Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis [14.3] + Leader Tier list 15-01-2018
(01-15-2018, 10:15 PM)Fauxy Wrote: I agree that the list needs to be more transparent but not necessarily more stratified, it can get really confusing, and new cards are introduced too quickly at the current pace to keep it updated. A few months ago we discussed having a separate subforum for individual team guide threads ala the TSZ guide, with a masterthread functioning as a sort of tier list. At the time, I hadn't realized that all the mods in this forum are inactive. I'd still like to see something like that come to fruition but I don't know how it's possible without migrating to some other platform like reddit. Maybe a google docs?

(01-15-2018, 09:20 PM)attanond Wrote: Any opinion on the new Slime King for Diablo team?

To what end? He can be good for clearing some stages with complicated shields, but he's not so valuable as to have him as a standard member. That being said, since all the stages are at 5 stamina now, it's worth it to farm him because it's so easy and costs nothing and the EXP/feeder drops aren't bad.

Let's just say for clearing Khaos Ultimate stage. Because I don't have Sakura or Izanagi, so I gotta use Diablo team to clear it when it comes back.

(01-16-2018, 12:34 AM)attanond Wrote: Let's just say for clearing Khaos Ultimate stage. Because I don't have Sakura or Izanagi, so I gotta use Diablo team to clear it when it comes back.
I thought you had Daoloth. He can house Nyx, so he can clear.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(01-16-2018, 01:48 AM)Fauxy Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 12:34 AM)attanond Wrote: Let's just say for clearing Khaos Ultimate stage. Because I don't have Sakura or Izanagi, so I gotta use Diablo team to clear it when it comes back.

Yeah, but what about the overheal shield stage? Will Nyx's recovery be enough?

(01-16-2018, 02:02 AM)attanond Wrote:

You can grind through, but you have to be careful of heart drought, probably you'll need to utilize Pluma's recovery sword amel every turn to be able to keep at max HP doing overheal damage. Hard to say how easy or hard it'll be yet, since it hasn't been tested in action.
15-01-2018 Update
- Some requested changes on tier list, be sure to check the details on the bottom.
- Added an invite to the Discord server where I'll be opening a text-channel for the discussion.

This is the last update on this thread before version 15.
For next version update I'm planning to use one of the separated post to add comments for every leader + links to YouTube so new and returning players can understand more about the archetypes. I miss when people on the forum used to open threads for each attribute and discuss specific team building lol.

Edit: Adding links to previous meta threads so people can study new content.
14.0: Starburst pulses
14.1: Maya, awakening recall explained, descendants of the north, and the king of fighters collab.
14.2: I wasn't able to post a thread regarding elfish perennials because I didn't have Internet at the time RIP.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(01-16-2018, 02:34 AM)Fauxy Wrote:

You can grind through, but you have to be careful of heart drought, probably you'll need to utilize Pluma's recovery sword amel every turn to be able to keep at max HP doing overheal damage. Hard to say how easy or hard it'll be yet, since it hasn't been tested in action.

I guess I gotta try when it come back and see  Tongue
But if I'm not wrong, Nyx's skill impose a mark that stays on indefinitely, so the 3 second spin extension stays permanent until I kill the mob right?
(01-16-2018, 09:53 PM)attanond Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 02:34 AM)Fauxy Wrote:

I guess I gotta try when it come back and see  Tongue
But if I'm not wrong, Nyx's skill impose a mark that stays on indefinitely, so the 3 second spin extension stays permanent until I kill the mob right?

Yes, it's a wave buff, like Fylgja or non PR greeks.
Biggest problem with older version meta analyses is that it happens that some info becomes obsolete in the process of releasing new patches and new series.

Some near useless card may become very good or the info presented in older threads may not reflect how good cards currently are. Also, a single person is highly unlikely to have all cards and test them agains much of stages, main example kof meta analysis, which i'd say today is 70% incorrect, while at the time, it was 100% correct (thats only because my main team is kof, therefore I use them daily on all stages and know + and - of them).

One solution is to update those threads all the time, which is time consuming and borderline insane, simply because of the amount of work needed to be put into that or 2nd solution, just put a disclaimer that says that meta changes and take all these reccomendations and ratings as subjective view of current series and a place for discussion.

Primary reason for posting this is new players. They may think some card they gain is bad, while in all of actuality it isnt, and many still don't post on forums for help so its a risk of new players making mistakes until they get to know majority of mechanics and cards.

Maybe a good thing would be to copy/paste thoughts about cards presented in OP to wiki, as there people can chronologically see how certain cards shifted in the meta, while forums design is very bad for such insights.
Yeah, it's most of archive rather than keeping up with the content, that is why I'm considering to add an extra post. Now, talking about wiki I was talking about it with joetjef somewhere in the past, about creating a wikia page for each patch instead of new forum threads, but I'm still shaping the way I do this threads so that is why I haven't moved there yet.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.