Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis [14.3] + Leader Tier list 15-01-2018
(01-08-2018, 08:42 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 09:51 AM)Oriceles Wrote: I'm kinda sad because of those issues I haven't been able to shape this thread as it should and I haven't been able to update the tier list as I promised. But fear not, my new modem is arriving somewhere after january 11.

I'm looking forward to the next thread. Hope your net issues clear up.

In other news: you can now see two almost full body silhouettes of the upcoming RoTK cards on the anniversary website. Spear and hammer. It's not a lot to go on but I seeing a patch unfold. I'm hoping one of the rares will be Pang Tong (because I liked using him in Dynasty Warriors lol), and that he'll keep a similar kind of "black mage from Final Fantasy except as a Chinese warlord" aesthetic. Well, I'd be okay with him as a useful common.

Also, I didn't notice this in the last link I posted, but the white block of characters underneath the silhouettes of the three rares is meant to represent the next black card, it would seem. I'm not sure whether being separated from Genesis and Sindhu on that chart means that it will be an entirely new Black card series though, which I feel is unnecessary, but hey, it's MH's game. Can anyone who can read translate what it says for us?

The video is a promo for a card drawing event at Taipei Game Show and lists the series that will be in the card pool, including RoTK2. The white card is a wild card (your choice at max level/max skill). 

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Ophiuchus (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders: Lu Bu, Mastema, Izanagi, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Arthur, Yi Ye Shu, Rose, Ghroth, Daoloth, Mai, etc.
(01-08-2018, 09:10 PM)agnesi Wrote: The video is a promo for a card drawing event at Taipei Game Show and lists the series that will be in the card pool, including RoTK2. The white card is a wild card (your choice at max level/max skill). 
Mmm. So they're still keeping the black card release under wraps. Because they want people to spend like crazy on RoTK2 and then drop it without warning in the middle of the patch like they did with Atlantis, I guess.

I knew the vid was for TGS, but not the wild card thing. How would that work? It gives you a ticket like the redemption rewards where you can choose a plump beast? Not that I have any chance of being there lol.

UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Maya and Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Ophiuchus, Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Magrence, Jackie, Jack, Barbara, Azathoth.
Nonmax: Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
12-01-2018 Update:
Added comments for the following cards to the main post:
- Y'golonac
- Mammon
- Gluttonous King Slime 7*
- Tawil
Leader tier list is still pending to update and discuss. Also I'm thinking about making a thread for team dumping/sharing.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
I dont know why in gods name Copper bullet is in one league with the new dragons, iza or KoF... Same for Arthur. Sure theyre useable, but miles from those away.
Honda, that blue dude from the same series and Aether in B Tier along with Rose, Hideyoshi or Norse doesnt feels right, either.
[Image: 6nabheze.png]
 69531602                                      Saviors League (Lv17) looking for members
Edit: I recommend to please read the subs on the tier lists, B is not so far from A as C is from B. B is standard damage output but not the best choice on current meta for many reasons.

Copper still does the trick for many stages, multiplier is quite high also.
Arthur is quite op with the right members, Tang Yu Rou + Yi Ye Shu + Tsang for example.
Honda is a tricky one, specially because is not a leader you will see often, same goes for Sun Quan which is mainly used as adjutant for Honda because the damage output with Qiao sisters is not that great either.
Aether feels pretty limited right now because of the multiple race requirements, you need to think the members a lot and she has dropped on popularity a lot lately.
Rose is up for consideration when compared to Cornflower and Sakura, I might move her up but I need to see more of her.
Hideyoshi is race locked, I acknowledge his damage can be quite high but yo have to flood the board and unless you have Yashiro combo counts will be hard to achieve.
Norse needs to bench Odin which is not of their attribute which ruins achievements, then needs valkyries to get full passive, also the team cost is another drawback + all the resource intensive they are when compared to any of the other A leaders which can achieve around the same damage output with just an evolution. Loki can match Odin attribute and now have access to Hel to get even more damage + Anubis and other dark gods of the meta like AR Pollux, Edward and Yomi, that is why he is on A instead of B. I have hope that Icathaqua might bring Freyja to A as well.

I mean, doesn't how little you see Honda speak for itself? I think he's, if not the worst, among the worst of all rares, which is a shame cuz his art is great. Even Abraham sees more play, even Merlin, who is literally only good for one team (though let's be honest Bedivere is the real 3rd rare from KotR). Meanwhile, people were using Rose to clear the final boss of Age of Black Iron, but you say you haven't seen enough of her. TSZ has one of the most rigid team/race/member restrictions in the game, but he's top over everyone and this is just widely accepted fact. I think Akanto is advocating for pushing Aether down instead of up though.

For your future list there needs to be more of a uniform and transparent standard of what makes a team qualify for a tier. Or. We can survey monkey it and vote, and just have a general consensus tier list, which people will still complain about, because that's normal, but at least everyone can feel like they had a say.
UID: 86478773
Adjutants: Maya and Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Ophiuchus, Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Magrence, Jackie, Jack, Barbara, Azathoth.
Nonmax: Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
(01-12-2018, 08:38 PM)Oriceles Wrote: Edit: I recommend to please read the subs on the tier lists, B is not so far from A as C is from B. B is standard damage output but not the best choice on current meta for many reasons.

Copper still does the trick for many stages, multiplier is quite high also.
Arthur is quite op with the right members, Tang Yu Rou + Yi Ye Shu + Tsang for example.
Honda is a tricky one, specially because is not a leader you will see often, same goes for Sun Quan which is mainly used as adjutant for Honda because the damage output with Qiao sisters is not that great either.
Aether feels pretty limited right now because of the multiple race requirements, you need to think the members a lot and she has dropped on popularity a lot lately.
Rose is up for consideration when compared to Cornflower and Sakura, I might move her up but I need to see more of her.
Hideyoshi is race locked, I acknowledge his damage can be quite high but yo have to flood the board and unless you have Yashiro combo counts will be hard to achieve.
Norse needs to bench Odin which is not of their attribute which ruins achievements, then needs valkyries to get full passive, also the team cost is another drawback + all the resource intensive they are when compared to any of the other A leaders which can achieve around the same damage output with just an evolution. Loki can match Odin attribute and now have access to Hel to get even more damage + Anubis and other dark gods of the meta like AR Pollux, Edward and Yomi, that is why he is on A instead of B. I have hope that Icathaqua might bring Freyja to A as well.

So about Freyja, do you think having Freyja, Odin, Valkyrie, Icathaqua can bring her to A tier?
(01-12-2018, 09:06 PM)Fauxy Wrote: For your future list there needs to be more of a uniform and transparent standard of what makes a team qualify for a tier. Or. We can survey monkey it and vote, and just have a general consensus tier list, which people will still complain about, because that's normal, but at least everyone can feel like they had a say.

Yes I'm still figuring out a method for evaluation for next thread. Be it evaluation on values like popularity, damage, team compatibility, and resource or just a census on a Discord channel. I really want to make the tier list in to something everyone feels more reliable and fair.

Honda is just not popular but he is really strong, I managed to pass Frigg 3 health bar stage with dual Honda. Abraham is by far one of the most subpar leaders right now on water mono. I was away for a month with no Internet access Sad I missed a lot of videos and content, I'm really putting her on consideration for A tier as you guys keep voting for her. As for Aether yeah... she is on a weird spot right now.

(01-12-2018, 11:15 PM)attanond Wrote: So about Freyja, do you think having Freyja, Odin, Valkyrie, Icathaqua can bring her to A tier?

Probably, Icathaqua can bring a lot of damage to that team but we are having 1 free slot left. Same goes for Loki+Hel but the effect is even stronger because of the heart runes effect on dark runes. I'm still pending to max the level of my Icathaqua to make some tests + I have to see videos and stages being cleared with that setup.

(01-12-2018, 11:36 PM)Oriceles Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:15 PM)attanond Wrote: So about Freyja, do you think having Freyja, Odin, Valkyrie, Icathaqua can bring her to A tier?

Probably, Icathaqua can bring a lot of damage to that team but we are having 1 free slot left. Same goes for Loki+Hel but the effect is even stronger because of the heart runes effect on dark runes. I'm still pending to max the level of my Icathaqua to make some tests + I have to see videos and stages being cleared with that setup.

I don't know what people see in Ithaqua but I'm just not feeling it. Lionel, Diaochan, Cygnus, Leona; all these cards I bought in a heartbeat, but with this one I don't know. Is the extra damage from race runes really that significant (honest question)? Is Freyja the only one that can tap into its full potential? All these questions still linger in my mind...
Main Ally: Azathoth
PR: FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, WE Spiritual Civilization, WFE Egyptians, Aloha, Dipankara
VR: WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
EX. Seal: Atlantis, Maya, Azathoth, Ghroth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu

ID: 21218485
(01-13-2018, 12:25 AM)put1572 Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:36 PM)Oriceles Wrote:

I don't know what people see in Ithaqua but I'm just not feeling it. Lionel, Diaochan, Cygnus, Leona; all these cards I bought in a heartbeat, but with this one I don't know. Is the extra damage from race runes really that significant (honest question)? Is Freyja the only one that can tap into its full potential? All these questions still linger in my mind...

Race runes are liked enhanced enchanted runes, but apply to race rather than attribute.  Whereas dissolving a group of 3 enchanted runes is +45%, a group of 3 race runes is +90%, compared to a set of unenchanted.  +90% is also incidently the boost from enchanted runes in a Norse team.  A Norse team with Ithaqua includes at least 4 gods, so Ithaqua provides both boosts to most/all of the team.