members, making Pompeii very flexible
+ easy and fun to play
+ Best music in ToS (Please don't flame me for this)
- High skill cap (but with great reward)
- Can be slow charging

Members (I'll talk about main members first and slowly add in other fire members)
     Pompeii
[Image: 100] ★★★★★
More Pompeii? Yes please. More of him means more attack launched and shorter time between when you can activate that OP active

Smilodon
One of the core members in Pompeii, essentially making your leader Pompeii's already explosive damage become VOLCANIC (just like what happened to Pompeii in real life lol)

Ghroth
Sadly, I don't have him, but he's one of the most OP members in the game. Basically giving you bursts in Billions and giving you an insane overheal

Medea & Dancer Yan
[Image: 100][Image: 100] ★★★★★
Medea: Want even more damage? Just add in Medea. With Pompeii's hp, he can easily tank hits (especially with all those first strikes), while increasing the drop rate of fire runestone and doubling the damage the team can exert.
Dancer Yan: Similar to medea, double damage boost, but without fire rune drop increase and increased damage taken. She also comes with a heart conversion when you turn her off. 
*I'll also add a post in the future about who to choose between Medea and Yan.

Uriel
[Image: 100] ★★★★☆
Have problems with Crazy high defense mobs? This is the solution
Also brings good conversion to the table

VR Refinement Seth
Great for board clearing many hazards present in stages nowadays. Also acts as an attack and recovery booster, and brings an insane amount of hp. Probably the best booster available for Pompeii at the moment

VR Refinement Nezha
Insane CD5 convertor and 1s spinning time extension. Though I only gave her 4 stars because she converts away runes that fulfill the WFE condition too. Still great to have nonetheless.

Chessia
[Image: 100]★★★☆☆
She is a very good convertor by making the whole board WFE+H. Great for burst, healing and fulfilling Pompeii's condition. Though, I only give her 3 stars because she is CD8, while Pompeii is CD6. SO if you have an additional Pompeii, I would put Pompeii instead of her. Also she is below Nezha IMO because she doesn't give 1s spinning time like Nezha, which can easily increase your average combo.
(Credits to Rampage for mentioning about her)

Biscuit
[Image: 100] ★★★☆☆
Who doesn't like Biscuit? Fast heart converter and also solve Heart rune shield (each heart rune decrease hp by %, forgot what is it called)

PR Yog'Sothoth
I know, I gave Yog only 3 stars. But trust me, Pompeii+Smilodon outdamages Yog+Smilodon by A LOT. I did the calculation somewhere in this forum already.
Her CD10 active is pretty good though, allowing you to pretty much solve Enchanted Quint shield, by using Yog+Smilodon.

Fire Lionel
Fire Lionel sure can reduce incoming damage and extend time, also great for runestacking the board when you encounter fire rune trojan.

Katherin & PR Sean
[Image: 100][Image: 100] ★★★☆☆
As mentioned by Fauxy, starters are always useful to have but they bring the total stat down

Rocococococococo (Rococo)
[Image: 100] ★★☆☆☆
Good fast convertor, but she converts heart away. Her switched active is great though as it gives you a huge burst for one round.
-She's good on shorter stage because you can "powerup" a lot faster and save the Pompeii's active for something else (Credits: wushu624 from Discord group)

Machina Agnesi
[Image: 100] ★★☆☆
She benefits from Pompeii's CD reduction team skill, which makes her active only CD6. As a Machina, she also gets a boost in HP, Atk and RCV. (Credits: Myungsoo from Discord group)

Epsilon & Delta
[Image: 100][Image: 100] ★★☆☆☆
I still have yet to extensively test this combo but the damage is definitely there so I'll leave it at 2 stars first. Please give me some feedback on this.
-This combo is very nice as a major burst but it is a 2 card setup which squeezes out something else, but they are both Machina. Great for steamrolling a stage, then megaburst at the end (Credits: wushu624 from Discord group)

Iquitos
[Image: 100]★★☆☆
May seem very good for stalling at first, but with the amount of HP and Recovery that Pompeii team already brings to the table, a stalling card is not as necessary as it seems

Au Shiau Hung Chen
[Image: 100]★★☆☆
A very situational utility card that you can use for the famed 45k in transmigration. Though, I still cleared Trans without him, but you can bring him as a reassurance.

Cao Guojiu
[Image: 100]☆☆
Same with Iquitos, but only 1 round and 80% reduction. If you need stalling, might as well just bring Iquitos, and if you need defense reduction, just bring Uriel

Conclusion
Definitely One of the top meta teams that bring a unique playstyle to the table.
Pompeii team has great sustainability, flexibility, utility and fire-power, making it able to clear all recent transmigration, ultimate stages and nightmare stages.

Final Notes
-Shoutout to Fauxy and KaerfNomekop because I used their format on posting archtypes
-Shoutout to Oriceles for suggesting I write the guide for Pompeii, and for making a meta discussion thread for every patch

Reserved

Reserved 2

Chessia would make a good team member with RGB conversion.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
(08-16-2018, 07:24 PM)rampage Wrote: Chessia would make a good team member with RGB conversion.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I forgot about the existence of Chessia lol, I'll add her in.
What does Epsilon's board actually look like? I don't think I've seen a picture of it ever.

I don't have Pompeii so I'm not sure about this, but how does he fare against high defense enemies that typically need a defense break? I would think that was a weakness since most of his damage is from pew pewing. Of course there's Uriel, but lots of people have holes like that in their inventory where they miss very specific utility/element combos.

Other members to consider are Bedivere (as some people may have access to him but not Medea/Fire Bride), the new Furnace card, utility cards like Yukimura and Skuld, and some of the better off-color machinas who might actually fit like Turing, Froid, and Phi.

But in general, good job. I hope more people find themselves inspired to make write-ups of teams they like Tongue
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(08-17-2018, 12:17 AM)Fauxy Wrote: What does Epsilon's board actually look like? I don't think I've seen a picture of it ever.

I don't have Pompeii so I'm not sure about this, but how does he fare against high defense enemies that typically need a defense break? I would think that was a weakness since most of his damage is from pew pewing. Of course there's Uriel, but lots of people have holes like that in their inventory where they miss very specific utility/element combos.

Other members to consider are Bedivere (as some people may have access to him but not Medea/Fire Bride), the new Furnace card, utility cards like Yukimura and Skuld, and some of the better off-color machinas who might actually fit like Turing, Froid, and Phi.

But in general, good job. I hope more people find themselves inspired to make write-ups of teams they like Tongue

Well against high defense enemies, slotting in delta would be sufficient if you don't have uriel. 

On a side note, I really like pompei's 100% fuel BGM , imo it is hype af. 
 Big Grin Angel

(08-17-2018, 12:17 AM)Fauxy Wrote: What does Epsilon's board actually look like? I don't think I've seen a picture of it ever.

[Image: W1Ypygs.gif]
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
High defense mob doesn't really faze Pompeii tbh. There's many solution to it. For example, there's the obvious Uriel, and then there's Ghroth. But as Fauxy said, some people have a hole in their collection (I for one don't have both the aforementioned cards). So for Sensui SM, on my Pompeii clear I just use both Smilodon and Medea + craft and the first hit from the leader Pompeii already dealt more than enough damage.
(08-16-2018, 01:11 AM)attanond Wrote:            Epsilon & Delta
[Image: 100][Image: 100] ★★☆☆☆
I still have yet to extensively test this combo but the damage is definitely there so I'll leave it at 2 stars first. Please give me some feedback on this.
-This combo is very nice as a major burst but it is a 2 card setup which squeezes out something else, but they are both Machina. Great for steamrolling a stage, then megaburst at the end (Credits: wushu624 from Discord group)
I think you can consider Delta as her own member since she works really well even without pairing up with Epsilon.
A normal Pompeii set-up is able to get to around 30k HP which means her active skill will give her a base attack of around 30k which is really good to break high defense mobs or the 8Mil damage shield (which iirc doesn't count as defense). With a Pompeii team, you get pretty good recovery so being at 1HP isn't that much of a problem and you can also use Pompeii's active to heal up instead of using Epsilon's convert.
In my opinion, I think Delta should be higher than 2 star, maybe 3 star?