Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Oriceles Meta-Analysis: Version 14.1 [Updated AS 15/10/2017]
(09-08-2017, 11:18 PM)Oriceles Wrote: After so many comments on Facebook I'm still debating if I'm going to skip KoF seal, many of the cards are not convenient outside of their KoF compositions. I'd rather save my diamonds until Pili returns (I'm missing SHJ and YYS).

i think we have to wait.  a lot of ppl said izanagi and his seal suc.  how did that turn out.

btw as a double max shj owner i think he suc.  team skill needs to be 100% of hearts i think.  i think they did a layup because of the black card water bride. 

Oriceles,
thank you for your efforts, these threads are very helpful

(09-09-2017, 11:12 AM)jtsmith Wrote: btw as a double max shj owner i think he suc.  team skill needs to be 100% of hearts i think.  i think they did a layup because of the black card water bride. 

I don't have him but let's try some very rough napkin math, shall we? 
4x multiplier with hearts =50% water = roughly 4x4x(1+0.5)= 24x
conditionally you get 4.5x extra on leader & ally = roughly +1.5x on each card,  so kinda equivalent to 24x(1+1.5)=60x multiplier. 

for another rough napkin math comparison we have Arthur, Arthur is 3x light human,  all runes =30% light when leader +ally, you get 1.5x extra damage and up to 2x extra dissolved light runes, that gives us 
3x3x(1+0.3x4)x1.5x2 = 3x3x2.2x1.5x2= 59.4x

Ophiuchus is more straight forward with {(3.5x2)^2} *enchanted runes bonus= 49x enchanted = roughly same 60x

These are roughly the same power jackpot cards, but they have quite the difference in quality of life benefits imho. SHJ is lacking it at the moment. 

Honestly in first impression even Guan Yu is around that same ballpark (3x3x3x2x1.2 = 64.8 without enchantress),  Nobunaga is an outlier tho (4.5x4.5x3= 60.75 and on top it has the conditional for x1.5x1.5 that makes converters a perfect fit for it) 

This has been me rambling with that rough napkin math but I honestly think that instead of raw damage it could use a quality of life boost.  Maybe a slight damage reduction do you could slot elves?... 

VR: Loki, Thor, Tyr, Elizabeth, Todd, Jack, Jackie.
PR: Greeks, SDoji, Dodo, Aloha, Ra, Sirius, YJ, Saruman, Barbhogg, Inana.
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
(09-10-2017, 09:26 AM)Revdarian Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 11:12 AM)jtsmith Wrote: btw as a double max shj owner i think he suc.  team skill needs to be 100% of hearts i think.  i think they did a layup because of the black card water bride. 

I don't have him but let's try some very rough napkin math, shall we? 
4x multiplier with hearts =50% water = roughly 4x4x(1+0.5)= 24x
conditionally you get 4.5x extra on leader & ally = roughly +1.5x on each card,  so kinda equivalent to 24x(1+1.5)=60x multiplier. 

for another rough napkin math comparison we have Arthur, Arthur is 3x light human,  all runes =30% light when leader +ally, you get 1.5x extra damage and up to 2x extra dissolved light runes, that gives us 
3x3x(1+0.3x4)x1.5x2 = 3x3x2.2x1.5x2= 59.4x

Ophiuchus is more straight forward with {(3.5x2)^2} *enchanted runes bonus= 49x enchanted = roughly same 60x

These are roughly the same power jackpot cards, but they have quite the difference in quality of life benefits imho. SHJ is lacking it at the moment. 

Honestly in first impression even Guan Yu is around that same ballpark (3x3x3x2x1.2 = 64.8 without enchantress),  Nobunaga is an outlier tho (4.5x4.5x3= 60.75 and on top it has the conditional for x1.5x1.5 that makes converters a perfect fit for it) 

This has been me rambling with that rough napkin math but I honestly think that instead of raw damage it could use a quality of life boost.  Maybe a slight damage reduction do you could slot elves?... 

It goes beyond just the math.  SHJ provides no time extension, no simplified board, no bonus of any kind so once you run out of water then you are pretty much done.

Take arthur on the other hand which can slot a time extension, guarantees 3 light, and makes it essentially a 5 rune type board.

Guanyu is massive skydrop enuf said.

There is no comparison.  I'd rather take abraham (for recovery), freyr (stats, increased drop rate, auto generate) or even water bride over shj.  I think the only reason why i would take shj is if u had 15 hit shield or something.  If they introduced a AR water gemini i might change my mind because then the two hit thing would increase that enough to pay for the crappy board.

When AR Pisces comes out it should help all of the above, but i still wont use SHJ unless forced to.  Im actually hoping that AR Pisces brings back Freyr because of more water runes.

When you look at the exclusively mono colors, it's starting to shape up who is the best in each.  Fire has chessia or nobunaga, dark has lubu or satan, light has maya or arthur, earth has izanagi, tuu, hideyoshi and water has a crapshoot between abraham, water bride and shj.  I blame the water bride for the last one.

I left out some in the above because they require or likely use other colors too.
SHJ not that bad.
Strong in dealing damage but hp abit low.
I play dual SHJ with shuta and 3 hercules, this team very good.
If I want more damage&stats I replace 1 herc with booster such as pr giemsa/ pr odous/ pr cass/ zhaoyu etc.
Any idea what it's going to take to PR Descendants of North? Like mats?
Yeah, those are the quality of life extras, i think that Shuta fits SHJ except for the fact that elves leave a mostly human team even more like a glass cannon than before :S

I mentioned the math since going from 50% hearts to 100% hearts would be a very significant damage increase without touching QoL, while a small % damage shield would allow you to use Shuta, Delphinus or even Andromeda without feeling as much of the hp loss.
VR: Loki, Thor, Tyr, Elizabeth, Todd, Jack, Jackie.
PR: Greeks, SDoji, Dodo, Aloha, Ra, Sirius, YJ, Saruman, Barbhogg, Inana.
Rares: Chessia, Abraham, Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Izanagi, Tsuku, M.Chyang, Nobu, Hide, Lynx, Androm, HFD, RH:LYR, YSS, YSC, LuBu.
YogS, Aether, Erebus, Gaia, Luno, Beelz, Samael, P.Sara, Sera, Shuta, Bael, SQuan, QiaoS, Masam, Draco.
(09-10-2017, 02:29 PM)evilvoice Wrote: Any idea what it's going to take to PR Descendants of North? Like mats?

Oh yeah, Aaronyxy pointed that on his Facebook, I also hope that helps everyone so I'll quote:

Aaronyxy Gaming Wrote:In preparation of the upcoming patch 14.1, remember to prepare your materials for the upcoming Awakening Recall and Power Release.
-20 Pieces for each zodiac chap. 2 for AR
-10 pieces for each descendant of the north for PR
-3 Horner, 2 memory traveler PR mat (Remember Swegde and M&M is human!)
-8 mystical stele of inheritance
Prepare early! So you don't have to go hunting after the patch drops!

We are probably getting Merchant Ship to trade PR mats during the first week of the patch, so I'll be able to PR all norse except Vali who I don't ready yet and I'm debating if he is worth at the moment since I have better options for my earth mono.
[Image: zu27X6A.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: All Norse Gods, Chessia, Abraham, Barbara, and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(09-10-2017, 11:58 PM)Oriceles Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 02:29 PM)evilvoice Wrote: Any idea what it's going to take to PR Descendants of North? Like mats?

Oh yeah, Aaronyxy pointed that on his Facebook, I also hope that helps everyone so I'll quote:

Aaronyxy Gaming Wrote:In preparation of the upcoming patch 14.1, remember to prepare your materials for the upcoming Awakening Recall and Power Release.
-20 Pieces for each zodiac chap. 2 for AR
-10 pieces for each descendant of the north for PR
-3 Horner, 2 memory traveler PR mat (Remember Swegde and M&M is human!)
-8 mystical stele of inheritance
Prepare early! So you don't have to go hunting after the patch drops!

We are probably getting Merchant Ship to trade PR mats during the first week of the patch, so I'll be able to PR all norse except Vali who I don't ready yet and I'm debating if he is worth at the moment since I have better options for my earth mono.

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't it be 10 mystical? It's hard to divide 8 into 5. Looks like I need to farm so I can PR my M&M
Yeah you are right probably Aaron is wrong on that, I have quite a ton of those on my Inventory because I keep getting them while farming slimes and, also from the time I was trying to pass all the extras.
[Image: zu27X6A.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: All Norse Gods, Chessia, Abraham, Barbara, and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.