Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oriceles Meta Analysis «16.3», Tier List 3-2-2019
(02-04-2019, 06:06 AM)Oriceles Wrote: @Ainvar. Currently there is a little of a crisis with the tier list ratings, Lucy is strong, mainly with Fairy Tail members and I feel she will stick for a while since she got rainbow access to Humans and Elves, problem is that even if her kit as leader is strong, as a standalone card she is not as powerful as Gon or Yusuke for example who pack a shitload of additional skills by themselves, this is the reason why many leaders are on top, because alone they are stronger than having the need of some members you may not have be fully efficient. Today I'm going to update this thread to catch up with all the missing content, Tier list is going to be updated before the next patch arrives, FT cards won't get placement changes, I think, but based on how strong Ying Zheng turned out to be you can expect Scholars coming to the agreement of redefining the S tier and throwing down some leaders one tier below like what happened during Gon release.

Thanks for the response. It just seems to me that Aqua has no business being above Lucy as leader. Aqua is amazing through 9th seal and in many SMs and then just completely drops off once you hit 10-3, 10-4, upper levels of Void, etc. Lucy really only needs one additional FT member if you're willing to give up enchanted hearts and she's my go-to tunestone farmer for many levels. Moreover, the list of FT members is quite substantial in terms of utility, so there are few gaps that 2-3 additional flex spots can easily fill. I agree she's a much inferior sub for other teams than Aqua, but I was under the impression that the tier lists are for leaders. After all Azathoth is no better as a sub than Lucy in most cases (she does bring enchant, team burst, and defense all in one active!) and he's S tier despite being hard countered by several things, notably overheal shields, and dependent on two specific subs for much endgame content.

Anyway, tier lists are what they are, but when you see the same leader clearing everything from JOs to 10-4 to the hardest Nightmare stages it doesn't make much sense to me to have other leaders who do not clear those levels ranked higher, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks for all the work you do and I look forward to seeing your updated post. Ying Zheng is crazy strong.

10th seal is a terrible judge of anything because MH banned certain races for a lot of it.  I still stand by my original assessment that the 10th was a disaster and is causing problems with the game.  MH should have continued this scheme but instead put it in the void of the realm.  Now we have a never ending 10th seal that mirrors what we have hated about seal8 AND a void of the realm with 2 stories in it.

Over half of my guild expressed displeasure with this direction with about a third of quitting in the months following.  Void realm started out good with hel then just fell off.  To come back to it all, there is no point judging cards that are banned from certain stages for no gameplay reason other than MH didn't want to deal with them.

It's not all bad mh had since threw a lot of free rewards to keep ppl playing.

(02-04-2019, 10:01 AM)jtsmith Wrote: 10th seal is a terrible judge of anything because MH banned certain races for a lot of it.  I still stand by my original assessment that the 10th was a disaster and is causing problems with the game.  MH should have continued this scheme but instead put it in the void of the realm.  Now we have a never ending 10th seal that mirrors what we have hated about seal8 AND a void of the realm with 2 stories in it.

Over half of my guild expressed displeasure with this direction with about a third of quitting in the months following.  Void realm started out good with hel then just fell off.  To come back to it all, there is no point judging cards that are banned from certain stages for no gameplay reason other than MH didn't want to deal with them.

Sure, but once you beat it all races are open and you can farm tunestones with whatever you want.

I dont think i would call rebeating some stage so u can horde alpacas worthy of s status.
(02-04-2019, 10:17 AM)jtsmith Wrote: I dont think i would call rebeating some stage so u can horde alpacas worthy of s status.

I guess we disagree. I want to know how good a card is, not whether I can beat some arbitrary dungeon restriction. In this case it's irrelevant because Lucy is human.
IMO Groth may not fit in Ying Zheng team. His active stops when 30 runes drop, which will come very fast by dark runes.

Next, Younger Toguro, his multiplier depends on initial dissolve, not sky drop.

My royal team is YZheng - Dark Xi - Anubis - Khaos - Theresia. I see the biggest challenge so far to YZheng is the quintet shield (both enchanted and none) due to the dominance of dark runes, so Khaos does the job. He also adds 1.3 stats to all 8* cards.
ID: 25.610.510

Welcome all friend request.
I'm using ghroth in ying zheng arena team, easily reaching consistently 30-50 combos, and it doesnt come fast due to dark runes.

Trick is to initial dissolve as many hearts as you can, and stack dissolve attributive runestones and then just wait, which easily fulfills ghroth purpose of getting high combo / high dmg.
Using dark xi and ghroth together is a no go in this specific case, also theresia isn't really needed, for other than her 2x buff.

Of course this is all relatively general, specific stages will need specific compositions and having a staple team is only to max out damage and nothing else.
(02-06-2019, 07:42 PM)vespher Wrote: I'm using ghroth in ying zheng arena team, easily reaching consistently 30-50 combos, and it doesnt come fast due to dark runes.

Trick is to initial dissolve as many hearts as you can, and stack dissolve attributive runestones and then just wait, which easily fulfills ghroth purpose of getting high combo / high dmg.
Using dark xi and ghroth together is a no go in this specific case, also theresia isn't really needed, for other than her 2x buff.

Of course this is all relatively general, specific stages will need specific compositions and having a staple team is only to max out damage and nothing else.

I agree and hit 30+ combos consistently using the same strategy.

I also like Dark Xi on QSH team but it has been pointed out to me that it does hurt your attack boost to demons for matching hearts if you are using the 10th seal dragonware. Just FYI. QSH isn't really hurting for damage and removing hearts makes for really nice boards.
(02-06-2019, 01:11 PM)kukingkong Wrote: IMO Groth may not fit in Ying Zheng team. His active stops when 30 runes drop, which will come very fast by dark runes.

My royal team is YZheng - Dark Xi - Anubis - Khaos - Theresia. I see the biggest challenge so far to YZheng is the quintet shield (both enchanted and none) due to the dominance of dark runes, so Khaos does the job. He also adds 1.3 stats to all 8* cards.

Khaos helps but if you want 100% consistent enchanted quintet shield (like for farming a specific dungeon) then I found the following combo really good--use QSH active on WFE together with Beelzebub. You will get a block of 12 enchanted light demon runestones and then 15 additional enchanted dark runestones.

I have had Khaos boards without a single rune of the color I needed before.
(02-06-2019, 01:11 PM)kukingkong Wrote: IMO Groth may not fit in Ying Zheng team. His active stops when 30 runes drop, which will come very fast by dark runes.

I don't think that team has any 8* cards, even Khaos himself is 7*.