Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis [15.0] + Tier list 26-2-2018
(01-23-2018, 06:34 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Hmm. I gotta sleep so I don't wanna make a long post but one thing I wanna say is the 15.1 seems likely to be the rumored anime collab so we might not be seeing a really solid Machina team for a long time.

If we got something like Strike Witches then holy crap! Mecha musume galore ...

ID: 54962818

looking for top players in leaderboards so i can copy your team.
no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting

The problem with the dark rare is that you really have issues against puzzle shields and it might convert the runes that you need. The active looks like it is made for a grind team but i'm not sure how to slot it in at the momment.

Big Grin Angel

Alright I'm awake lol. Some of my thoughts and notes for usage:

Sun Ce
  • Base Multiplier: 20.25x with all attributive runes=25% water. Everyone should know from Nobu, Khaos, and Maya that multiple sets of runes=other runes can sometimes be a great replacement for a hard number multiplier.
  • The leader I, personally am most drawn to, because I think his spinning complication is just enough to justify the raw power he brings by having runes=25% water and 3 times the combos, I was getting 24 combos (really just 7 combos lol) with just a little lucky skydrop on his test stage, I'm sure with Wen Zhong we could see it go up even further and match the Greeks quite easily.
  • I disagree with spinning Babylon style, he's got the freeform effect of Pontos and Erebus and imo as a longtime Erebus player, the best way to get combos for them is to not think in straight lines and be very wary about how stacking is much easier when you don't have to worry about the exact positions that runes fall in, just that there's a big enough clump of them.
  • He has actually a decent bit of utility: time tunnel with Matthew, extend with Molly, clear effects with Florice, board refresh with Summer, multiattack with Pinkie, Sun Quan, and Chris, snipe with Gretchen Fusion, healing with Oichi, unlock with Sie Kensou, and DC fill and damage reduce with Kula (RIP me for ignoring the KOF collab).
  • I think his big weakness particularly in regard to some of these utility cards is that the base stats of the team might be quite under par.

Zhurong
  • Base Multiplier: 39x for humans, 6x for everyone else. Sorry to burst the bubble on people who want to use her multiracially. Fire becomes a universal rune at 50%.
  • She's a little bit Guan Yu, a little bit Izanagi, a little bit Hideyoshi. Not much to say about her, she seems uncomplicated in a sense and very powerful under the right circumstances, but like many human teams, quite fragile. Her active is not at all what I initially thought it was, or even what I thought it was after that, but seems more like the Revolutionary Heroes' actives where points are built up passively by fulfilling a spinning requirement and then spent when the active is used. Why they didn't just give her EP to smooth this system, I have no idea, but it does allow her to use her ability even if the points haven't been filled in the allotted amount of turns (5), just to a weaker effect.
  • Main members: Medea. I struggle to recommend the other two enchantresses because her major weakness is that unlike Izanagi, her auto convert is by rune attribute and not locational. Unless by a miracle, you never get any fire skydrop ever, this means that every turn your board has more and more fire runes and only a few other stragglers, similar to Hideyoshi's mass convert strategy. Circe under these circumstances, is somewhat difficult to use because of her 4 combo limitation, and unlike Hideyoshi, you have less of an option to not convert because any initial fire rune conversion triggers the autoconvert. Healing also doesn't seem like it's going to be easy unless Shakuro gets slotted in, so Cassandra is probably out too. But then, if you can guarantee a kill every turn, is healing necessary?
  • Other options for boosters/teamskill members that might be a better fit: Yashiro, Cai Wenji, Tawil, Kyo. As she's rainbow she has a wide pool of utility.

Xiahou Dun
  • Base Multiplier: 54x once her 3x3 area has been activated.
  • Her active is bad. I'm gonna call it right now. She is a human, ideal members for her are mostly human, she should not be getting hit. An active that revolves around getting hit is not a good thing, especially if Demons are in the mix. You can put Lu Xun in for a guaranteed -18.75% damage reduction every turn, put Piasa for another 30%, but you're sacrificing Circe and that's not great. A leader's active not just being mediocre but being actively kinda bad doesn't bode the best because of course, if you run a team with her you're expecting to have two of them. Two slots used for bad actives.
  • However: she's probably gonna get a lot of play. Because her leader skill is so strong that maybe her active doesn't matter. Autostacked runes every turn, Izanagi-esque in their simplicity and the way they allow for a certain mindless level of play.
  • There are concerns with puzzle shields, as some posters have said, and also initial dissolve shields of every kind, in three colors. I'm not entirely sure that there is an easy solution to those problems.
  • Oriceles covered most of the good options for her for members. Welwitschia might be fun too.
  • She's my least favored of the three at the moment and I'm hoping I don't draw her (at the expense of the other two I mean) but we'll have to see.
Commons
  • Lu Xun - Other than the obvious Hideyoshi, this guy might be worth putting in any high dissolve team that needs a defensive buff, albeit at the cost of offense in Circe. Guan Yu might manage to be a lot more tanky with this boy in, as well as DP/YJ, and as Oriceles stated, Athena. Even if none of those come to fruition, Hideyoshi grind looks like it might be a really good successor to Wukong.
  • Huang Zhong - Arthur's new sugar daddy. I don't have TYR so I am all for this card being basically a replacement. The HP buff is real nice too.
  • Cai Wenji - Kind of directly comparable to Colin in that she blows up 50% of all runes and gives you boosted ones of the opposite colors. However rather than time tunnel for one turn you get a permanent 1s time extend, so long as you meet the conditions. Pretty good utility.
  • Meng Huo - I drew him for free. Ugh. I like this art so much why did he have to be the trash card of the series? Don't use in any team. Don't bother.
  • Yuan Shao - Yes, very comparable to Tsang, but also stacks with him as Bedivere does to Medea, so excellent. Note that unlike Tsang, he can be used in Honda/Sun Quan without major problems (dissolving light every turn without Arthur's light crack is a doozy). If I recall correctly to back when Andromeda had -50% recovery, Cassandra's recov drain happens first actually, so you can stack those together to to finally give Water/Light a competitive damage multiplier (at least for Light members) at the cost of being completely unable to recover without actives as Yuan Shao is not a toggle off.
Others
  • I won't comment on VR Greek. I think I have to play before I can really say anything about them.
  • Machina Scholars - MEH
  • Guan Yinping - One of those cards who is decently useful but kind of boring and so I don't know that she'll be a mainstay even in the team she's made for.
  • Zhang Liao - I don't speak Chinese but isn't this what everyone shouts when they have bad luck lol? He's quite good for Sun Ce.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
While testing greeks (only artemis tbh, but you get it) i found myself liking them more and more as i play with them. I agree that Apollo and Artemis are the strongest ones, Artemis for the wide range of members on dark attribute and attack stat and Apollo for the opposite, having ml at disposal really means a lot.

Regarding Machinas, as long as there are at least 2 on them is they would be already giving you a lot, problem is that with the current pool only Lionel + Agnesi/Lisa/Thomas would be a good pair (wont be taking into account the new biweeklis right now and also Gretchen + Fort Stirling doesnt seem that cool tbh). The other thing is that for the current machinas you dont always want/need those cards as members depending on what you need for the stage
IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, Sakura or PR Phanes. For almost all else add me.
Hm just picked Athena not sure wether to train or nah haha ilk figure that out later anyway new series seems OK BESIDES THAT FIRE COMMON Xd
(01-23-2018, 04:28 PM)desrt Wrote: While testing greeks (only artemis tbh, but you get it) i found myself liking them more and more as i play with them. I agree that Apollo and Artemis are the strongest ones, Artemis for the wide range of members on dark attribute and attack stat and Apollo for the opposite, having ml at disposal really means a lot.

Regarding Machinas, as long as there are at least 2 on them is they would be already giving you a lot, problem is that with the current pool only Lionel + Agnesi/Lisa/Thomas would be a good pair (wont be taking into account the new biweeklis right now and also Gretchen + Fort Stirling doesnt seem that cool tbh). The other thing is that for the current machinas you dont always want/need those cards as members depending on what you need for the stage

I think once we get all 5 colors of Lionel, A full Machina team with them would be pretty damn powerful
Zhurong isn't combo adverse even with lots of fire runes, either that or i suddenly became pro, 7-11 combos seem to come out naturally. Maybe i've been lucky, dunno but just saying that in my tests i have had no issue with circe in her. I use Kyo too since my Tawil isn't lvled up and i am instead lvling black lionel (Black+White lionel on a Khaos Team can surely give you some lulzy once you 1st get over 50% fuel and if you both go to 100% then yeah it is strong Smile )
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
Just to add for Sun Ce, his leader skill is confusing to many people.

I've tried him and he DOES NOT require you to spin 4 in a row to dissolve the runes.

Just like what Fauxy has previously mentioned,
(01-23-2018, 04:27 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Sun Ce

I disagree with spinning Babylon style, he's got the freeform effect of Pontos and Erebus and imo as a longtime Erebus player, the best way to get combos for them is to not think in straight lines and be very wary about how stacking is much easier when you don't have to worry about the exact positions that runes fall in, just that there's a big enough clump of them.

He is actually like Guan Yu/Maya where instead of 3 runes, you have to group 4 runes.

Many people in my guild seems to misunderstand from his leader skill that you need to spin 4 in a row like babylonh and think he is the worst amongst the 3. ._.
Tired mess

Ally : Chessia
Available : Abadon ,  Samuel , Uncle Tuu , Azazel , Pr Artemis , Pr Loki , Pr Hades , Beelzebulb , Cao^2 , Abraham , Satan , Guan Yu , Izangi , Sun Quan , DQXQ , Lubu , Tsukiyomi , Amaterasu , Bael , Wukong , Daji , erebus , pr loki 

(01-24-2018, 03:44 PM)Sona Wrote: Just to add for Sun Ce, his leader skill is confusing to many people.

I've tried him and he DOES NOT require you to spin 4 in a row to dissolve the runes.

Just like what Fauxy has previously mentioned,
(01-23-2018, 04:27 PM)Fauxy Wrote: Sun Ce

I disagree with spinning Babylon style, he's got the freeform effect of Pontos and Erebus and imo as a longtime Erebus player, the best way to get combos for them is to not think in straight lines and be very wary about how stacking is much easier when you don't have to worry about the exact positions that runes fall in, just that there's a big enough clump of them.

He is actually like Guan Yu/Maya where instead of 3 runes, you have to group 4 runes.

Many people in my guild seems to misunderstand from his leader skill that you need to spin 4 in a row like babylonh and think he is the worst amongst the 3. ._.

After using the test team and wasting a round, I figured out the way to spin. Yes it works like Guan Yu and Pontos/Erebus, BUT YOU HAVE TO SPIN BY 4. I don't like it and hope I don't pull the card. I shouldn't have that problem since I'm not doing anymore draws from that seal unless they give a free one or they are in the CNY event.
Sun Ce isn't hard to spin when in the normal stages, but when you encounter burning board , good luck.
ID: 54962818

looking for top players in leaderboards so i can copy your team.
no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting