Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis [14.3] + Leader Tier list 11-12-2017
(12-05-2017, 09:24 AM)Glune Wrote: Of course I understand its oriceles thread and likewise I also appreciate his contribution haha 
I hoping dalhoth or whatever his name is does get better as the series get experimented as time passes bahahaha thanks for your reply too Big Grin
Daoloth has 2 mill hp you will be fine.  A team with not many options stands the most to gain from new sm, weeklies, etc cards.

(12-05-2017, 08:46 AM)Glune Wrote: Just a quick question why is daoloth  (the light jackpot from most recent series) in the C tier? Is it cause of his race restrictions? Lol I only have that guy so just wondering heh

He is fine, but he is similar to what happened to Arthur and Ophiuchus when they first came, they didn't have members that could bring many options, so they were restricted until Madhead started to improve them.

(12-05-2017, 09:11 AM)jtsmith Wrote: That being said i dont agree with most of the tiers.  Atlantis, maya and tsz provide little hp and barely room for a mistake while leaders like khaos, beasts, new series do.  This weighs heavy when you are trying to survive with meager cards.
(...)
I remember when izanagi first came out.  Some of my guildmates in a top100 faction said that he and the series sux.  Izanagi was recently awarded most popular earth leaders.  So there u go.
The thing with the black cards is that they mostly need to have decent spinning skills and good members to get them fully working, and once you have both you can clear many stuff with ease, just look at how many stages on wikia can be cleared by Tan Sanzang while other teams need to struggle building really specific stuff with utility cards. Also the S tier is mostly separated by rarity and raw power. Also I remember the times when people considered that Izanagi was meh, and now he is super popular and can support many different teams focused on full burst or grind lol.

(12-05-2017, 10:05 AM)agnesi Wrote: No self attack boosts? Fire has K, Mo Wang Zi, Agnesi Fusion with self attack boosts (technically Kyo, but it's hard to support his multiplier outside KOF). I guess the intended usage is to smack Fthaggua between Ghroth and a Fire Fusion (Achilles or something).

The annoying thing about Ghroth is the complete lack of synergy between him and any other card in this series besides Yibb. The extra slots obviously go to a fusion card, but all of the cards besides Yibb aren't really that great on a Ghroth team?

Aboleth strikes me as one of those water enchantresses that look good on paper but are too difficult to upkeep in actual play. Having Water and Heart runes and dissolving the same number of combos of each in the first batch is not always possible. I'd guess it would work the best as a short CD booster in SHJ or Cornflower...?

Yibb only boosts Leader and Ally attack, not the whole team even if they're all demons, effectively a 1.5x boost. Ali Baba is a full team 3x booster... doesn't make sense to compare them.

Mordiggian - I don't have him to test yet, but it sounds like his active isn't a control skill and can be carried over rounds? If that's the case he beats Leona and Beowulf in my opinion.

By self attack I was thinking about something like Florice/Pupuro/Mufasa etc. Those launching extra attacks of x30 would be cool, so perhaps Kyo could be a good companion of Fthuagga on Nobunaga?, also it's complicated because Kyo won't be available again. Mo Wang Zi absorbs attack based on total team base attack, which is a different value and I'm pretty sure that it might be lower than self-attack boosts. Fusion and Yog are good ideas.

Yes I was thinking about SHJ and Cornflower as well, other water leaders like Priestess Xi and Atlantis don't needs hearts at all.

Oh I missed that fact on Yibb, then she is quite meh instead... So only Ghrot gets the benefit...?

Mordiggian could be quite decent if he is like that, mini version of Rakshasa.

Edit: I decided to change some cards on tier list based on what is being discussed on the official facebook group.

[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
Everyone's gonna disagree on the strict tiers. People have different things they like in a team. Some people want HP, some people want damage, some people want easier spinning. I would put Rose over Sakura any day for example, because I'm so used to playing freeform teams like Maya and Erebus and I'm tired of how uncontrollable the damage output can be. Lynx to me is a failed team, nothing MH has done has made it work and you never see anyone playing it despite it being not that old.

I definitely rate Daoloth higher than the other two from this series, because even if he has very few members, all of the potential members he has are useful and appropriately statted for the meta, Ghroth is going to be a mess of a team for a long time because of his closed meta synergy in a series where most of the cards are made for already existing teams and not Ghroth. And I'm not sure the PR OoD other than Beelz even cut it, because literally just their multipliers have gone up, their stats are still so terribly distributed that having two in a team is a hard hit to your survivability.

So yeah, it's gonna get divisive. People will not agree, and anyone reading should not take anyone's opinion as a hard rule. But the point of these threads, or at least what I think is the point, is that it's a center for a discussion about the current meta and cards. So thank you, Oriceles.

UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
I actually think Mastema is pretty strong, second only to Beelzebub with AR Scorpio and AR Gemini making the team what it is. Dark rune generation is slightly less than Tsuku-Anubis but still pretty decent. With high HP gods like Odin and QTD you're able to reach 20K HP no problem. It's actually refreshing to see a Dark leader that can now somehow contend with Lu Bu in terms of constant damage output, and that too from the normal seal.
Main Ally: Atlantis
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485
Only brought 30 diamonds and got daloth only so I think I'll stop for this seal. However on aaronxy's new video he assumed a new black card might come out for CNY. Anyone agrees with that?

Cause I might spend a bit of money Big Grin
(12-05-2017, 05:18 PM)Glune Wrote: Only brought 30 diamonds and got daloth only so I think I'll stop for this seal. However on aaronxy's new video he assumed a new black card might come out for CNY. Anyone agrees with that?

I feel like this is almost 100% likely to happen. It would shock me if there wasn't a new Sindhu card. Zhu Baije or Sha Wujing probably, but it'll feel weird for them to be better than Wukong.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.

I see a lot of Ghroth leader - Lancelot ally/member teams with 3 of the new series in team it makes Ghroth have some big multipliers and damage it seems.
(12-05-2017, 05:31 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:18 PM)Glune Wrote: Only brought 30 diamonds and got daloth only so I think I'll stop for this seal. However on aaronxy's new video he assumed a new black card might come out for CNY. Anyone agrees with that?

I feel like this is almost 100% likely to happen. It would shock me if there wasn't a new Sindhu card. Zhu Baije or Sha Wujing probably, but it'll feel weird for them to be better than Wukong.

Zhu Bajie already existed as counterpart of Molly for the extinct Tencent version of TOS, many chinese folk cards got exclusive to that version and Madhead never brought them to their own servers I don't know why.

[Image: 234325vkk96kfr2zk6r62u.jpg.thumb.jpg]

a lot of those cards were posted here on the forum but the image hosting died or something.
Edit: found the link to the album, check the user to see the other galleries: http://s25.photobucket.com/user/tckean/library/QQ%20TOS?sort=3&page=1
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, All Norse Gods, Chessia and Lu Bu.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(12-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Oriceles Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:31 PM)Fauxy Wrote:

Zhu Bajie already existed as counterpart of Molly for the extinct Tencent version of TOS, many chinese folk cards got exclusive to that version and Madhead never brought them to their own servers I don't know why.

[Image: 234325vkk96kfr2zk6r62u.jpg.thumb.jpg]

a lot of those cards were posted here on the forum but the image hosting died or something.
Edit: found the link to the album, check the user to see the other galleries: http://s25.photobucket.com/user/tckean/library/QQ%20TOS?sort=3&page=1

https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/3/119533.html contract expired according to google translator
Oh wow. Maybe they'll make a new version though, like Lu Bu. I like the design, he's cute.

On Request: