Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Next VR series has Gods in it + Next Black card is Fire Machina
This card isn't really reeling me in like all the other black cards out there. The fact that having more of these in your team is better doesn't really sit well with me either (what with the extra attacks and all) but I've come to terms with that since Atlantis also functions in a similar manner, and also I don't really feel the need to watch dozens of extra attacks eating up even more time.

That being said, I will still do the draws because the event comes only once in a while but I probably won't be breaking bank for this card unless someone or something convinces me otherwise; right now it's more of a side bonus rather than a main objective I guess. From the normal Diamond Seal pool I REALLY want Artemis (plz MH, I'm practically begging for her here) to complete the series and have a strong and versatile dark team (why not throw me some Egyptian dupes while we're at it eh?) and from the AC seal, non-black cards that I'm missing and want are: LTG, Cornflower, Arthur, Rococo, Gaia, and Aether

As a side note, I can already see how sadistic they can be if they're planning on designing new stages such that Pompeii gets the edge; 20 hit shields with reflect every second wave or enchanted large puzzle shield EX anyone? I was secretly hoping his(?) active skill's name would be called eruption or something for a slight jab at history but I guess that's a tad too dark. 

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(05-13-2018, 03:43 AM)attanond Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 12:29 AM)vespher Wrote: Even though I dont own half of cards from regular 2 seals we have, drawing from them really seems redundant after I got some of best members needed as staples (enchantresses, greek goods, keepers, revolutionary heroes...).

All that to have a chance to draw again for 100 ancient coins and chance at best leaders from which again I own half.

I'm not complaining, but this seems reason enough to avoid regular diamond seals until something as good as sindhu draws come. Yeah, this is simmilar to that, but there is no allure compared to limited seals that will come next month.

Also, saving will make me feel better, after I have a considerable amount of diamonds, tossing 50 once in a while wont feel so bad as when I dont have any.

Is anyone else thinking to skip this event?

I'm a semi F2P player and I will definitely not skip this event. After this, Pompeii won't be available in normal draws (maybe it'll come back) and it'll be very hard to get from just ancient coin seal alone. For example, I missed Atlantis, Maya and Anubis (came back just in December) and now it's just impossible for me to get them unless I get super lucky (maybe Anubis will return to regular seal when his VR comes out). 

I'd say it's worth the 200 diamonds since after-all diamonds come at you quite easily nowadays.
You can get approximately 100 diamonds each patch (40 from patch package, 32 to 48 from 4-6 weeks of arena assuming you get at least legend 3, 20 to 30 from 4-6 weeks of the patch, 4 to 6 from 2-3 new biweekly, 2-3 from new SM)

Atlantis is a game-breaking card, which makes other water leaders obsolete, except for some achievements.
Pompeii is just another fire leader(is she even a leader at her current state?), which, taking into account current card pool, isn't undeniably better than Hephaestus, Phanes, or even Yog. Different one? Yes. Comparable? Maybe. Better? 100% no.

So for semi f2p it's actually better to skip the event.

(05-13-2018, 11:17 PM)Bearer of the Cursed Ring Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 12:29 AM)vespher Wrote: Even though I dont own half of cards from regular 2 seals we have, drawing from them really seems redundant after I got some of best members needed as staples (enchantresses, greek goods, keepers, revolutionary heroes...).

All that to have a chance to draw again for 100 ancient coins and chance at best leaders from which again I own half.

I'm not complaining, but this seems reason enough to avoid regular diamond seals until something as good as sindhu draws come. Yeah, this is simmilar to that, but there is no allure compared to limited seals that will come next month.

Also, saving will make me feel better, after I have a considerable amount of diamonds, tossing 50 once in a while wont feel so bad as when I dont have any.

I'm a semi F2P player and I will definitely not skip this event. After this, Pompeii won't be available in normal draws (maybe it'll come back) and it'll be very hard to get from just ancient coin seal alone. For example, I missed Atlantis, Maya and Anubis (came back just in December) and now it's just impossible for me to get them unless I get super lucky (maybe Anubis will return to regular seal when his VR comes out). 

I'd say it's worth the 200 diamonds since after-all diamonds come at you quite easily nowadays.
You can get approximately 100 diamonds each patch (40 from patch package, 32 to 48 from 4-6 weeks of arena assuming you get at least legend 3, 20 to 30 from 4-6 weeks of the patch, 4 to 6 from 2-3 new biweekly, 2-3 from new SM)

Atlantis is a game-breaking card, which makes other water leaders obsolete, except for some achievements.
Pompeii is just another fire leader(is she even a leader at her current state?), which, taking into account current card pool, isn't undeniably better than Hephaestus, Phanes, or even Yog. Different one? Yes. Comparable? Maybe. Better? 100% no.

I'm really leaning towards skip as well. I could spend the diamonds here but chances are I wouldn't have enough diamonds when the next draw series comes along. So yes the diamonds are there, but no this one card is not likely to be better than the next series.

Although I have most other diamond seal cards anyway. If you don't have a lot of diamond seal cards your experience may vary.

(05-13-2018, 11:17 PM)Bearer of the Cursed Ring Wrote:

Good point. Indeed Atlantis is a gamebreaking card. And as semi-f2p player you can get around 100 dimes per patch, so sometimes you gotta skip some event because you'll never know when will a card like Azathoth be released again.

As for me, I'll be drawing Pompeii because as someone has said, the event is only once and it will be hard to get her/him/it (what gender is pompeii?). And many can argue that Pompeii might not be as good as Hep, Phanes or Yog, but their playstyles are really different, so it's really preference.

So IMO, if you don't have a good fire leader, then you should draw, but if you have other top tier fire leader, it's optional to draw.
I might try my luck for Pompeii. While I feel the same that it's cirrently quite unappealing compare to other black cards. I still think it would be a useful addition to my fire deck since I really bad at solving puzzle shield. Especially it will be a great help for the puzzle shields in arena (currently I skip anyone with a fire or earth puzzle).

Also I'm missing quite a few grand prize from the previous series, so not a bad idea for me to try my luck in the big pool or ancient coins.

By the way, anyone knows which series is in the pool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
(05-14-2018, 01:21 AM)alpha5omega7 Wrote: I might try my luck for Pompeii.  While I feel the same that it's cirrently quite unappealing compare to other black cards.  I still think it would be a useful addition to my fire deck since I really bad at solving puzzle shield.  Especially it will be a great help for the puzzle shields in arena (currently I skip anyone with a fire or earth puzzle).

Also I'm missing quite a few grand prize from the previous series, so not a bad idea for me to try my luck in the big pool or ancient coins.

How many diamonds do you have total? I don't recommend you to draw if you do not have 200 diamonds. In case you get really unlucky, if you don't have enough, you might be leaving empty handed.

As for series in the pool, you mean ancient coin or regular?

If ancient coin, I can list it out for you (Based on Hsu's recent video):
Black Card - Whole Genesis series (no sindhu based on Fauxy's comment)
Regular Seal Cards- JTTW (Chinese Gods), Origin of Demons, Primal Greek Gods, Revolutionary Heroes, Companion of Mythical Beasts
Special Seal Jackpots - Fallen Halos, ROTK1&2, Yamato, Knights of Round table, Sengoku, Starburst, Elfish Perenials, Prologues, and 8 Xian
(05-14-2018, 01:28 AM)attanond Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 01:21 AM)alpha5omega7 Wrote: I might try my luck for Pompeii.  While I feel the same that it's cirrently quite unappealing compare to other black cards.  I still think it would be a useful addition to my fire deck since I really bad at solving puzzle shield.  Especially it will be a great help for the puzzle shields in arena (currently I skip anyone with a fire or earth puzzle).

How many diamonds do you have total? I don't recommend you to draw if you do not have 200 diamonds. In case you get really unlucky, if you don't have enough, you might be leaving empty handed.

As for series in the pool, you mean ancient coin or regular?

If ancient coin, I can list it out for you (Based on Hsu's recent video):
Black Card - Whole Sindhu series + brides 
Regular Seal Cards- JTTW (Chinese Gods), Origin of Demons, Primal Greek Gods, Revolutionary Heroes, Companion of Mythical Beasts
Special Seal Jackpots - Fallen Halos, ROTK1&2, Yamato, Knights of Round table, Sengoku, Starburst, Elfish Perenials, Prologues, and 8 Xian

Thanks. I will have just enough diamonds by the time Pompeii debuts. 192 for now, +5 from arena tmr, several stages I can finish for addition diamonds. That's result of skipping since the Sindhu from CNY. Only drew like 6 cards from CF.

I was looking for the regular draw lists. Just want to see what I hope for other than Pompeii.

http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Seals#Ancient_Coin_Seal

According to Wiki Sindhu will not be in, but Genesis will. Also according to backstory Pompeii goes by "he."

For the 10-draw it will be literally all cards available through diamond draw regularly, exceptions being Ethereal Dragons (who have been removed from Diamond seals everywhere) and the other black cards. Only Pompeii will be in the 10-draw at a .8% chance of draw.

Food for thought: After the hard buff to Maya (and the loads of great members she's gotten) and the pre-emptive VR for the Brides, everyone should know that MH is not above cheating the development schedule for black cards. I don't think people should expect cards to be gamebreaking on release. Also, as Attanond said, you don't actually have to draw 40 to get him, that is just the worst case scenario, and as far as worst cases go, it's not that bad.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
(05-14-2018, 01:55 AM)Fauxy Wrote: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Seals#Ancient_Coin_Seal

According to Wiki Sindhu will not be in, but Genesis will. Also according to backstory Pompeii goes by "he."

For the 10-draw it will be literally all cards available through diamond draw regularly, exceptions being Ethereal Dragons (who have been removed from Diamond seals everywhere) and the other black cards. Only Pompeii will be in the 10-draw at a .8% chance of draw.

Food for thought: After the hard buff to Maya (and the loads of great members she's gotten) and the pre-emptive VR for the Brides, everyone should know that MH is not above cheating the development schedule for black cards. I don't think people should expect cards to be gamebreaking on release. Also, as Attanond said, you don't actually have to draw 40 to get him, that is just the worst case scenario, and as far as worst cases go, it's not that bad.

I agree with you about gamebreaking on release.
Maya was very strong because there's ML and Luna
Atlantis is very gamebreaking because of the existence of Wenzhong + Cass (though without Wenzhong+Cass, Atlantis is still top tier leader)

So I guess we can expect more improvements for Pompeii to come.
For 200 diamonds (which is a lot of money and I expect most of the players to need all 40 draws as it's expected that the actual draw rate is lower than previous black card events like with the Crash Fever draw) I expect a (slightly) game breaking card a la Maya/Atlantis. Saving diamonds is not always an option as I actually want to play and max cards too.

Both Maya and Atlantis can deal with the current trend where stages require high combos and/or high recovery, it doesn't need supporting cards and Pompeii doesn't look to provide anything similar. Black cards should be liberating but Pompeii is much about restrictions and that cannot really be solved by supportive cards.

I don't have the intention to draw although there's always that temptation! We'll see next week but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a stage available where Pompeii can proof himself.