Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Next VR series has Gods in it + Next Black card is Fire Machina
Hmm. It could work. But Lionel/Khaos is 5 attacks of 4*2*3.5 (total 140 damage which ignore defense under a difficult condition) + 6 attacks of 4*3.5 (total 84) for a total 224 team attack, not counting fuel, base stats, member actives, additional racial boosts from Khaos, and runes=other runes.

Pompeii, if you are relying largely on both Pompeiis damage + Smilodon is 3 attacks of 5*5*1.6 (120 for 2 Pompeii and Smilodon), and up to (but not reliably) 6 attacks of 5*5*1.6*.4 (96) for a total of 216. Add in 4 non multiplier'd fire cards at a presumed 1 and you get 220. Same, this is before addons like fuel and enchantress effects, which of course Lionel also has access to, and a wider range at that. So it's actually less damage, and you are much more limited for adding in spin time (only DW Nezha really fits whereas Lionel can take any beast and DW Daji on top of that), all the problems I mentioned apply, plus you're sacrificing spaces that could add to the HP and RCV multiplier.

It's possible to add in off-race cards, but I feel it's going to be much more like Azathoth where you still want to keep the team as pure as possible and only add in off-cards to fix one or two specific problems.

I'm not trying to trash this card lol, I hope people know that. I think it's quite interesting. I just like thinking about the possibilities.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Well, Mobius can be played mono water using Cassandra +2 swegdes for vfast charging with constant burst so I can see something similar with Pompeii.

Mobius will still support mono machina a bit better with the water =every element, and enchanted runes every round so I think that Pompeii won't be too much higher damage wise vs survival with the 60% higher hp.

I would agree then that it seems a bit weak for a black card vs Atlantis/Maya. I also expect it to hit next week.

Edit: Fauxy did you account for the extra attacks? 
Each Pompeii has a max of +3x its damage so 2 Pompeii + Smilodon = (1+3+1+3+1)x(40)=9x40=360

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(05-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Well, Mobius can be played mono water using Cassandra +2 swegdes for vfast charging with constant burst so I can see something similar with Pompeii.

Mobius will still support mono machina a bit better with the water =every element, and enchanted runes every round so I think that Pompeii won't be too much higher damage wise vs survival with the 60% higher hp.

I would agree then that it seems a bit weak for a black card vs Atlantis/Maya. I also expect it to hit next week.

Each Pompeii has a max of +3x its damage so 2 Pompeii + Smilodon = (1+3+1+3+1)x(40)=9x40=360

I went with 40% damage since that's the version that's not bugged. Also note that chasers are a teamskill not leader, so only 6 attacks at *.4 or *.5 will be launched, not 12.

So it's 3 attacks (both Pompeiis and Smilodon) x 40 = 120 + 6 attacks (the chasers that depend on Marked/Race Runes) x 40 x .4 = 96. 120 if 50%.

Total should be 216 or 240, not counting the non multiplier members, provided there are 4 of them. So maybe limited color machina might be better than off race enchantresses. This seems like the kind of team that has plenty of damage anyway and is wanting for utility instead. I would say Fire/Earth seems like a good combo, with Turing (who boosts fuel kinda evenly with mass hearts) and the new earth mech who gives up to 50% HP per recovery as an enchantress effect.

Pompeii - Smilodon - Fire Lionel - Turing - Phi (I think that's her name?) + Pompeii? Maybe?

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(05-08-2018, 11:49 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Well, Mobius can be played mono water using Cassandra +2 swegdes for vfast charging with constant burst so I can see something similar with Pompeii.

I went with 40% damage since that's the version that's not bugged. Also note that chasers are a teamskill not leader, so only 6 attacks at *.4 or *.5 will be launched, not 12.

So it's 3 attacks (both Pompeiis and Smilodon) x 40 = 120 + 6 attacks (the chasers that depend on Marked/Race Runes) x 40 x .4 = 96. 120 if 50%.

Total should be 216 or 240, not counting the non multiplier members, provided there are 4 of them. So maybe limited color machina might be better than off race enchantresses. This seems like the kind of team that has plenty of damage anyway and is wanting for utility instead. I would say Fire/Earth seems like a good combo, with Turing (who boosts fuel kinda evenly with mass hearts) and the new earth mech who gives up to 50% HP per recovery as an enchantress effect.

Pompeii - Smilodon - Fire Lionel - Turing - Phi (I think that's her name?) + Pompeii? Maybe?

Another team skill of mecha is increase it attribute rune effect at max 60%
Yep but for that you need 6 mecha of the same attribute and that would limit a lot the utility. 3 fire mechas is a safe assumption (leader, ally and Smidolon) though.

Speaking if which, how does that interact with attribute sharing effects, like in Mobius case she has water=50% all attributes does the water machinas increase to water affect the attribute sharing effect?

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk
ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
(05-09-2018, 03:16 AM)Joaqs Wrote: Yep but for that you need 6 mecha of the same attribute and that would limit a lot the utility. 3 fire mechas is a safe assumption (leader, ally and Smidolon) though.

Speaking if which, how does that interact with attribute sharing effects, like in Mobius case she has water=50% all attributes does the water machinas increase to water affect the attribute sharing effect?

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

It really depends on what pompei active.
Current notable fire mech actives quite ok.
Time extender+damage reducer(lionel), enchater+full board enchant(smilodon), booster or heal (agnesi). 
And fire mecha from new series is converter.
1) ohhhh crap I didn't see the fact that it was a teamskill Confused that makes it not as powerful as I thought.

2)joaqs are you sure that the boost is related to the number of on color machinas in a rainbow machina team and not just on the number of all machinas? I haven't tested to try and calculate the damage, and since it requires all machinas to pass the mark regardless of elements I thought it was also regardless of element.

Point 2 as you are reading it makes rainbow machina extremely detrimental!
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
Each machina boost their own attribute runes by 10%, that's why rainbow machina is a total waste of machina's team skill and it would be best to be mono or bi-color, or at most tri-color team if playing pure machina.  Let alone fueling up the whole team would be a nightmare.

Also to Joaqs' question about attribute sharing effects, sadly it's a "No".  There had been tests on the Chinese server, the machina's runes effect only impact the same attribute's attack.  No matter Water=Heart or Water=All, the Water machina's rune effect won't carry over to Heart or other attribute.  Which again makes multi-attributes machina team less appealing in my opinion.

Back to the Fire Black Card, I hope Pompeii is designed to be a team member rather than a leader.  Team skill 1 if work with only Pompeii being in the team (like Atlantis' -CD team skill), it will be a perfect when tag along with Smilodon.  And not only helping any fire team (may be not so for Chessia) but also machina and any rainbow team (kinda like Yog right now).  All it need is a good utility + damage booster active and all will be perfect.  But then, by experience I know that's too good to come true.  If it's only a machina leader with high multiplier, then this really the worst black card in the history, even with Team skill 1 and 2.

Apologize if I use the wrong terms or names making it hard to understand.  I play on the Chinese server so the English names terms are quite new to me.
English version of the Pompeii video is out: https://www.facebook.com/TowerOfSaviors/videos/pcb.1366268936808017/1366268273474750/?type=3&theater

...Ma-sheen-nah? --;
[Image: BPfjm4o.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Chang'e, Hubble
The video alluded to players complaining it was difficult to get all 5 cards... But then never came up with a reply or solution to it other than saying that a black card would be released as well.