Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Next VR series has Gods in it + Next Black card is Fire Machina
Thanks for the rant yeah it summed up most of what I feel, at most I would say that mono elf CF is the one I feel as weak since with other members it actually works since it is mini Atlantis but so many peeps got Atlantis that he is ignored (and Atlantis came too soon)

Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(05-06-2018, 08:33 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 08:04 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Actually I wonder, what does people feel as water element identity in ToS? (I hope to see a future beast /demon water jackpot after Mobius)

Water's been so all over the place. Statwise they have higher recov and lower HP, but the one place this would have benefited, Water Elves, turned out to be more of an offense heavy team, while Dark and Fire (who are weighted to have more attack) ended up being recovery heavy, ironically.

They have bad enchantresses, usually overcomplicated gameplay style, and usually subpar team stats because of their weird balancing. The only thing that seems to be a recurring mechanic that you'd want to be a recurring mechanic is damage reduction, but even that is bleeding into other elements with cards like Lu Xun. There are some others like recovery added into attack (also bled with Turing) and Water=Hearts that I'd like to see be used more and used better.

I dunno. Cards like ML and Pollux work for their elements because they can help a lot of diff leaders shine, but what happened in water is that they got one leader who shines (Atlantis) and as a result all of the other leaders have been gimped to prevent him from becoming too powerful. MH made an attempt to carve out a water niche after serious outcry from the playerbase, but I honestly think they took completely the wrong direction and now we have to deal with the consequences.

I think demons and beasts would be a nice place for them to build a new water team, yeah. And they could stand to give humans a bit more too, since Sun Ce has very little bleed with Atlantis. Right now Water God development (that isn't Atlantis) is basically dead because of Atlantis, and Cornflower isn't quite working either and I don't see that changing for a while. So clearing some new ground and starting from scratch might be good for future development. But also, maybe what water really needs is stronger members. This is just my two cents, sorry for the rant.

I really feel like Atlantis didn't need the damage reduction, since % healing already means he can abuse Cass on levels Water Xi can't even hope to mimic. Maybe MH thought he felt too similar to Water Xi and chucked damage reduction on as well, but it's made him such a jack-of-all-trades leader that it's hard to give other Water leaders an identity.

I feel like Demon would be the best place to start anew, since I feel like they've been given the shaft as a Race. The identity of Demons as a kill-or-be-killed berserker playstyle doesn't fit well in the current game state though, so MH needs to come up with a way for Demons to survive that's uniquely them. Also, Water and Demons clash a bit in identity, so it might be difficult to pull off design-wise.

The safer option would be to just expand on Sun Ce, as he's already shaping up to be a somewhat versatile team with a fair amount of utility behind him.

[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
(05-07-2018, 01:24 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote: I feel like Demon would be the best place to start anew, since I feel like they've been given the shaft as a Race. The identity of Demons as a kill-or-be-killed berserker playstyle doesn't fit well in the current game state though, so MH needs to come up with a way for Demons to survive that's uniquely them. Also, Water and Demons clash a bit in identity, so it might be difficult to pull off design-wise.

How about this?
Quote:Leader: Water and Demon ATK 3.5x and REC -50%; 4x the reduced REC is added to total HP. Water and Heart runes also have 50% effect of all Demons' attributes.

Team skill: For every 3 combos made (initial dissolve only), each member launches an extra attack. For every attack launched, recover 4% of total HP and the monster's ATK 1.1x. At the end of each round, restore all runes to their default state. For every Demon in the team, +1s spin time regardlessly.

Active (CD 7): For each attack received by an enemy, Demon ATK on said enemy increases by 0.15x, up to a maximum of 4x after 20 attacks. Multiplier resets each turn. Can be deactivated any time; on deactivation, enchant all runes and current CD -2.

- Water's high REC becomes an asset, bumping up HP.
- Running on a similar principle to Azathoth, more initial combos = better damage and consequently healing.
- Hearts don't heal any more, but they're still team attack runes for a Demon team, or you could use Wen Zhong.
- Elves and Demons become useful members to have, and Machinas become sources of good healing.
- Cassandra and Divergent Water Bride become unusable; time tunnels and extensions are less useful. Board-converting Water cards (Sloth, Zhao Ling-Er, Aloha) give extra damage and healing; damage spikes (Douman, Odous, Pupuro, Abe, Florice) become powerhouses. Chaser attacks (Giemsa, Pinkie, Andromeda, Chris) compound on the damage boost but you have to balance it with some Demons to really make use of the active. Ghroth and Zhuge Liang pretty much become damage multipliers as well.
- As a member you could use it just for a CD5 enchant, like Smilodon; it's also roughly a Team ATK 1.3x at minimum for a full Demon team and possibly more (Welwitschia, Iron Fan, Satan). Anti-synergy with non-attackers means less of ML and Ubume.

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
Atlantis is not just jack of all trades, he is pretty much master of everything. Great ability to stall, high recovery, high damage, amazing ability to deal with nasty shields, increased rune spinning time, increased offensive rune drop rate causing pretty much no fear of rune drought. I mean what more could you ask for in a team.
 Big Grin Angel

(05-08-2018, 12:26 AM)Max_LKC Wrote: Atlantis is not just jack of all trades, he is pretty much master of everything. Great ability to stall, high recovery, high damage, amazing ability to deal with nasty shields, increased rune spinning time, increased offensive rune drop rate causing pretty much no fear of rune drought. I mean what more could you ask for in a team.

Yeah, that's a better description. XD

Old news, but confirmation that the next Black card is a Fire Machina called Pompeii: https://www.facebook.com/tos.zh/videos/pcb.1836050533152124/1836048803152297/?type=3&theater
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
Potential skills for Fire Machina black card
Leader skill: Machina Attack x5
Team skill: Heart runes also possess 100% effect of Fire runes. Each round 6 random runes will be marked? For each marked rune dissolved, launch an extra fire attack of 40%, max 6 extra attacks.
Team skill: Machina HP, Attack and Recovery x 1.6 additionally.

Active skill I'm not sure about.
First teamskill has an alternative but is bugged unless I misinterpret the skill (Heart runes also possess 100% effect of Fire runes. Turn Fire runes under Machina to Fire Machina runes? For each *Dragon* rune dissolved, launch an extra fire attack of 50%, max 6 extra attacks.)
Second teamskill would make it very OP so not sure they will add that.
(05-08-2018, 04:14 AM)joetjef Wrote: Potential skills for Fire Machina black card
Leader skill: Machina Attack x5
Team skill: Heart runes also possess 100% effect of Fire runes. Each round 6 random runes will be marked? For each marked rune dissolved, launch an extra fire attack of 40%, max 6 extra attacks.
Team skill: Machina HP, Attack and Recovery x 1.6 additionally.

Active skill I'm not sure about.
First teamskill has an alternative but is bugged unless I misinterpret the skill (Heart runes also possess 100% effect of Fire runes. Turn Fire runes under Machina to Fire Machina runes? For each *Dragon* rune dissolved, launch an extra fire attack of 50%, max 6 extra attacks.)
Second teamskill would make it very OP so not sure they will add that.

Are the skills just speculation? or is it actually been said somewhere?
Personally, if it's another machina leader, i hope it has a skill to solve the fuel charging problems that machina have
The information is data mined, can change from here to the actual release but  don't expect much.

This is another leader that encourages heart generators, aka Turing, so the charging could be stable and in any case it will see higher benefit from the 50% boost than the 100%

Edit :I mean the 50% bonus that grants + 60% effect from attack runes, it is going up be a bigger damage increase than the 100% chasers. It has to do with the damage distribution coming already from multiple chaser attacks on L/A just like Mobius. 
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(05-06-2018, 06:22 PM)wong ah neh Wrote: Fallen halo series also deserve some buff.
This series contain gods, demons and human
(05-07-2018, 12:02 AM)spacelion Wrote: I am really hoping they introduce PR to Yamato instead , even though that series power level is still slightly relevant (Amaterasu, Izanagi and Tsukuyomi all are good cards)

In my opinion everything from League of Broken Wings to Kojiki deserve a revamp somehow. Specially many cards of those first 3 seals which have been questionable from the very start like Abraham, Sera, and Caocao.
[Image: tgasfLe.png]

[GOS] Oriceles. UID: 64,287,068
Common adjutants: Atlantis, Nobunaga, Arthur, Ophiuchus, and Turing.
I'm Guild of Saviors president, and we are looking for members.
(05-08-2018, 10:13 AM)Oriceles Wrote: In my opinion everything from League of Broken Wings to Kojiki deserve a revamp somehow. Specially many cards of those first 3 seals which have been questionable from the very start like Abraham, Sera, and Caocao.

Sera was never a rare card, but i agree with the others.  Abraham was usuable but needed time extension.  Cao cao was just a wash because his bonus just makes him a normal mono team even though i think his ts is the coolest.