Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPiuchus Team :)
(01-25-2018, 11:17 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:52 PM)killerwombat Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:05 PM)Fauxy Wrote: I dunno about Sariel. She simplifies board to 4 colors, if you use her with Luna for a final burst then not creating dark doesn't matter because most of your damage will come from the three synced earth cards.

Don't quite get this - Luna will sync god attacks with the god with the highest attack.  Pollux would be doing 6x greater damage than any other god, so to get the same impact with earth you would need to dissolve 6x as many runes.  Also syncing god attacks that are already similar is a bit pointless.

Using Luna means all gods will sync to Pollux. So you get 3 earth gods attacking synced to Pollux's 6x, similarly synced Luna, and Pollux. Which means most of your damage will come from dissolving earth and not dark. But this is only in the specific situation of Luna being on that earth will matter more than dark. Unless I've misunderstood how Luna's sync works and it comes into effect after runes are counted, which I dunno. I wouldn't have thought that was how it worked.

Yeah you have misunderstood it.  Damage is calculated per card as per the runes that are dissolved, then the highest damage is then copied by other cards.  

I just tested it in Ophiuchus team - with Luna on, doing single dark combo does >200K per card while single earth combo does 35K per card.

(01-25-2018, 11:39 PM)killerwombat Wrote: Yeah you have misunderstood it.  Damage is calculated per card as per the runes that are dissolved, then the highest damage is then copied by other cards.  

I just tested it in Ophiuchus team - with Luna on, doing single dark combo does >200K per card while single earth combo does 35K per card.
Hmm. Well that's interesting. Thanks for testing. So it's final damage and not base attack. I don't actually have Luna but I run Masamune for Novalis and I have a ML team, so you think I would understand these things but it's just kind of gone over my head somehow. I should probably start screenshotting myself more or running a screen capture app.

Sorry to kind of veer away, but since we're kinda on the topic, can I ask if ML's sync is significantly different from TSZ or Ghroth? It's just base attack drain right? Then other MLs and the first Luna sync?

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(01-26-2018, 12:14 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Sorry to kind of veer away, but since we're kinda on the topic, can I ask if ML's sync is significantly different from TSZ or Ghroth? It's just base attack drain right? Then other MLs and the first Luna sync?

ML is base attack drain + base attack sync to other ML/Luna. You can check ML's synced base attack in game.

Regarding Andromeda, she's about a 1.3x boost in this team at best (with all 5 attributes) and even worse when Luna is used (only 1.1x boost). Keep in mind between Pollux's 6x and Luna's +400 to all gods, god attack is absolutely massive compared to Andromeda's attack. You'd probably get better damage boost for less work with PR Yvette and spinning amelioration columns.

Nyx can work as an extra dark convert in case of rune drought, plus useful for clearing the board of annoying runes (against Combo Trojans, etc) and gives extra time extension. Also it comes all maxed, so that's 1 less card to train.

ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
(01-26-2018, 04:41 AM)agnesi Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 12:14 AM)Fauxy Wrote: Sorry to kind of veer away, but since we're kinda on the topic, can I ask if ML's sync is significantly different from TSZ or Ghroth? It's just base attack drain right? Then other MLs and the first Luna sync?

ML is base attack drain + base attack sync to other ML/Luna. You can check ML's synced base attack in game.

Regarding Andromeda, she's about a 1.3x boost in this team at best (with all 5 attributes) and even worse when Luna is used (only 1.1x boost). Keep in mind between Pollux's 6x and Luna's +400 to all gods, god attack is absolutely massive compared to Andromeda's attack. You'd probably get better damage boost for less work with PR Yvette and spinning amelioration columns.

Nyx can work as an extra dark convert in case of rune drought, plus useful for clearing the board of annoying runes (against Combo Trojans, etc) and gives extra time extension. Also it comes all maxed, so that's 1 less card to train.

Sorry for the weird crop I couldn't get it to attach otherwise, and I'm too lazy to imgur. Click to zoom I think.

So, I tested, it's not base attack sync. The second ML seems to sync at the end of the turn, to the final damage the first one does.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(01-26-2018, 05:40 AM)Fauxy Wrote: So, I tested, it's not base attack sync. The second ML seems to sync at the end of the turn, to the final damage the first one does.

Ah, whoops. Well, it goes to show how little I've played ML/Luna recently. Blush
ID: 40 944 239  
Ally: Khaos (Dbl Max).
Frequently Used Leaders (All/Dbl Max): VR Greek (FELD), Ophiuchus, Lu Bu, Mastema, Azazel, Izanagi, Rose, Daoloth, etc.
(01-25-2018, 11:39 PM)killerwombat Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:05 PM)Fauxy Wrote: I dunno about Sariel. She simplifies board to 4 colors, if you use her with Luna for a final burst then not creating dark doesn't matter because most of your damage will come from the three synced earth cards.

Don't quite get this - Luna will sync god attacks with the god with the highest attack.  Pollux would be doing 6x greater damage than any other god, so to get the same impact with earth you would need to dissolve 6x as many runes.  Also syncing god attacks that are already similar is a bit pointless.

Using Luna means all gods will sync to Pollux. So you get 3 earth gods attacking synced to Pollux's 6x, similarly synced Luna, and Pollux. Which means most of your damage will come from dissolving earth and not dark. But this is only in the specific situation of Luna being on that earth will matter more than dark. Unless I've misunderstood how Luna's sync works and it comes into effect after runes are counted, which I dunno. I wouldn't have thought that was how it worked.

Yeah you have misunderstood it.  Damage is calculated per card as per the runes that are dissolved, then the highest damage is then copied by other cards.  

I don't get why the team needs such variety though? I understand that pollux and luma need to be there for synergy but doesn't that mean i should focus on putting light/dark cards in the team? Or should I put earth gods in place of the fillers? I'm very confused about his team comp. Rainbow or mono, all boosters (for pollux) or all earth gods for the earth runes?? Thanks in advance btw!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
(01-26-2018, 08:58 AM)[SG] Leo Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 11:39 PM)killerwombat Wrote:

I don't get why the team needs such variety though? I understand that pollux and luma need to be there for synergy but doesn't that mean i should focus on putting light/dark cards in the team? Or should I put earth gods in place of the fillers? I'm very confused about his team comp. Rainbow or mono, all boosters (for pollux) or all earth gods for the earth runes?? Thanks in advance btw!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not really, the idea is to use Pollux self attack multiplier and Luna's sync to have two turns of high burst with all the other gods in the team so you want to put one elf for the team skill and the other slot with a god, preferably one that can generate dark runes.

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.